PDA

View Full Version : California car sale question...

Performance 19
03-04-2005, 04:03 PM
I have a question that I am hoping those of you in the car business can help with. This is how the question was posed to me... ' If someone buys a car and is told it is brand new, then found out the car was actually returned previously because the financing did not go through, can the car be sold as new? Do they have to disclose it was actually driven and now considered used? The dealer states they do not have to disclose the information.'
Anybody know the law regarding this? Hate to have to call the DMV...Thanks!

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-04-2005, 04:04 PM
I think Ziggy can help with this.. but I think they have to disclose everything about the car..

bgchuby01
03-04-2005, 04:26 PM
It has to be sold used after the first RS. If the dealer did not tell you that you can take the car back for a full refund. If the dealer gives you any crap go to a DMV office and file a complaint. DMV will force the dealer to take back the car and refund you back every last cent

Kilrtoy
03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
that is a used car all day long,
tell them to take the car back and give him a new one,
Advise him the next stop will be at the DMV investigators office if he does not get his new car and life time oil changes and tunes ups.....

callbob4homes
03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
and at least a reach around if not a full on bj :D

LAVEYSABRE575
03-04-2005, 08:52 PM
BGCHUBY is right the car must be sold with a used car temp. reg. ...regardless they should of disclosed it was an unwind vehicle (previously sold) if the dealership is smart they would have had you sign a vehicle history sheet showing it was a unwind, call the store G.M. give him a chance to fix the problem tell him you want a substantial discount (rewritten contract) for that vehicle or a new car, the car you bought is already a unwind so it wont hurt them to unwind it again and give you a new one...enjoy