PDA

View Full Version : Jet Boat Of The Year

GlastronGuy
01-03-2001, 06:20 PM
http://www.teshio.com/JetBoat/Year.html

superdave013
01-05-2001, 02:18 PM
Wow, That guy did a nice job! What alot of work! I have restored a few boats and am doing a Schiada right now. But it's in alot better shape than that one. Did you see the stringers in that thing. I knew they were good boats. Most builders brag about full length stringers but that one looked like it had five!

spectras only
01-05-2001, 05:37 PM
Superdave,I'll agree on the nice resto on the glastron but you have to remember,there's a reason for 5 stringers.Glastrons built for speed with outboards and they had quite light layups.Your Schiada has three times the thickness on the bottom than the Glastron.My 20 Spectra has 1" "hand" layup at the keel.A friend of mine had a nice 19foot Glastron with a 350 Chev/Merc o/d and I couldn't shake him off easily with my BB jet.Art Carlson built lot of these little rockets and had to use chopper guns to keep up with the demands.My favorite model is the 23 footer that flies with a big block o/d.It's called tha Scimitar and was featured in a 007 movie once.The bottom design is very good on these boats and they had pads way back in the 70's.

superdave013
01-05-2001, 09:20 PM
When I was a kid we lived on a lake in N. Indiana and a guy raced a Glastron outboard. It had a v4 Evnrude. That was way before the v6 was around. Anyway it was a 16'er kinda like that on less widshield. It was a pretty fast deal back then. Your right about the thickness of the schiada. It's pretty thick and still has four stringers. I know the spectra are pretty tough too.

jim lee
01-09-2001, 11:14 PM
This boat -is- a great resto job! I seen it myself! In fact, if you'd like to see a video of it..
Goto the Real Jetboats video page. (http://homepage.mac.com/jmbo/rjbVideos.html) The bottome video, called "zinkRun" has some footage of GlastronGuy's boat.
Enjoy!
-jim lee

GlastronGuy
01-19-2001, 02:31 PM
Yes, it was a lot of work. It took my brother and myself 3 years (off and on) to finish it. Learned a lot and had some fun.
Thanks for the kind words.

BrentSpectra
01-19-2001, 09:34 PM
Glastron Guy,
I really like the resto.
Brent