PDA

View Full Version : S.C.O.P.E. Kickoff Party

bgchuby01
03-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Everyone it is that time of year for the scope kick off party. Please go to the west coast message board for all of the info or go to SCOPEINFO.COM
The owners of Skater and Outerlimits boat factories Plus the owner of Sterling engines will be there to discuss your next boat. :)

ChumpChange
03-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Meeting and talking to Mike Fiore would allow me to cross off one of the things that I'd like to do in life. Buying one of his boats would be another one.

bgchuby01
03-02-2005, 02:07 PM
I think that Mike would do lay-a-way, anyway he along with all of the other top dogs will be there for the party. There will be catered food (no cost) and a no host bar. :rollside:

C-2
03-02-2005, 06:44 PM
I think that Mike would do lay-a-way, anyway he along with all of the other top dogs will be there for the party. There will be catered food (no cost) and a no host bar. :rollside:
:)

Havasu Cig
03-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Here is a link to the post in the C&T section...
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72337

Havasu Hangin'
03-02-2005, 07:24 PM
I'll be there. Since I failed the DCB snob test...do they have one for SCOPE?
:D

Havasu Cig
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
I'll be there. Since I failed the DCB snob test...do they have one for SCOPE?
:D
Depends what members you are talking to. :rolleyes: :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Depends what members you are talking to. :rolleyes: :D
Is that the "Team Trust Fund" guys?
:notam:

Havasu Cig
03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Is that the "Team Trust Fund" guys?
:notam:
Actually the TTF guys are pretty cool... :cool:

Gerard
03-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Most of the SCOPE people are pretty cool.

KACHINA KEN
03-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey Greg, I am next in the mold buddy :D :D :D :D

bgchuby01
03-03-2005, 07:23 PM
As far as I know most people in SCOPE work for a living, now maybe there living is higher than most but fact is I have been a member for 6 years and I don't know of anyone in the club that behaves that way. All we want to do is have fun with our kids out on the water. If you enjoy serious high performance boating either in the pacific or on the lake come to the SCOPE kick off party. You will see iron there that you would normally see at the boat show. Hey food is free and there is a no host bar :hammerhea

Havasu Cig
03-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Jeff,
I agree most of the guy's are pretty cool but I have personally seen a few people act like a$$holes to people that did not deserve it. It's all about karma imo. You treat someone like shit because maybe they are not living at the same level as you and someday it will probably come back around to you. Just my.02

KACHINA KEN
03-03-2005, 09:20 PM
WASABE runs with SCOPE right? he is also over on OSO.

bgchuby01
03-04-2005, 06:00 AM
Wasabe is the girlfriend of the creator of Offshore Only. Cris I agree every club can have its pain in the ass members, but for the most part the people are pretty good. You just hang out with people you know and little by little you meet new people that you want to be around. I'm just a boat junkie so as long as I am around other boaters I am happy. Is the guy back east happy with your boat? I was there in three days and he could not beleive that it could get there so fast. I left there went to the miami boat show and then came home with a 36 nor tech. Thanks again for getting me the job

Havasu Cig
03-04-2005, 06:33 AM
I agree with that. The person that was the biggest a$$hole might not even be a Scope member, but he does hang with that crowd. They have always been cool with me, but one of the incidents I was present for was bull$hit IMO. Jeffrey, Nort, Gary ect... are all very cool people.
The guy that bought my boat is very happy. I am trying to figure out a way to ship him the bimini I had made for it. I did not think he would want it but he does. Thanks for getting him the boat safely.
Chris

bgchuby01
03-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Your welcome. Please pass the word on the trucking. I am going out next week and buying a new truck just for the boat hauling. Also I am raising my insurance cargo from 300,000 to 500,000. See you at the party

PhantomChaos
03-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey now!!! I work and I'm still and a$$hole! :D :D :D Here's some info incase ya didn't see it in the other 100 places I put it! :D
=================
SCOPE Kickoff Party 2005!!!
Once again, it is time for the huge annual SCOPE Kickoff Party! This year’s kickoff is being held at the new performance place in Southern California, SC Performance Marine! We’re very happy that Scot Conrad’s new performance marine company has offered his location to host the annual SCOPE Kick-Off this year. It’s always a great event to start the year, and it’s FREE!
Come start the 2005 boating season by meeting new people, catching up with old friends, or bring a boating friend to the party and introduce them to the fun-loving performance boating club called SCOPE. There is a great lunch with soft drinks, and a no-host bar too!
Remember, you can join and pay your membership on the spot, grab your bag of membership goodies (T-shirt, stickers, membership gift and other items), grab a drink, hang out and listen to a live band! There’s something fun for the whole family. Bring your Harley, bring your Hot Rod, sports car or fancy tow vehicle to show off. It’s all about the toys!!
Come meet some industry leaders in
performance boating!!!
¨ Mike Fiore - Outerlimits Powerboats
¨ Mike Danniballe - Sterling Engines
¨ Peter Hledin - Skater
¨ Jim Hering - Hering Propellers
===================
Event Specifics
Event Date: Saturday, March 12th
Time: Starts at 11:00AM, ends at 3:00PM
Reason: Lunch, join SCOPE, see boats, pickup membership items, see the other hot rods or Harleys, and meet new friends!
Cost: Nothing - No host bar
Event Contact: Lu Lyall: Lu@SCOPEinfo.com - Cell Phone: 1-949-500-5469
Web Link: www.SCperf.com

