PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Hero

Tyson Ross
03-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Wade Twyman, an ex La Paz County Sheriff Deputy, died in Iraq last Friday. I was fortunate to have met him while I worked as a dispatcher for the department. He quit the LPCSO and enlisted in the Army apprx. 2 years ago.
Wade was a very liked individual who was fun to be around. He will surely be missed by his family and friends.

bunny 166
03-07-2005, 08:28 AM
:frown: I'm sorry you lost your friend...he'll always be a hero! ;)

THATJEFFGUY
03-07-2005, 08:32 AM
It really sucks to hear stories like this so close to home !
But at the same time, I let my 17 year old stepson read this kinda stuff to hopefully open his eyes. Just outta the blue, he's wanting to join the Marines and now some damn Marine recruiter has his filled his head full of BS. He wants to go into law enforcement and already has a foot in the door (a sheriff explorer for 2.5 years, plus my higher up LE connections), but this recruiter says joining the Marines will enable him to move up the ranks faster..BS ! What do you guys think ?
Tyson..I got off on another subject, sorry to hijack your thread. RIP to the LPCSO Deputy.

TheLurker
03-07-2005, 08:34 AM
He sounds like quite a guy who earned respect. Giving up his job
here to enlist in the army to protect our country.
He is a hero.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Havasu Cig
03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Wade Twyman, an ex La Paz County Sheriff Deputy, died in Iraq last Friday. I was fortunate to have met him while I worked as a dispatcher for the department. He quit the LPCSO and enlisted in the Army apprx. 2 years ago.
Wade was a very liked individual who was fun to be around. He will surely be missed by his family and friends.
Holy $hit....I knew wade very well. He was an explorer with the San Diego Sheriff's department for years and he used to ride with me all the time when I worked there. his brother is a Deputy in Vista. I saw him before he shipped off to Iraq and he was happy. :frown:

LHC30Victory
03-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Sorry to hear that he is gone. I didn't know him but send thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Time like this give pause to remember that our (often taken for granted) freedom is not free! There are many parts to maintaining freedom and democracy, we must hold up our part to honor those who sacrafice.

Boatcop
03-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Wade worked on the River for me for his last year or so on the Department. So there is a link to our boating community.
When the services are set, I'll be going out and have also contacted a friend at the Oceanside CHP Station so we will have a strong LE turn out.
http://www.boatcop.com/CLBadge2mrn.jpg

looky_lou
03-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Sorry to hear about that. :(
He will always be a hero to all of America. :)

Havasu Cig
03-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Here is what I found on a news website... I was told the funeral is next week.
Spc. Wade Michael Twyman 27
1st Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division
Vista, California Killed when an improvised explosive device detonated near his patrol in Ramadi, Iraq, on March 4, 2005

Debbolas
03-08-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, his family will be in my prayers......Deb

MsDrmr
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
It's unfortunate that so many people have to loose their lives to keep us free, I am so very sorry for the loss of a wonderful man, sounds like his legacy will go on forever.

Boatcop
03-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Wade Michael Twyman (http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050309/news_7m9army.html)
"It wasn't how they died that made them heros.
It was how they lived."