PDA

View Full Version : Music downloading????

cdog
03-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Who do you use and why? I used to use kazaa, then that whole lawsuit thing spooked me and I uninstalled it. Now it says it's legal? What? Not really sure. Is the kazaa light better. I don't mind payin to skip the spyware. Your thoughts?

rvrhlic
03-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Who do you use and why? I used to use kazaa, then that whole lawsuit thing spooked me and I uninstalled it. Now it says it's legal? What? Not really sure. Is the kazaa light better. I don't mind payin to skip the spyware. Your thoughts?
I used to use Kazaa but now it is too much of a pain in the ass to get complete songs, avoid viruses and spyware. You should just go the legal route, itunes, musicmatch, real, etc.
When you download some songs in itunes or any other for that matter, you can burn them to a cd and then re-import them as mp3 thus avoiding the restrictions on their format.

Sane Asylum
03-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Morpheus Ultra......

OutCole'd
03-02-2005, 09:59 AM
When you download some songs in itunes or any other for that matter, you can burn them to a cd and then re-import them as mp3 thus avoiding the restrictions on their format.
I have bought songs from music match but have not tried to burn them yet. Can you burn them in a MP3 format on a CD?

cdog
03-02-2005, 10:05 AM
I used to use Kazaa but now it is too much of a pain in the ass to get complete songs, avoid viruses and spyware. You should just go the legal route, itunes, musicmatch, real, etc.
I was looking at the itunes site last night, do they have anything you want? I listen to a lot of punk and not so common music?

cdog
03-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Is it still illegal if you dont share any music? I moved all of my kazaa files out of the shared folder. Does that work?

JustMVG
03-02-2005, 10:40 AM
I have bought songs from music match but have not tried to burn them yet. Can you burn them in a MP3 format on a CD?
Yes you can, i have Musicmatch and do it all the time.

rvrhlic
03-02-2005, 10:50 AM
I am not sure if you can burn music mathc files as mp3's I know for itunes, napster, and real you have to burn the cd as music then re-import the songs as mp3's. Once you do that you burn a data disk or MP3's.

rvrhlic
03-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Is it still illegal if you dont share any music? I moved all of my kazaa files out of the shared folder. Does that work?
You will probably not be hasseled but keep in mind that the RIAA has a bunch of servers setup that have music shared (all of the songs are fake or incomplete). When you download music they can capture your IP address and possible come after you. If you really want to use Kazza, use Kazaa ++ which has IP masking and don't share any music.
PM me if you want the program as I have it on my web server you can download.

RexRathburn
03-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Have any of you used this application?
http://hymn-project.org/jhymndoc/
After downloading m4p's from iTunes, you can use this application to scrub it and convert it to mp3 format.
I haven't used the new JHymn yet, but I used the old hymn application. It changed m4p's to m4a's and then you could import them back into iTunes to convert them to mp3's. The new version looks like you can convert m4p's to mp3's without importing them to iTunes. I did a quick test of it and I could play the converted mp3 on my Windows Media Player.
I'll let you know how my mass conversion goes.
Happy trails,
RR

NOTALENT
03-02-2005, 04:37 PM
I have used them all..Kazza, Kazza k++, Morpheus, Napster, but the one I use and prefer who I have not had a problem with is..Limewire!! Im downloading as we speak :D over 5000 songs on that program that I have downloaded alone...

rvrhlic
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I just found another really good one, bit torrent. You can download the whole cd using that one and they are all tagged correcltly so they are ipod ready.

moneypit
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I used to use Kazaa.. After time, i got alot of bogus downloads... I guess i deserved it? I also got alot of viruses and spyware..
Do these sites charge per download???

Kim Hanson
03-02-2005, 09:19 PM
I have used them all..Kazza, Kazza k++, Morpheus, Napster, but the one I use and prefer who I have not had a problem with is..Limewire!! Im downloading as we speak :D over 5000 songs on that program that I have downloaded alone...
I love LimeWire, the rest suck.....( . )( . )........... :D

HCS
03-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Me and my family, freinds, and buddies, burn each others cd's and share.
It's no where near the same but it works. :notam:

DUNDUN
03-02-2005, 09:57 PM
i use warez p2p. limewire is good and i think i may start using that one. warez is not terrible but you get some bogus downloads.

AleAlchemist
03-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Quicky, used to use Kazaa , but Ares Galaxy is the best P2P Sharing sytem, no virus, full song, no sign up. great download rate!

JustMVG
03-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Used limewire for a bit , but got tired of getting messed up songs and having to wait forever for some songs and comedy bits to download.
MikeVG