PDA

View Full Version : Heyyyyyyyyyyy Fontana

Dr. Eagle
03-05-2005, 07:50 AM
I hear you joined the Tornado Touchdown club...... :2purples:
FONTANA — A tornado struck a residential subdivision Friday, damaging at least two homes, authorities said.
No injuries were immediately reported from the midday twister, said Tim Franke, a San Bernardino County Fire dispatch supervisor.
The tornado also downed power lines to several homes. Fire crews were evaluating the extent of damage to the structures, Franke said.
A storm system was moving north through the areas of Fontana and Rialto, about 50 miles east of Los Angeles, prompting the National Weather Service to warn of possible flooding, hail and strong winds
:eek:

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-05-2005, 07:57 AM
we didn't get any rain really yesturday.. That sucks for Fontana. there sure has been some weird weather latley. :220v: :)

ahhell
03-05-2005, 07:59 AM
I lived in Fontana for 10 years...they should be used to high winds, 3 days at a time...Santa ana's, Tornados just a compact Santa ana :D

JustMVG
03-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Oh the horror of a tornado taking the roof off of a water company hut that covers a pump. And dislodging a window from a guys house, oh yeah big "Twister " stuff here. Although there has been some funky weather this past couple of years.
MikeVG
Fontana survivor :cool: :p

Dr. Eagle
03-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh the horror of a tornado taking the roof off of a water company hut that covers a pump. And dislodging a window from a guys house, oh yeah big "Twister " stuff here. Although there has been some funky weather this past couple of years.
MikeVG
Fontana survivor :cool: :p
Whew... glad you guys survived... LOL... ;)

Phat Matt
03-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I heard it was an F0, or wind from a helicopter.

Dr. Eagle
03-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I heard it was an F0, or wind from a helicopter.
F0, F1, whatever it takes...
the ones last week in Sacramento were a F0 level, but they did quite a bit of property damage...
Regardless, Fontana is still on the map... :wink:

looky_lou
03-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Crazy weather this year for sure.
We are getting So. Cal weather in Seattle and So. Cal is getting Seattle weather. :frown: