PDA

View Full Version : Sleek 30' Heritage ???

Indiansprings
02-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Does anyone have any info on these boats? Deadrise, performance, how they handle. It seems like a nice boat. Any of you out there have one? Like to hear the good, bad and ugly. I already know about the company, just want to learn about the boat. Thanks

INSman
02-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Does anyone have any info on these boats? Deadrise, performance, how they handle. It seems like a nice boat. Any of you out there have one? Like to hear the good, bad and ugly. I already know about the company, just want to learn about the boat. Thanks
Did you say 29' Shockwave !!! :D :D

Indiansprings
02-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Sleekcraft 30 SSB Heritage.

INSman
02-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Sleekcraft 30 SSB Heritage.
I have been in one last summer and was not overly impressed. Go for the 29' Shockwave.

jdelo
02-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Indiansprings,
THE 30 SSB MAKES AN EXCELLENT FAMILY/PERFORMACE BOAT.
THE BEAM ON THIS BABY IS 8.5' IT PERFORMS AND HANDLES WELL. HAS PLENTY OF ROOM AND STORAGE.

Indiansprings
02-28-2005, 07:12 AM
jdelo, what kind of speed can you get out of them with a 496HO or a HP500EFI? You have a whipple, bet that runs good.

dicudmore
02-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Roxysnow here on the boards has a 30' Sleek
Nice boat

Essex502
02-28-2005, 07:31 AM
While it's not the exact boat you're looking at ... Powerboat Magazine featured the 32' Sleekcraft Heritage in their April 2004 edition. You might want to ask around to see if anyone has a copy. Or contact Powerboat for a reprint or maybe a back issue. I seem to remember it was powered by twins though.

jdelo
02-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Indiansprings,
WITH A 496HO or 500EFI THE 30 SHOULD RUN 64-67 MPH.

Indiansprings
02-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Roxysnow, do you have any info for me?

Indiansprings
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
jdelo and Roxysnow, Can you give me some more points on these 30' Sleeks?

INSman
03-01-2005, 07:28 PM
jdelo and Roxysnow, Can you give me some more points on these 30' Sleeks?
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT think about making a decision on this without driving both the Sleekcraft and the Shockwave first !! The only way to do it right, without ever having to second guess your decision !! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Indiansprings
03-01-2005, 07:35 PM
What does the 29' Shockwave go for?

INSman
03-01-2005, 07:59 PM
It all depends on when you buy and what you equip the boat with, number and type of motors, number and type of drives. In the end, you sort of get what you pay for and I make the "SERVICE" a big part of my decision. There are builders that you hear some good and some bad about, some nothing but bad and then those that you virtually hear nothing but good about in regards to the product and service.
I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone on these boards that owns a Shockwave any has anything less than EXCELLENT things to say about their boat, and the folks over at Shockwave, especially Barry.

INSman
03-01-2005, 08:03 PM
My new 29' should be finished within the next 4-5 weeks. I would be more than happy to take you out as would any other owners on the boards. This assumes that you are not making a decision in the next few days. Call Barry with any questions and maybe get some numbers together, and I would definitely stop by the shop and try to get a run setup.

Indiansprings
03-01-2005, 08:17 PM
I really have my eye on one boat. It is loaded with everything I want. I have owned two 28' Sleeks. Very nice boats. They are a local company, I have always had great dealings with them. I do highly recommend Sleekcraft boats. The 30' Heratige is one of the only boats of theirs I havent been on. I would however like to own a 29 Magntude with a pair of 525's. Out of my budget :mad:

DogHouse
03-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Magic/Sleek has stepped up their game recently and is putting out some dammmm nice boats. The 30' Heritage is enormous inside, well designed, nicely executed, and a great all around boat IMO. For me the swim deck alone is enough to put it ahead of the Shockwave, but not everyone cares about that. My favorite part of the 30 Sleek is the open feel of the mid-cabin open bow version. I really like how it's not all closed off inside. I wouldn't run that big a boat with less than a 525HP though, and more is better! Powerboat did a test on one a while back and had lots of good things to say about it.

INSman
03-01-2005, 08:45 PM
I really have my eye on one boat. It is loaded with everything I want. I have owned two 28' Sleeks. Very nice boats. They are a local company, I have always had great dealings with them. I do highly recommend Sleekcraft boats. The 30' Heratige is one of the only boats of theirs I havent been on. I would however like to own a 29 Magntude with a pair of 525's. Out of my budget :mad:
I didn't have or want to spend the money for twin 525's either !!!
I just noticed you live in AZ and can understand the ties to Magic. I would try for a 575SC with an XR, as Merc is discounting those to about the same price as a 525, because of the new 600SC that is replacing the 575SC.

