PDA

View Full Version : Transformation has begun

Not So Fast
03-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Funny how quickly things start changing in Havasu. We went down to the channel yesterday and spring breakers were walking around in bathing suits (gotta love their attitude, pretty damn cold out but it's spring break) and the motor homes are leaving with the snowbirds in'em. Good ridence, I know I'm a lot closer to the birds in age but I feel like the youngsters, well up till 9 pm anyway!! NSF :2purples: Right now it's black as hell and thunder & lighting & rain

LUVNLIFE
03-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Damn Bob you stay up later than me. I'm an 8 o clocker. Did Tom pick his boat up this weekend and did you check it out? :cool:

OutCole'd
03-06-2005, 07:18 PM
I feel like the youngsters, well up till 9 pm anyway!! NSF :2purples:
LMAO. Aint that the truth.

bigkatboat
03-06-2005, 07:25 PM
I have great respect for those who came (and worked hard) before us (some don't deserve it), but I still wish to thank them for this country. But you are correct, we moved here (from everywhere) because we thought (hoped) that we were still 'spring breakers' at heart. Well I am (at heart), even if my 'spring is broke'. The only problem I have is that every time I look at my A.A.R.P. card, it says to me "take off the Lifeline jacket and sit down old man". Guess I'll just "sit down" in the channel, and enjoy the fact that WE ALL (18 to 81) can enjoy it. I think the "snow birds" went to another place this winter, and the "rain birds" came here! "So many snow birds, so little freezer space".

looky_lou
03-06-2005, 10:41 PM
The season is almost upon us. I am ready. :cool:

Not So Fast
03-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Cale: I used to be an 8:30 to bed guy until I retired, now I'm a 9:00 guy WHOOHAA! Tom got his boat on Sat. and it is very purty and well done as most DCB's are. I'll E-mail you some pic's, I'm not smart enough to post here!! NSF :sleeping:

waterdog
03-07-2005, 07:37 AM
This is our first time post. Arrived Havasu in July from SoCal. Been coming here or lower river for years Looking forward to spending more time in the channel and people watching. Even though I'm now retired we have skiied throughout the winter. Looking forward to meeting more folks with the same interest. Always need a third person for skiing if anyone is interested.