PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sam....(DHO)

slink
02-26-2005, 08:16 PM
See you there, how did the boat cover dilema work out?

DryHeatOnly
02-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi Jeff...For some strange reason the owner hasn't called me. I talked to the storage place twice (one time in person). The lady said she spoke to the owner and gave her my number. Still no calls though. When is the statute of limitations up?!?!? j/k :hammerhea :D :D
I'll have to see if they'll give me her number.

slink
02-26-2005, 08:30 PM
You did all that is required..My only suggestion is taking pictuers so that they cant say you did more damage than you actually did

DryHeatOnly
02-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Nah, I'll make it right. I checked it out the next morning and it wasn't pretty. I took some picts but they're on the other PC right now (not too exciting if you know what I mean ;) ). I did notice a scrape on the boat's fender (rubber vs painted metal = 2 nickel sized chips down to the primer). This may wind up being an insurance deal anyway. :rolleyes: We'll see.
Last weekend was a little more expensive than normal. On the way out to Glamis I had a trailer tire blow out. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for some dude in Brawley who was making a left and stopped to tell me about it. I don't know how long I was driving like that. Anyway, it ripped the fender strip away.
New trailer tire.....$125
New trailer fender...$100(?)
New boat cover & fender repair...$700(?)
Getting the family home safe and sound...priceless. :D

Mrs.Racer277
02-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Nah, I'll make it right. I checked it out the next morning and it wasn't pretty. I took some picts but they're on the other PC right now (not too exciting if you know what I mean ;) ). I did notice a scrape on the boat's fender (rubber vs painted metal = 2 nickel sized chips down to the primer). This may wind up being an insurance deal anyway. :rolleyes: We'll see.
Last weekend was a little more expensive than normal. On the way out to Glamis I had a trailer tire blow out. I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for some dude in Brawley who was making a left and stopped to tell me about it. I don't know how long I was driving like that. Anyway, it ripped the fender strip away.
New trailer tire.....$125
New trailer fender...$100(?)
New boat cover & fender repair...$700(?)
Getting the family home safe and sound...priceless. :D
That is the spirit. I was complaining about our ride out to Havi last weekend. But at the end all I could think was atleast we made it back safe.
Good luck with the boat situation.

DryHeatOnly
02-26-2005, 09:23 PM
That is the spirit. I was complaining about our ride out to Havi last weekend. But at the end all I could think was atleast we made it back safe.
Good luck with the boat situation.
I was just reading some of the later posts regarding little Madison. I then came back to this thread and realized I made an attempt at humor a bit earlier (a la Master Card) but it sent chills up my spine thinking of her and her family. I hope nobody takes my comment the wrong way. I was not thinking of their situation at the time (which still gets me choked up). I was thinking of the possibility of losing both tires and rolling the trailer.
Sam.