Roxysnow
03-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Hey IndianSpring! Sorry about the delay! We have the 30 Heritage. Of course my opinion is going to be kind of biased but we love our 30'. It is a grreat boat for size and storage and family use. It has plenty of room, big mid-cabin. If your looking for raw speed then go with a CAT(if you can afford the insurance). It's a heavy boat and sometimes I wish I had a set of twins in it or a larger motor. I have the 496 mg ho and thinking about the upgrades already but would make much sense considering price and gains. I am seeing 62-63 mpg (gps). Definitely go with an upgraded motor though. Unfortunately, I don't think sleek is doing twins in the 30 anymore due to space in the engine compartment but I know they have done it before. Seen a 30 w/ twin a few months back. Mine handles great in big chop and performance is awsome. No complaints at all. It fits our situation perfectly. PM me if if have any specific questions. We visited all the manufacturers and it was a tough decision. Check with DEXMAN on the boards. He has a 29 magnatude. Another beautiful boat. We ran a Catalina run together late last year. I am sure he'll give you an honest answer. If cost is an issue, I know Kachina is producing a nice 30 (drone) in which Force30(26) just bought one and might have some input for you too. Definitely, check out both boats and ride in them both. Your the paying for it. We have had only the best in customer service with Sleek/Magic. No problems at all. But I am sure every manufacturer is going to have there share of bad apples too. Good luck shopping!

Sane Asylum
03-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Indian.....PM me.....I've tested both boats and can share my thoughts.....Tested the Sleek w/496HO at length (almost an entire Sun. afternoon)...

Sane Asylum
03-02-2005, 07:30 AM
Indian........Just noticed you're in Goodyear......What the hey???? Where art thou...

INSman
03-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Indian.....PM me.....I've tested both boats and can share my thoughts.....Tested the Sleek w/496HO at length (almost an entire Sun. afternoon)...
sane
I would be interested in hearing your thoughts in a PM on this issue :D

Indiansprings
03-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Sane, you have a PM

silverius
03-02-2005, 08:24 AM
We have a 2004 30' Heritage and love it. Sleekcraft did a great job. For the the money it is a great boat; there is a ton of room in the boat and it handles very well. It takes rough chop with no problem. Speed with the 496HO is about 63-67 depends on how many people and how you trim it out.
Negatives: The trailer is lousy, too heavy, poor suspension, bad brakes.
The integrated ladder in the swim step, lousy idea, comes down right over the prop--somebody gonna cut there foot there someday. Bigger bilge tank and larger fuel capacity would be nice too.
It is actually hard to find too much wrong. The factory and the sales people in Havasu. The guys in Fontana (Scottie and Chad) are the bomb. They know their stuff and will help you out.

Indiansprings
03-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Silverius, Sounds nice, love to see some pictures. What prop are you guys running?

Chris Winn
03-02-2005, 08:47 AM
i have the Magic 29 wizard, and it has been a great boat, with the 496 it has gone about 67 GPS (soon to change ;) )
Magic has been very good to me, i can agree that the trailer has not been the best, but he boat is great and they have stood by it
i looked at the shockwave, it is a nice boat, but i boat in havasu and i wanteda local company be there if i should need help.
if you do yoru search on both companies, there are good and bad points, but Magic has really stepped up and has built a good reputation out there. Clu the service manager is great, and allways willing to help.
do your homework, but i think that Sleekcraft/magic is as good as anyone out there, just depends on what you feel when you are in it!

Indiansprings
03-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I always liked the 29' Wizard. It is a clean looking boat. I think Sleek/Magic have really stepped up their game. I really need the 30' because of the room inside. It is huge. As far as speed goes, if the HP500 wont get it into the upper 70's than a Whipple will be in order. :wink:

dicudmore
03-02-2005, 09:19 AM
I always liked the 29' Wizard. It is a clean looking boat. I think Sleek/Magic have really stepped up their game. I really need the 30' because of the room inside. It is huge. As far as speed goes, if the HP500 wont get it into the upper 70's than a Whipple will be in order. :wink:
there ya go.....nothing a little HP can't fix in the speed dept :D

Chris Winn
03-02-2005, 09:20 AM
the only bug i have with my boat might be the amount of storage that is conceled (where items won't fly out when running)
i talked to the guy next to me at the regatta last year who had a 30 with the hp500, he sid that winter he was good for low 70's, but during the summer he could do an honest 70 still.
i might suggest buying your boat with a 496 and an XR with hydrolic (SP) steering, then have raylar do their magic on it (it will be more pwerfull than the hp525) and save a few bucks.
good luck on it

dicudmore
03-02-2005, 09:33 AM
the only bug i have with my boat might be the amount of storage that is conceled (where items won't fly out when running)
i talked to the guy next to me at the regatta last year who had a 30 with the hp500, he sid that winter he was good for low 70's, but during the summer he could do an honest 70 still.
i might suggest buying your boat with a 496 and an XR with hydrolic (SP) steering, then have raylar do their magic on it (it will be more pwerfull than the hp525) and save a few bucks.
good luck on it
That would make for a nice reliable combo :D

