PDA

View Full Version : Commie Journalist Released / Fired on by US

carbonmarine
03-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Too bad they didnt get her ! ...
__________________________________________________ _____
Report: U.S. Fires on Freed Journalist, Friday, March 04, 2005
Italian Journalist Pleads for Life
ROME — A freed Italian hostage was injured and an Italian secret service agent killed Friday after a U.S. armored vehicle fired on a car in which they were riding in Iraq, two Italian news agencies reported.
The Apcom and ANSA (search) news agencies said that Giuliana Sgrena (search), a reporter for the communist daily Il Manifesto, was in a hospital in Iraq with a shoulder injury. The shooting occurred at a roadblock while the car was heading to the airport, the reports said.
The editor of Il Manifesto, Gabriele Polo, said the secret service agent was killed when he threw himself over the freed hostage to protect her from fire, according to Apcom. He also said Sgrena was in the hospital but was not seriously injured.
The U.S. military press desk in Baghdad (search) had no immediate comment on reports of the shooting and said it was looking into the matter.
The Italian prime minister says he has asked the U.S. ambassador for an explanation after an Italian official was killed at a U.S. checkpoint following the release of an Italian hostage.
Earlier, the Italian government had confirmed Sgrena's release and said a plane was waiting to bring her back to Rome. :devil:

mirvin
03-04-2005, 02:11 PM
SOmehow you missed her quote.......Something about how "this just re-inforces the fact that everything the U.S. is doing over here is MAD" :crossx:
Journalists don't belong there.
mirvin

Jordy
03-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Italian, French, whatever. :D

Tom Brown
03-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I wish you guys would invade quebec.
They could use some democracy.

Blown 472
03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
I am sure it is on the list. :hammerhea

mirvin
03-04-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't know....you guys got any Earl??? If there's no Earl I don't think it's worth it..... :220v:
mirvin :boxed: