PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Really Worth??

HocusPocus
03-05-2005, 06:04 PM
i have been looking at boats on various online sources and comparing them to the NADA and BUC values. im sure its no surprise that the books themselves vary in pricing and normally fall short of what the owner is asking for the boat. is there a better place to get more accurate values or is it just a matter of deciding on what your willing to pay for a specific boat??

Dribble
03-05-2005, 06:11 PM
When I bought my first boat, I think I looked at about 100 of them. I knew I got a good boat at a fair price. But I had to really pound the pavement to do it. At the time the $5500.00 I spent on it didn't come real easy. By the way, welcome to the boards

Kilrtoy
03-05-2005, 06:18 PM
tell us what you are looking at and that way you can get a response on what the people think is fair.
Some people are just plain carzy the price they are asking for their boats.
LOOK on here and you will see a few of them

SHOTKALLIN
03-05-2005, 06:35 PM
tell us what you are looking at and that way you can get a response on what the people think is fair.
Some people are just plain carzy the price they are asking for their boats.
LOOK on here and you will see a few of them
This is coming from a guy who bought a brand new DCB with twins :D

Kilrtoy
03-05-2005, 06:39 PM
This is coming from a guy who bought a brand new DCB with twins :D
yes it is, But Remember I sold my boat in two days, I listed it at a very fair price. I see some people on here trying to sell their boats for 9 months and still no luck.
EVER WONDER WHY...... :sleeping:
And I got a great price on my very nice new boat also....

HocusPocus
03-05-2005, 07:31 PM
thanks for the replies and the welcome.
i am willing to spend as much 20k for a used but not abused boat. 95 or newer and i prefer an open bow because we have 4 kids. 21-25' and the ability to run at least in the 60's and maybe even into the 70's. i have been thru the boattraders and various places like the boat brokers in LHC.
example i have found: this boat (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/0/78148900.htm) for which the nada book shows it going between 16-20k. so this one was pretty close over all.
then i find this boat (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/2/78225762.htm) owner is asking for 20k but nada shows it going between 11 and just under 14k.
twice i have called people about their boats and mentioned the nada book about pricing.. and each one said that the nada book is notorious for being too low. i guess im like everyone else and i just want to get the most bang for my buck. :)

ahhell
03-05-2005, 07:41 PM
the boat you have posted is sweet,....but trying to get it quiet enuf for the river with the above transom exhaust could be a little expensive!!!Bar tender yoooooo

jdogginla
03-05-2005, 07:42 PM
yes it is, But Remember I sold my boat in two days, I listed it at a very fair price. I see some people on here trying to sell their boats for 9 months and still no luck.
EVER WONDER WHY...... :sleeping:
And I got a great price on my very nice new boat also....
The key word in that entire sentence is VERY NICE :hammer2:

HocusPocus
03-05-2005, 07:45 PM
the boat you have posted is sweet,....but trying to get it quiet enuf for the river with the above transom exhaust could be a little expensive!!!Bar tender yoooooo
thats something else im wondering about.. because of the new noise law.. i haven't priced the necessary hardware i would need for that partictular boat. i do most all my boating at LHC and go there for 1 week out of every month as soon as the weather warms up.

ahhell
03-05-2005, 07:48 PM
I have a 21 ft 454 jet, below water exhaust and im looking at 500+ to make it quiet enuf for Moabi....kill the tree hugger, save a vacation

Kilrtoy
03-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Both those boats are way over priced and especially the one with the over the top BASSET looking headers. That boat will not be aloud to launch anywhere.......
hey ARTV on the boards has a 94 Ultra asking 15k or best offer. Give him a look....

thesunking
03-05-2005, 07:51 PM
thanks for the replies and the welcome.
i am willing to spend as much 20k for a used but not abused boat. 95 or newer and i prefer an open bow because we have 4 kids. 21-25' and the ability to run at least in the 60's and maybe even into the 70's. i have been thru the boattraders and various places like the boat brokers in LHC.
example i have found: this boat (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/0/78148900.htm) for which the nada book shows it going between 16-20k. so this one was pretty close over all.
then i find this boat (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/2/78225762.htm) owner is asking for 20k but nada shows it going between 11 and just under 14k.
twice i have called people about their boats and mentioned the nada book about pricing.. and each one said that the nada book is notorious for being too low. i guess im like everyone else and i just want to get the most bang for my buck. :)
Hi HP,
I was also looking at that price range and in particular at a Ultra, Custom and so on...... I just about looked at every classified ad on the net and finally after 5 months ended up with a typical entry level boat that cost me 12 grand. The previous original owner was making room considering he has a Hallet and a Schiada. I took his 01' Larson considering it was well maintained (low hours) and not weather exposed. Check out Inland boats and I'm sure you'll walk away disgusted on how people can let their boats rot away. I found this site after the fact and I'm sure I'll be selling by the end of the season to upgrade or possibly even divorced! J/K

HocusPocus
03-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi HP,
I was also looking at that price range and in particular at a Ultra, Custom and so on...... I just about looked at every classified ad on the net and finally after 5 months ended up with a typical entry level boat that cost me 12 grand. The previous original owner was making room considering he has a Hallet and a Schiada. I took his 01' Larson considering it was well maintained (low hours) and not weather exposed. Check out Inland boats and I'm sure you'll walk away disgusted on how people can let their boats rot away. I found this site after the fact and I'm sure I'll be selling by the end of the season to upgrade or possibly even divorced!
i have been to the inland boats website.. they do have a large selection. i know what you mean by the ones who don't take care of their stuff. i had a neighbor who bought a new boat, used it a few times then let it sit uncovered in his back yard in the high desert where i live. it was completly rotted out before he decided to sell it.. then wanted top dollar for it. unreal.

dean51267
03-05-2005, 08:16 PM
You can buy off e-bay for 1/3 off NADA/BUC values. I watched this for two years before buying mine, the market affords a 1/3 risk premium if you have t otouch it before you pay for it.