INSman
03-02-2005, 09:47 AM
One of my concerns in not going with Magic or Sleek is that these molds are getting along in age and the company had admittedly spent the majority of their time, energy and resources with the CATS and the new Deckboats.
Their other models could certainly benefit from some advanced re-tooling. If I was putting an order in with Magic on anything other than a CAT or Deck, I would insist that the bottom be "BLUEPRINTED" for no additional charge, end of story. "NO" storage on the Wizard either !!
Just my .02c

Chris Winn
03-02-2005, 10:04 AM
One of my concerns in not going with Magic or Sleek is that these molds are getting along in age and the company had admittedly spent the majority of their time, energy and resources with the CATS and the new Deckboats.
Their other models could certainly benefit from some advanced re-tooling. If I was putting an order in with Magic on anything other than a CAT or Deck, I would insist that the bottom be "BLUEPRINTED" for no additional charge, end of story. "NO" storage on the Wizard either !!
Just my .02c
coming from an owner of a wizard, there is storage, allthough i would like to have more storage in certain areas. magic placed storage under the rear seats and under the whole open bow area as well as under the engine hatch on either side of the motor. and i have 2 very large removeable coolers that are in built cabinets- i wouldn't call that no storage!, i would just like a bit more
Magic only spent money on the tooling of just cats and deck boats? i think if you do your homework, almost the whole sleekcraft line was retooled with steps (i still like my non step platform) and new hull lines and strakes for the underside. getting in age is one thing- but look at people like Dana, they use a hull design that is dated, but still very good in the performance it offers.
did you ask for the shockwave to be blueprinted at no addtional charge? if the boat is built right (it is the new owners responsibility to look at everything) then what does that buy you (1-2 MPH??).
just my .02 worth :cool:

jdelo
03-02-2005, 02:50 PM
The 30' Sleek Is The Way To Go. A Word Of Advice, Spend The Extra Money Up Front On Your Engine.

Roxysnow
03-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Exactly, Pay for the upgraded motor and drive. :D

INSman
03-02-2005, 03:17 PM
coming from an owner of a wizard, there is storage, allthough i would like to have more storage in certain areas. magic placed storage under the rear seats and under the whole open bow area as well as under the engine hatch on either side of the motor. and i have 2 very large removeable coolers that are in built cabinets- i wouldn't call that no storage!, i would just like a bit more
Magic only spent money on the tooling of just cats and deck boats? i think if you do your homework, almost the whole sleekcraft line was retooled with steps (i still like my non step platform) and new hull lines and strakes for the underside. getting in age is one thing- but look at people like Dana, they use a hull design that is dated, but still very good in the performance it offers.
did you ask for the shockwave to be blueprinted at no addtional charge? if the boat is built right (it is the new owners responsibility to look at everything) then what does that buy you (1-2 MPH??).
just my .02 worth :cool:
Chris
Not meant to be a personal attack on you, your boat or Magic. I was using my own personal knowledge and conversations with various Sleek/Magic reps. over the past (2) years, that came about as to why buy a Cat or Deck in lieu of one of their 'V''s. I should not have said "NO" storage, just not nearly enough for me personally and what I am used to with ski lockers and such. The "blueprinting" issue I think is more personal preference than anything, and as new as the DCB molds are, they still offer it and charge accordingly. Is it worth it and what do you gain, well it is all relative and just a matter of personal choice. What works for some will not for others. In regards to the Dana, I would assume that some re-tooling work was done and they had recent great write-ups, whereas I can't seem to find much at all on a 29' Wizard or 30' Sleek. In the end, it is whatever works for you and if the boat does what you want it to for the price you wanted to pay for it.

Chris Winn
03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Chris
Not meant to be a personal attack on you, your boat or Magic. I was using my own personal knowledge and conversations with various Sleek/Magic reps. over the past (2) years, that came about as to why buy a Cat or Deck in lieu of one of their 'V''s. I should not have said "NO" storage, just not nearly enough for me personally and what I am used to with ski lockers and such. The "blueprinting" issue I think is more personal preference than anything, and as new as the DCB molds are, they still offer it and charge accordingly. Is it worth it and what do you gain, well it is all relative and just a matter of personal choice. What works for some will not for others. In regards to the Dana, I would assume that some re-tooling work was done and they had recent great write-ups, whereas I can't seem to find much at all on a 29' Wizard or 30' Sleek. In the end, it is whatever works for you and if the boat does what you want it to for the price you wanted to pay for it.
completely understood,
i am used to the floor lockers, btu my boat has a belly fuel tank (keeps the cg low) so that storage gets thrown out.
i am going to see what i can get out motor before i mess with much else. the 29 wizard had agreat write up in powerboat about 2 years ago, and the 26 and 32 sleek have been in the year, the 30 i will look for to see.
\
good luck on the new boat

Indiansprings
03-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Roxysnow, You have a sweet looking boat. I love the graphics on it.
Who all is headed to the Sleek/Magic Regatta this year? Should be a good time. Right?

Indiansprings
03-02-2005, 11:00 PM
I hope I am still invited to it :confused: