PDA

View Full Version : Rode's Way Boats

Reaper1
02-24-2005, 10:53 PM
If anybody in the Inland Empire is looking to get their boat serviced before the season starts, keep Rode's Way in mind.
http://www.rodeswayboats.com/
The owner (Joel Rode) is a friend of mine and an all around nice guy. :D They also carry all the latest accesories like Box Anchors, Bumpers, Ropes, etc. etc. Saturday March 5th they are having an open house. Come by, grab a hot dog, and check out Domn8er boats which whom they are a dealer for. I'll be there picking up some new batteries. :shift:
Shameless Spam Over
Reaper1

mikefd024
02-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Joel is does awesome work, and a good dude...

phebus
02-25-2005, 08:15 AM
I'll be there picking up some new batteries. :shift: Reaper1
Rocky said to make sure you get AA batteries to go with the 16ga. wiring. :D

Reaper1
02-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Rocky said to make sure you get AA batteries to go with the 16ga. wiring. :D
Ha Ha Ha! Is this considered putting the junior smack down? ;)

RODE'SWAYBOATS
02-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey Reaper thanks for the shameless plug . Come on down and we will get you hooked up with some new juice for your boat .

RODE'SWAYBOATS
02-25-2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.animalhousedesigns.net/flyer.jpg
Here is a copy of the flyer for those who want to check us out.

RODE'SWAYBOATS
03-01-2005, 12:44 PM
:d

dtr352
03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
I bought my boat from them last year. A Southwind tunel dragster. Had nothing but problems. I know it was a used boat but it wasn't right. The boat was Joel's personal boat. He told me the boat ran great and he had just changed the oil. Found out after the first trip that the reason the oil was changed was that it quickly fills with water. Anyway the boat leaked water while floating and even more when running. I pulled the motor and three months and two grand later I finally have it ready to run. I never went back to talk to Joel by the time I had figured out all the problems I figured it was too late and just chalked it up to bad luck. Anyway this is just a little warning about the shop.

dtr352
03-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I don't know you or Joel, but I think it's kind of bad form to represent this as a problem with the shop when you, admittedly, never even discussed the problem with him or gave him a chance to help you. Just my .02.
Thats true, I am only stating what happened. It was not meant as a stab at Joel or the shop. Maybe he knew of the problems maybe he didn't. All I know is what happened to me. I wasn't trying to offend anyone just thought I would share my experience.

EliminatorJet
03-01-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't know you or Joel, but I think it's kind of bad form to represent this as a problem with the shop when you, admittedly, never even discussed the problem with him or gave him a chance to help you. Just my .02.
I'll second this... :hammerhea

RODE'SWAYBOATS
03-01-2005, 05:38 PM
I was not trying to screw you. I DO NOT DO BUSINESS THAT WAY. I am sorry that you had problems with it. If you have any thing I can help you with I will be glad to do what I can to help make you feel better. Thank You, Joel Rode.

ChumpChange
03-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Come by, grab a hot dog,
I did'nt see anything about hot dogs on the posted invitation. I just want to make sure that they're going to have them.

RODE'SWAYBOATS
03-01-2005, 06:13 PM
I did'nt see anything about hot dogs on the posted invitation. I just want to make sure that they're going to have them.
There will be hot dog ,drinks, and chips .Come on down take a look around and have a hot dog.

RODE'SWAYBOATS
03-01-2005, 06:21 PM
How about a 25' Deck Boat? Will you have one of those to give away? :D
Sorry Bob not quite yet. But the mold is almost ready for the bottom and the deck tooling will start soon.

RODE'SWAYBOATS
03-01-2005, 06:24 PM
When? No BS, when will the first one hit the water?
I really think Dory is trying to get it done by the end of april I think is what he said.

dtr352
03-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Let me start over. This was not meant to go this way. I did use the boat once so what happened could have been my fault. You used the boat once so what happened could have been overlooked by you. The reason I did not come back to you when I had problems is that I can't prove when they happened. All I know is they happened. I did not mean to bash you and your shop although reading my first post I admit that is what it sounds like. I was simply telling my story. From what it sounds like you have some very satisfied customers.

RiverPirate
03-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Rode's Way has serviced all of my boats, dating back to 1990 when his father ran the shop. Never had a problem. The work was always done when they said it would be and the price was always fair. In todays world all I want is to be treated fair and not taken advantage of, you know screwed over for work that didn't need to be done or paying for parts you never see. Joel's alright with me.
RP

RiverPirate
03-02-2005, 06:28 PM
b u m p

pebo
03-02-2005, 08:37 PM
I bought my boat from them last year. A Southwind tunel dragster. Had nothing but problems. I know it was a used boat but it wasn't right. The boat was Joel's personal boat. He told me the boat ran great and he had just changed the oil. Found out after the first trip that the reason the oil was changed was that it quickly fills with water. Anyway the boat leaked water while floating and even more when running. I pulled the motor and three months and two grand later I finally have it ready to run. I never went back to talk to Joel by the time I had figured out all the problems I figured it was too late and just chalked it up to bad luck. Anyway this is just a little warning about the shop.
DTR was this a tan and brown STD. ? :confused:

WILDERTHANU
03-02-2005, 08:44 PM
I sat across from a couple of guys from Rode's Way on the metrolink last year. We were on the way home from the cal 500...totally cool guys, I forgot about that place.

dtr352
03-02-2005, 09:19 PM
DTR was this a tan and brown STD. ? :confused:
Thats the one.

RODE'SWAYBOATS
03-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Check out our ad this week in Boat Trader Magazine. We will be running specials on Place Diverters , Pegged Movies, and Dom8er Boats. Tim Place will be here with his display.

Reaper1
03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Thats the one.
We used to call her the "Brass Monkey" and she ran hard when Joel took it out. :cool:
Chump Change - I got a Hot Dog for ya. :eek:

pebo
03-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Thats the one.
It used to be my brother boat. He got in a little $$ trouble and had to unload it quick. It was pretty fast, did you get it with the Nos setup?

RODE'SWAYBOATS
03-04-2005, 09:23 AM
This will happen rain or shine .

DrewDown
03-04-2005, 09:32 AM
We used to call her the "Brass Monkey" and she ran hard when Joel took it out. :cool:
Chump Change - I got a Hot Dog for ya. :eek:
Wrong boat dingle berry.

bigerich
03-04-2005, 09:53 AM
I just gotta give Joel and Rodes Way some more pimping action. I dropped my boat off on Tuesday morning to have some work done. Got a call from Joel Wednesday night that it would be ready for pick up Thursday. I was not able to make it back to the shop during normal business hours, so Joel made the boat ready for pickup late Thursday night. Good work, fair prices, and a pretty quick turn around time. What else could you ask for? Thanks again Joel!