PDA

View Full Version : Capitalism at it's best + Eddie Marine

Not So Fast
03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Has anyone noticed that Eddie Marine's price for their clamp-on Dbl X Silencer went from a price last week of $129 a pair to $230 a pair in the online catalog as of today. Ya gotta love this kind of exploitation, way to go EDDIE!! A-HOLE NSF :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Indiansprings
03-03-2005, 09:52 PM
bump that

fourspeednup
03-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Got a lot of boaters running to their favorite parts suppliers for mufflers that will pass the CA law....didn't you pay attention in econ 101? :D :D They didn't raise prices because they're a-holes, it's all about what the market will support :sqeyes:

Norseman
03-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Got a lot of boaters running to their favorite parts suppliers for mufflers that will pass the CA law....didn't you pay attention in econ 101? :D :D They didn't raise prices because they're a-holes, it's all about what the market will support :sqeyes:
Yea just like Home Depot does in Fl just before the hurricane hits with plywood.
I think it's called Price Gouging :mad:

HavasuDreamin'
03-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Yea just like Home Depot does in Fl just before the hurricane hits with plywood.
That is a little over the top. Not saying what Eddie has done is right, but there is a difference between plywood that people need to board up their homes in order to help them survive and some mufflers for a boat of all things that is an extra curricular activity! :devil:
Capitalism can work in the reverse too. If you don't like, buy another silencer. If enough people do this, the price will be back down to $129 before you know it.

Havaparty
03-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Has anyone noticed that Eddie Marine's price for their clamp-on Dbl X Silencer went from a price last week of $129 a pair to $230 a pair in the online catalog as of today. Ya gotta love this kind of exploitation, way to go EDDIE!! A-HOLE NSF :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
Check out the Imco 4" tail pipe with removable/replaceable baffle. Looks like a normal tip. It even has a quiet internal flapper. I have used the XX mufflers and they do cause noticable power loss.

HM
03-04-2005, 07:51 AM
STill cheaper than a ticket and cheaper than most the other systems.

dirty old man
03-04-2005, 08:19 AM
My mufflers ran over $2400 (installed). It wasn't just dividing the cost by the possible number of times stopped, here at Mead they can ban you until you get it fixed (fix ticket). Couldn't afford loosing even one day at the lake

Not So Fast
03-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Check out the Imco 4" tail pipe with removable/replaceable baffle. Looks like a normal tip. It even has a quiet internal flapper. I have used the XX mufflers and they do cause noticable power loss.
Darrin; did you buy one of your own boats buddy?? If and when I put muffs on I'll talk to ya, right now there are to many rumors and bogus stories! NSF (Bobby) :2purples: :2purples:

HM
03-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Darrin; did you buy one of your own boats buddy?? If and when I put muffs on I'll talk to ya, right now there are to many rumors and bogus stories! NSF (Bobby) :2purples: :2purples:
Yup, I hate how hot boat prints bogus stories and how cops come on the boards and post rumors of what they are going to do on the water. This madness has got to stop!!!! :rolleyes:

Racer277
03-04-2005, 08:58 AM
I worked lumber at HD in the 80's (man I'm old!). During some of the Hurricanes, we didn't have plywood here on the west coast, as they re-directed it all to Fla, where they were giving it away. Also sand bags and plastic were given to residents in limited quantities.
This is when the founders had a direct hand in running the company and would sneak into stores to see how we handled customers.
I know the service has changed, didn't know about price gouging, that's dangerous.