PDA

View Full Version : ever wonder why we don't

mickeyfinn
03-05-2005, 05:43 PM
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG , OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND TO THE REPUBLIC , FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION "UNDER GOD ", INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTYAND JUSTICE FOR ALL!
What do you think about this?
It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a mess about having "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the 14% to Sit Down and BE QUIET!!!

Sweet Addiction
03-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Right the F*** on. Makes me think our country is going to crap.

Mrs. 4-B
03-05-2005, 06:04 PM
I agree, I'm tired of the minority telling the majority how to run our lives!

Kilrtoy
03-05-2005, 06:18 PM
If they dont like it they are free to leave...

SHOTKALLIN
03-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Our country is going to crap! It is not politicaly correct to tell 14% of the people to shut the f up.
perfect example:
Child molesters have rights too. they paid their debt to society now quit whining that he wants to live next door to you!

Dr. Eagle
03-05-2005, 06:29 PM
The bad news... the country IS going to crap... we must resist the dark side of the force (liberalism)... :burningm:

Sweet Addiction
03-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Our country is going to crap! It is not politicaly correct to tell 14% of the people to shut the f up.
perfect example:
Child molesters have rights too. they paid their debt to society now quit whining that he wants to live next door to you!
You know your right, everyone has a right, if they pay their debt to society. But when they start wanting to change the morlas that our country is founded on then they need to go live some where else.

Sweet Addiction
03-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Do you think this thread belongs in the political section? :D

Dr. Eagle
03-05-2005, 06:34 PM
the morlas
Weren't the MORLAS the bad guys in H.G. Wells story The Time Machine? :D

Sweet Addiction
03-05-2005, 06:36 PM
lol, I'm off to the beer store. :D

Dr. Eagle
03-05-2005, 06:38 PM
lol, I'm off to the beer store. :D
Crack one open for the ol Doc... ;)

uvindex
03-05-2005, 07:39 PM
The part about "under God" wasn't added to the pledge until 1954. As some of you are bashing people whose religious beliefs don't 100% match your own, please don't forget that the whole reason the pilgrims came to this continent was to escape religious persecution. Also, please don't forget that our precious constitution and laws give us the freedom to believe as we wish.
Happy boating!