BoatFloating
02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Have a little watter.....:messedup:
For all you San Diego peeps....
Lake Hodges
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372Lake_Hodges.jpg

summerlove
02-23-2005, 07:46 PM
That lake was only 15% full in september, now it's overflowing! Lake Powell, TAKE NOTICE!!! :shift:

BoatFloating
02-23-2005, 07:55 PM
That lake was only 15% full in september, now it's overflowing! Lake Powell, TAKE NOTICE!!! :shift:
That's what happens when you get 33+ inches of rain in a few months.... :D

ClownRoyal
02-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I took a job here thinking I could get a head start on my tan. Still waiting...

77charger
02-23-2005, 08:20 PM
i work in san diego here and there saw it go way down never thoought it would spill over heard it used to go under fwy i never seen water there til last month.

77charger
02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I FISHED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FREEWAY ,years ago,early 80's,i think it was ?i always liked that lake ,fishn/drinkn beer in the shade :wink:
the fishing has been very poor as there was no access and water dropped.It is expected to open early march and fishing will still be down for a while due to lots of new areas for fish to swim and the decreased amount of fish but will make a good comeback since there is new cover for spawning bass will take time but will be worth it.

Mandelon
02-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Last time it went over was in 98. Yup, I was there. Over the past few years it was unusable it got so low. Only small fishing boats are allowed anyway.
It got overgrown with trees, and there's no budget to cut them down, and it is a nesting area for some endangered species too. Oh well, nature took care of that.
I email the mayor and suggested they grade out the whole lake and make it deeper.......no $$$$$. Of course now the water will be full of rotting tree bits and the trunks will take out props for years to come....ya gotta love the gub'ment. :messedup:

Dr. Eagle
02-23-2005, 10:59 PM
I think the water flow may be breaking the speed limit on Lake Hodges...

ROZ
02-24-2005, 12:06 AM
I stopped by around 10am today and took pics as well... It was only a couple months ago I saw some local kids riding dirtbikes in the lake bed...close to the launchramp

NashvilleBound
02-24-2005, 05:05 AM
When it got low in 2002 we extended the ramp with the City then for the next few years it was way beyond usable. I even broke in my Ultra in that water the last few weeks the ramp was usable. Could be a nice small recreational spot for locals if they would get their act together. Chances of that.......................... zero :hammerhea

BarryMac
02-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Yeah, there is going to be a lot of stuff floating in that reservoir this year, sure glad I'm storing my boat at the river this year so I'm not tempted to put it in down there, I'm about a mile from the Launch ramp and a couple from the Dam...

summerlove
02-24-2005, 07:48 AM
About three years ago, before the launch ramps were high and dry, I took my 18' flatty out there for a test run. Had a blast - the fisherman were pissed as hell.... :eek:

Dr. Eagle
02-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah, there is going to be a lot of stuff floating in that reservoir this year, sure glad I'm storing my boat at the river this year so I'm not tempted to put it in down there, I'm about a mile from the Launch ramp and a couple from the Dam...
You in Escondeedeleeeo then, right? :confused:

BarryMac
02-24-2005, 09:20 AM
You in Escondeedeleeeo then, right? :confused:
Yes Sir, or as I like to call it East Rancho Santa Fe or SouthEast Encinitas... :D :D :D SummerLove hates when I describe Dido like that... :D

Screaming Pete
02-24-2005, 09:30 AM
the last time the lake had water on both sides i ran my 20 ft jet on the east side of the 15 and roosted the freeway heading west.....1996 or 97 :D

ROZ
02-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Sounds fun to me.... Let's go for it Barry! :D Let's roots the fwy :D
Or go to the bouies and throw rost over the dam... I'll take pics at the side of the dam :D

BarryMac
02-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Sounds fun to me.... Let's go for it Barry! :D Let's roots the fwy :D
Or go to the bouies and throw rost over the dam... I'll take pics at the side of the dam :D
I was thinking that same thing, not sure that my roost would get over them Dam but that would be a hell of a lot of fun, to bad I'm dragging my barge to the river next weekend.

Ziggy
02-24-2005, 01:19 PM
I FISHED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FREEWAY ,years ago,early 80's,i think it was ?i always liked that lake ,fishn/drinkn beer in the shade :wink:
That part of the lake is a fricken forest now....you'd be lucky to navigate an inner tube around there.