PDA

View Full Version : Pam Bricker of Thievery Corporation is dead.

KACHINA KEN
02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
I just got word from Rob Meyers who plays guitar and sitar in Thievery Corporation that Pam Bricker has commited suicide. This happened on Monday but was kept under wraps for some reason. I dont know if you guys are fans but she was a super sweet person and a wonderfully talented lady.
Godspeed Pammy, we love you.
Kenny

PHX ATC
02-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Dude, all your aquaintances are passing on, what's up with that?
I have not a clue who she is or the group, but here's to speedy healing. :frown:

KACHINA KEN
02-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Deaths comes in 3's??? I dunno. She was really bummed all last year. I hope shes in a better happier place now. It sucks but this one isnt nearly as bad as Darrell, I knew him since 88' and was a fan of his since 84'. Also you are a lil pissed off when a friend kills themself, I'm thinking it was a selfish act and she should have reached out to one of the posse. To give you guys an idea of how many people loved her here are a few facts. While in D.C. (her hometown) she was a fixture at one club as a house blues/ jazz singer for over 12 years, she was also the most popular and recognizable female singer in Thievery and was rauciously applauded nitely while we were on tour.
She had developed a pretty bad drinking problem on the last tour and I noticed she always was a lil over emotional when she got drunk, if she had tackled that I think it would have made some of her other problems a little more manageable. Whenever I am depressed like after a breakup or something I usually just put the bottle down for awhile cause I know how I am ( retarded sometimes :hammerhea ).
It's a bummer but there is nothing that will bring her back, we are going to D.C. in a couple weeks for a benefit or something for her, it will probably be at the 930 club or at eighteenth street lounge (Thieverys lounge) It will be nice to see the gang again.

BiggusJimbus
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Damn that sucks.
Thievery Corporation was really great. That whole musical scene wasn't my thing, but I really enjoyed what they did.
My friend tells me that she was the wife of the guy that is the editor of this website...
boingboing.net
Anyway. Sad.

BiggusJimbus
02-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Linked to here...
http://pambricker.com/
Sounds like a hell of a woman.

KACHINA KEN
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the links :smile:

Floored
02-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Ken, about 5 yrs ago a good friend of mine and ex girlfriend got up and cleaned the house. She then took a shower and got dressed / with nice makeup then sat in the bathtub and put a 9mm through her head, and to this day I still don't know why. She was a kind and sweet person and had just spent the day with my wife registering her new car and made plans to come over that weekend for a swim bbq. Still hurts to think about it so I try to remember the good times we had. Sorry for your loss.