PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in Page/Powell?

Outnumbered
02-28-2005, 01:54 PM
We're looking to go back to Powell this year for the first time in about 8 years. Anybody rent slips at that new Antelope Point marina? I have never seen it but it looks like its in the main chanel with no protection from the boat wakes. I was thinking of staying at the Marriott and renting a slip there or staying at Wahweap and getting a slip at their marina. Any feedback on which is better? Looks like Antelope is less crowded which is a plus but not if your boat gets pounded in the slip.
Thanks
OL

AzLakeLizard
02-28-2005, 02:17 PM
We're looking to go back to Powell this year for the first time in about 8 years. Anybody rent slips at that new Antelope Point marina? I have never seen it but it looks like its in the main chanel with no protection from the boat wakes. I was thinking of staying at the Marriott and renting a slip there or staying at Wahweap and getting a slip at their marina. Any feedback on which is better? Looks like Antelope is less crowded which is a plus but not if your boat gets pounded in the slip.
Thanks
OL
Antelope is protected by breakwater and a no wake zone. The Lodge "Lake Powell Resort" (which was called Wahweap Lodge) will be open this spring with some nice renovations and the Marriot is nice too.

MsDrmr
02-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I am sure you are tired of this ?, but how is the water level looking?

Outnumbered
02-28-2005, 02:34 PM
http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.shtml
Supposed to come up 40-50 feet this summer. Woo-hoo!

Mardonzi
02-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately, Marriott isn't on the water, only Wahweap Lodge. You can get transient slips at Wahweap and catch the shuttle into town. Antelope Point does rent transient slips for 30.00 a day. This includes power and water. The number there is 928-645-5900, ext 1 and they start taking reservations after April 1. Wahweap's slips run 22.30 a night with power and they are taking reservations now at 928-645-1027. One good thing about Wahweap is that they have showers out on the docks now as well as real live flush toilets and it's not on the reservation, so you can buy a beer there!!

MsDrmr
02-28-2005, 02:38 PM
http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.shtml
Supposed to come up 40-50 feet this summer. Woo-hoo!
thats awsome! thanks

AzLakeLizard
02-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately, Marriott isn't on the water, only Wahweap Lodge. You can get transient slips at Wahweap and catch the shuttle into town. Antelope Point does rent transient slips for 30.00 a day. This includes power and water. The number there is 928-645-5900, ext 1 and they start taking reservations after April 1. Wahweap's slips run 22.30 a night with power and they are taking reservations now at 928-645-1027. One good thing about Wahweap is that they have showers out on the docks now as well as real live flush toilets and it's not on the reservation, so you can buy a beer there!!
Beer??? did you say beer??? :D lol... and at the "Lake Powell Resort" they now have a nice Java City set up .. for REAL coffee in the mornings!

Mardonzi
02-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Questions from you ,, never get tired of those.
We were out yesterday and they are still fluctuating flows to help the chub,,, (as Deeznutz says,,, f*%$#*k the chub). The launch ramps have been extended... concrete all the way to the water now and when the water does come up the 50+ feet, they will be great. It even looks like Stateline ramp will be usable for the season. If the storm projections for the Colorado drainage come through, there will probably be an even higher rise.
It's going to be a great summer out on the lake,,, Aug 4-8th is going to be a great party,, put on by in part byTitties and Beer,,, make your reservations, spots are filling up fast!!! (not really,, always room for more).

Outnumbered
02-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks. I know that Mariott is not on the water but thought it may be better to keep the boat at Antelope and by-pass the narrows??? The room rates are similar, so which is the better way to go? How close are the rooms at Wahweap to the mooring slips? Can you walk from your room to the boat? That would be sweet.
Thanks
OL

Mardonzi
02-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks. I know that Mariott is not on the water but thought it may be better to keep the boat at Antelope and by-pass the narrows??? The room rates are similar, so which is the better way to go? How close are the rooms at Wahweap to the mooring slips? Can you walk from your room to the boat? That would be sweet.
Thanks
OL
You can walk down,, Half of the rooms overlook the marina. Not a bad deal and as AZLL said, they are remodeling the Lodge so they should be really nice.

DEEZ NUTTS
02-28-2005, 04:06 PM
It wouldnt be that big of a deal to pull the boat each day either. I think most of the hotels there have boat parking.
I have never paid for a slip. The Marina store closes at 6 or 7p.m. Roll in after that and nobody bothers you. The slips are right in front of the store.

Outnumbered
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
save your trip till aug 4-8-9?we will lake camp and you WILL EAT/DRINK LIKE A KING,TRUST ME you will have a good time :D
I think we may do more than one trip this year. Should be lots of fun.
Thanks
OL

INSman
02-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Buy a share on Summerloves new Houseboat and you will be all set !!!