PhantomChaos
03-04-2005, 01:59 PM
World Speed Record Holder To Attend Southern California Performance Boating Celebration
Russ Wicks to visit the grand opening of SC Performance Marine for the SCOPE Kickoff Party
Huntington Beach, CA - March 12, 2005 – Russ Wicks will join other industry leaders in performance boating at the SCOPE (Southern California Offshore Powerboat Elite) Kickoff Party held at the new SC Performance Marine facility.
The SCOPE Kickoff Party will feature performance boats, hot rods, Harleys, and even a live band. Principals from Sterling Engines, Hering Propellers, Skater, and Outerlimits Powerboats will also be attending the event.
“As part of Dick Simon’s Indy Car operation, I got to know Russ and have followed his career from land racing into water speed records,” stated Tim Horgan, SC Performance Marine Sales Manager. “We are please that Wicks will be joining us to celebrate at our grand opening and the SCOPE Kickoff Party."
"As a big fan of offshore boat racing I look forward to spending the afternoon with others passionate about going fast on water,” said Russ Wicks. “It will be great to see Scot Conrad again, and visit his new state-of-the-art SC Performance Marine company in Huntington Beach.”
About Russ Wicks:
Seattle’s Russ Wicks is one of few people to have traveled over 220 MPH on both land and water. With already one world speed record under his belt, he is now focused on returning the outright World Water Speed Record to the United States. Wicks will be starring in a new television series, titled “American Speed King”, which will follow him as he prepares to break several world records as well as participate in other major racing events. For more on Russ Wicks visit www.russwicks.com
About SC Performance Marine:
SC Performance Marine constantly offers new products and technology for your total satisfaction. With a large number of pre-owned listed boats, SC Performance Marine is a leader in performance boat brokerage. SC Performance Marine constantly offers new products and technology for your total satisfaction. For more on SC Performance Marine visit www.scperf.com
About SCOPE:
The Southern California Offshore Powerboat Elite (S.C.O.P.E.) club is the premier offshore performance boating club in the Southern California area. With membership over 200 strong this year, the club is filled with fun-loving performance boaters that enjoy the event filled calendar, plus the safe and organized atmosphere that SCOPE is known for, including events for the whole family. SCOPE can be found on the Internet at www.scopeinfo.com

Havasu Cig
03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
We will see you there Nort, even if you are an a$$hole j/k :D

bgchuby01
03-06-2005, 07:35 AM
test

Quality Time
03-06-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm in.

H20 Toie
03-06-2005, 10:14 AM
i'm going, may ride the bike if it's nice

bgchuby01
03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
test

Jen
03-07-2005, 10:21 AM
We will be racing in Parker that weekend, sorry we can't come, say Hello to everyone for us :umm: We miss all our SCOPE friends!!! Hope to see everyone here at the desert heat poker run...
Jen & Rick

bgchuby01
03-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I was informed today that a company called Art of Design from back east will also be attending.

Liquid Courage
03-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Most of the dudes from scope are very cool people. I used to think some of the guys were very cliquish but once I got to know them better I found they were very cool. Don't be shy just come out and party. Not to mention the fact that it's Scott
Conrads grand opening too and I don't think I've ever met someone that didn't think Scott was a super nice guy!

INSman
03-07-2005, 10:36 PM
I was informed today that a company called Art of Design from back east will also be attending.
That would be Dean and his wife Marie, great people in Indiana that used to live here in SoCal, Pasadena I believe. They design and paint/airbrush some or should I say most of the wild stuff seen regularly on NorTech, Cigarette, Hustler and Skater boats.

KACHINA KEN
03-07-2005, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=bgchuby01]I was informed today that a company called Art of Design from back east will also be attending.[/QUOTE

bgchuby01
03-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Come to the party its FREE FOOD, HOT BOATS, HOT GIRLS

CJ
03-10-2005, 02:16 PM
I'll be there!!!