PDA

View Full Version : roll back bed cover??

nodigg
02-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Any one got a line on where I can get one of those trick roll back bed covers for a Chevy short bed? I have seen them on trucks launching in Havi but never paid much attention since I have an Avalanche till now. And before you ask, I don't want a fiberglass solid cover, still need my truck to be a work truck too. Any one have one?

riverracerx
02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
They are pricey at about $1500.00, but very cool! My friends buddy has one and they are worth the cash IMO.
Here is a site that has them:
bedlocker (http://www.realtruck.com/products/bedlocker.php)

nodigg
02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the input. Those are pretty trick. I think what I was seeing was a vinyl type cover that rolled up on a spool that I was seeing. Not as sturdy as the one you refferred to me but less bulky when rolled up I think.

wrenchdaddy
03-01-2005, 06:40 PM
my girlfriends dad has one I think its made by Roll lock or somethin

Mandelon
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Froggystyle has one on his chevy.

Blownboat
03-03-2005, 08:13 AM
I had the rolltop and now I have the Bed locker,it is much better and it is electric so you dont burn your hands in the summer when trying to open it!You can also stop it at any position! :D

Blownboat
03-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Oh ya,my vinyl one delaminated in our hot sun after a year! :frown:

nodigg
03-03-2005, 01:48 PM
I had the rolltop and now I have the Bed locker,it is much better and it is electric so you dont burn your hands in the summer when trying to open it!You can also stop it at any position! :D
Looked at that style a couple of days ago in Mission Viejo, not sure I like losing the bed space up front but other wise it is pretty trick. May go vinyl since I always carry gloves out here in my truck for the hot metals. And I don't want to keep put the thieves, just out of site and drier.