PDA

View Full Version : S.D. Folks

Ntwotrance
03-04-2005, 02:34 PM
where's a good place to eat lunch around Coronado? Taking the family there tomorrow to tour around....

Ntwotrance
03-04-2005, 02:38 PM
thanks, gonna get directions for it

GrapeApe
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
If you are in Coronado on Sunday morning, go to the Hotel Del for Brunch.. Its the best.. But I think it may be Raining.... :cool:
*** Grape Ape ***

Ntwotrance
03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Making the trip tomorrow, I work on Coronado once a week and figured I'd haul the rest of the family with me to check it out, then tour around. I found Casa de Bandini, I vaguely remember eating there about 5 or 6 years ago, and remember that it was great food, thanks Bob.

Jordy
03-04-2005, 03:09 PM
There is a good little deli/restaurant on the East side of the main drag through town, before you get to the Del. It's a couple doors down from the Moo ice cream place.
It's called the Beach Grill and Deli. 1015 Orange Avenue. This time of year it should be pretty quiet over there. :D

Ziggy
03-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Cross the Bay and go into the Gaslamp District---lots of eatery choices there.
Can't really go wrong with any of the places in Old Town either.
Have a nice day with the Fam. :smile: Hope the weather holds out, spots of rain off-n-on much of the day today.

AvengerBabe
03-04-2005, 03:16 PM
OOH!! go to Pehoe's on Coronado. It is right on the water and has gorgeous views of the city and boats and whatnot. The food is some of the best I have ever had and the atmosphere is very cool inside too (hawaiian theme). I highly reccommend going here.

RexRathburn
03-04-2005, 04:05 PM
OOH!! go to Pehoe's on Coronado. It is right on the water and has gorgeous views of the city and boats and whatnot. The food is some of the best I have ever had and the atmosphere is very cool inside too (hawaiian theme). I highly reccommend going here.
I second this!!!! Peohe's is is one of my favorite restaurants in San Diego!

Trash
03-04-2005, 04:06 PM
At the Ferry Landing you have Peohes, Bay Beach Cafe, and an Italian place which escapes memory right now. Peohes is the best and most expensive at this end of the island.
At the other end of the island centered around 10th and Orange Ave. there are many places to chose from. Thomaso's is good and medium priced. Brigantine and Miguels are also solid choices. I would eat at Miguels any day over Casa de Bandinis however. Hotel Del will have great choices too, but is expensive. Prince of Whales room is outstanding as is the Crown Room.
Trash

MudPumper
03-04-2005, 04:14 PM
The Italian place is Il Forniao (sp)

Ntwotrance
03-04-2005, 04:17 PM
How's parking in that area Trash?

ROZ
03-04-2005, 04:17 PM
There's some great site seeing and eating off University and 54th street ;) :D

AvengerBabe
03-05-2005, 08:44 AM