PDA

View Full Version : The story of the Ferrari and the telephone pole

SummitKarl
04-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Ferrari hits pole at over 200 mph and.......
The man only had some bruising (seat belt) and 2 small cuts.
1. car loss?
=3 million dollars!
2. waiting list for a new one?
= 2 years
3.when can I drive Dad's car again?
= not in my lifetime
4.when will I not be grounded &
see the light of day again?
=same day the polar ice caps melt
5.still alive?
....Priceless
Only in California. Car only had 9 miles on it !
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734fcrash1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734fcrash2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734fcrash3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734fcrash4.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734fcrash5.jpg

GHT
04-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Isn't that the one that was racing the Benz? I thought I heard the car may have been here illegally. I believe there was quite a story behind the whole car... Although it is quite amazing anyone would walk away from a 200 mph car crash... Especially in a "non-racing" legal street driver (I know it's not your normal street driver).

GHT
04-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Is this a different one than the Swedish mafia guy that ripped his in half a couple months ago?
Negitive... Looks like the same photos...

SummitKarl
04-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Is this a different one than the Swedish mafia guy that ripped his in half a couple months ago?
I think it's the same one..."WarlockJohn" :D :D j/k

SummitKarl
04-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Alright, ChevyKarl. ;)
OH .... just stab me will ya...... :cry:

RiverToysJas
04-23-2006, 03:28 PM
He was driving it like he stole it! .......oh wait, he did steal it! :crossx:
RTJas :D

BajaMike
04-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Same one...he's in jail now.
:rollside:

PBOCOP
04-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Yea he's a dirt bag. He lived in Sweden before too and the cops there said he was a dirt bag thief. Now he was here after stealing that car and a few others and having them shipped here. He's scum, scam artist, probably ripped alot of people off in his area too, pyramid shit. Inside info says they have a ton of shit building on him, outside of what he has already been charged with.

YeLLowBoaT
04-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Yea he's a dirt bag. He lived in Sweden before too and the cops there said he was a dirt bag thief. Now he was here after stealing that car and a few others and having them shipped here. He's scum, scam artist, probably ripped alot of people off in his area too, pyramid shit. Inside info says they have a ton of shit building on him, outside of what he has already been charged with.
we should get a rope .... just for wrecking the enzo....

uvindex
04-23-2006, 03:55 PM
The latest...
Man's arrest in Ferrari case no surprise to Swedish police
By Mattias Karen, Associated Press
STOCKHOLM, Sweden - News that Swedish businessman Stefan Eriksson is facing charges ranging from embezzlement to grand theft after the crash of a rare Ferrari on a California highway came as no surprise to police back home.
It was Eriksson's extravagant lifestyle and penchant for fast cars that drew the attention of the Swedish justice system, which put him behind bars for 5 years for assaults, threats and extortion.
"He made about the same mistake he's made now: nice cars and big boats," said one detective who investigated Eriksson in his home town of Uppsala in the 1990s. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he feared retaliation from Eriksson's former crime partners.
Known in Sweden as "Tjock-Steffe," which roughly translates to "Fat Steve," Eriksson now faces embezzlement, grand theft, drunken driving and weapons charges in Los Angeles following the Feb. 21 crash of a million-dollar Ferrari Enzo one of only 400 made.
Prosecutors say he brought two Enzos and a Mercedes McLaren SLR altogether worth an estimated $3.8 million into the United States even though he had only leased them from British financial institutions.
Eriksson, 44, has pleaded not guilty to felony counts of embezzlement, grand theft and possession of a gun by a felon. He also pleaded not guilty to two misdemeanor counts of drunken driving. Bail was set at $5.5 million.
In the early 1990s, police in Uppsala identified Eriksson as a leading figure in a crime gang involved in a counterfeiting scheme. Dubbed the "Uppsala Mafia" by the Swedish press, Eriksson's gang members were also known as enforcers and debt collectors in the Swedish underworld, said Lars Nylen, a former chief of police in Uppsala.
"By American standards, they were no mafia," Nylen said. "There was nothing Cosa Nostra about them. They were a group of guys who liked cars and boats, and who got the money for it through debt collections."
In 1993, court documents show, Eriksson and a partner broke into a man's home, smashed his apartment and punched him repeatedly in the face. Prosecutors said Eriksson then held a kitchen knife to the man's throat and threatened to cut off his fingers, and finally shoved a gun into the man's mouth.
Nylen said Eriksson and his cohorts were suspected of a lot more crimes than they were convicted of.
"The hard part was finding people who dared to testify against them," he said.
Eriksson was convicted and sentenced to prison in 1993. He re-entered the Swedish media spotlight last year when tabloid Aftonbladet revealed he and two convicted crime partners had been given top executive positions with European videogame company Gizmondo.
The three pocketed millions of dollars in salaries, even though the company never managed to show a profit, the newspaper said. They resigned shortly after the reports, and Gizmondo eventually filed for bankruptcy.

MagicMtnDan
04-23-2006, 04:08 PM
It wasn't a 200 MPH crash.
It wasn't a $3 million Ferrari.
There's no 3-year wait for another one. There are no more available (not new). Only used (OK, pre-owned) are available at more than the original price.
Other than those items your story is correct. :rolleyes:

GHT
04-23-2006, 04:31 PM
There's no 3-year wait for another one. There are no more available (not new). Only used (OK, pre-owned) are available at more than the original price.
Knowing you MMD it was probably a 199 mph crash.... :rolleyes: Can't you just let everyone exaggerate for a while? You should try it some time it's fun...

tcook33
04-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Wasn't it 160?
And aren't those cars worth 750K - 1 mil?

RiverDave
04-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Everybody keeps talking about the cars "safety" but does anyone else think he just got lucky and hit the telephone pole directly behind the passenger compartment effectively ripping the car in half? If the telephone pole had hit a foot or two forward I don't think that guy would be in jail right now, he'd be in the morgue.
RD

SummitKarl
04-23-2006, 07:01 PM
maybe I need to add a disclaimer for MMD. :rolleyes:
it was a e-mail sent to me...I just copied it to a post. thought someone might enjoy the pics
I think the jist of the joke was a ref. to the Master Card commercials :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
04-23-2006, 07:04 PM
...he'd be in the morgue.
I hear that if you wreck an Enzo...you go straight to hell. Do not pass "go"...do not collect $200.