PDA

View Full Version : Got me a place on the RIVER...

Scarab Jet
02-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Finally... Man, you can hardly find anything on the River for sale anymore. Especially a property where you don't need a seawall that you can just walk down to the water from your place. Well, after lookin' for over two years, finally found one in a place that I really like, i.e., between Willow Valley and the Needles bridge on the Arizona side of the River.
Now, the work begins... Can't wait to find any excuse to get up there to work on the place, you know... put a ramp in, trying to get it as sandy as possible w/o getting in trouble with the Army core of engineers, etc.
Wish I could retire now... I am ready to move up there permanently...
We haven't come up with a name for our place yet (I'll let my wife handle that one, she can be pretty creative). Any rate, will put some sort of a land mark on it as soon as I get a chance, so all you ***boaters can pull up to the beach and share a brewski or two with us...
Mike...

WYRD
02-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Great Party is at your place then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Mohavekid
02-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Did you buy an empty lot?

H20skier
02-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Welcome neighbor. We're south of the bridge in River Terrace. Loving it! :)

JetBoatRich
02-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Congratulations :D on your new place :D

LUVNLIFE
02-26-2005, 02:37 PM
You are living a dream of many. Throw some pics up so we can check it out. :D

mtndewdrops
02-26-2005, 03:09 PM
I will have to take you up on that brewski sometime.

fourspeednup
02-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Cool, my buddy has a pad in Willow Valley...I love it up there, a lot more mellow :D

Mandelon
02-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Yah, pics. Lucky mudda fukky!!! ;) Good for you. I am jealous. :D

DryHeatOnly
02-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Congrats on the land. I know there were a couple lots for sale with river access directly across the river from the trailer park that I go to (Rainbo Beach). Are you in between 2 nice homes up river and 2 mobile homes on the down river side? The beaches have to be graded (all weeds right now). Am I close?

Scarab Jet
02-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Did you buy an empty lot?
No, it's got a couple of mobiles on it... nothin' fancy. But until I am ready to move up there permanently, it will be great for a weekender place...

Mohavekid
02-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Very cool.
Enjoy it!!

victorfb
02-27-2005, 08:09 AM
i know its a bit tacky to ask, but how much was the lot with a mobile on it? and how big of a lot? thats a great area. love that stretch of river. Congradulations.

INSman
02-27-2005, 08:32 AM
No, it's got a couple of mobiles on it... nothin' fancy. But until I am ready to move up there permanently, it will be great for a weekender place...
Scarab, need a partner !!!!! :D :D :D

shueman
02-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Love that stretch of the river....congrats....!!!
Post some pix of the view... :smile:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Congrats!

INSman
03-02-2005, 06:47 AM
Finally... Man, you can hardly find anything on the River for sale anymore. Especially a property where you don't need a seawall that you can just walk down to the water from your place. Well, after lookin' for over two years, finally found one in a place that I really like, i.e., between Willow Valley and the Needles bridge on the Arizona side of the River.
Now, the work begins... Can't wait to find any excuse to get up there to work on the place, you know... put a ramp in, trying to get it as sandy as possible w/o getting in trouble with the Army core of engineers, etc.
Wish I could retire now... I am ready to move up there permanently...
We haven't come up with a name for our place yet (I'll let my wife handle that one, she can be pretty creative). Any rate, will put some sort of a land mark on it as soon as I get a chance, so all you ***boaters can pull up to the beach and share a brewski or two with us...
Mike...
Mike
When is the first "Open House" for the summer ??
Can I buy-in as a partner ?? :)

ChumpChange
03-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Scarab, need a partner !!!!! :D :D :D
Blane, I thought you were married :notam: Does your wife know about this request?

TheLurker
03-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Welcome neighbor, Congrats on your purchase.
I know what it is like looking. We spent a few years looking but could not find anything that worked for us until last year. We are on the south end Dike road down river of Needles bridge. One of the few lots with a beach

INSman
03-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Blane, I thought you were married :notam: Does your wife know about this request?
Well sure I am, but she has an "open" mind :eek: :2purples: :hammerhea

Scarab Jet
03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Yah, pics. Lucky mudda fukky!!! ;) Good for you. I am jealous. :D
Haven't had the chance to take any pictures yet... Will post some as soon as I get the chance to get back up there...
Mike...

Scarab Jet
03-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Congrats on the land. I know there were a couple lots for sale with river access directly across the river from the trailer park that I go to (Rainbo Beach). Are you in between 2 nice homes up river and 2 mobile homes on the down river side? The beaches have to be graded (all weeds right now). Am I close?
Yup... u r pretty close... Actually, I am right across from the Rainbo Beach. Didn't even know that there were any lots for sale up there. This one was actually a private sale that I found out about through my connections up there so it wasn't even listed.
It has a rather rocky beach, so I am actually wonderin'... Does anyone know the best way to get it to come out sandy? Or I should say as sandy as possible?
I'd assume that with all the sandy beaches out there, there is somebody local that specializes in doing something to them to make them so. Wouldn't u think?
Any ideas are appreciated...
Mike...

SHOTKALLIN
03-02-2005, 05:29 PM
get a big sifter and some chaps from the local home depot parking lot. let them work at it for a few days. Then dump a couple scoops of sand and even it out. that should work.

Debbolas
03-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Congrats!
What she said!!
Scream and I are trying to put together a "river" place :wink:

dupers
03-09-2005, 11:09 AM
We love our River Pad. We have a place across the river from Needles in Arizona called River Terrace. It's great! Not too far from Havi and Mohave. You'll definately like having a place to call your own.

Charley
03-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Welcome neighbor. We're south of the bridge in River Terrace. Loving it! :)
Hi neighbor.... have we met??? used to be here.....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38DSC00894-med.JPG
and we will be breaking ground here in about 2 months
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38DSC00900-med.JPG
You know Dave Deatley ??

Charley
03-09-2005, 12:05 PM
We love our River Pad. We have a place across the river from Needles in Arizona called River Terrace. It's great! Not too far from Havi and Mohave. You'll definately like having a place to call your own.
U2?? lol wow lots neighbors on these boards

Charley
03-09-2005, 12:09 PM
I'd assume that with all the sandy beaches out there, there is somebody local that specializes in doing something to them to make them so. Wouldn't u think?
Any ideas are appreciated...
Mike...
This is what I have heard so dont take it as fact without some followup with someone who really knows... but to create a sandier beach you need to create a "rock style" "jetty" on the upriver side of your lot. Problem is the army corps of engineers (marjorie blaine will likely be your contact) does not always allow it... If you do it through proper channels(permit etc...) prepare yourself for the negative..... if you just dump a pile of rocks in cross your fingers ;)