PDA

View Full Version : Need Bimini Shipped?

Havasu Cig
03-07-2005, 05:56 PM
I need to ship a Bimini Top from San Diego to Maryland and I am having no luck with the traditional shipping companies (UPS ect...). Anybody know of a shipping company that can do it that won't require that it fit in a box?

Quality Time
03-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I had to ship my platform back to extreme once. Used a company I found in the phone book. Sory, don't have that boat or the paper work anymore. They were in either Irvine or Costa Mesa. Good luck.

jbtrailerjim
03-07-2005, 06:29 PM
You might try someone like Yellow Transportation (http://www.myyellow.com/dynamic/services/content/index.jsp). They will ship it without it being in a box. But you better shrink wrap or wrap it in cardboard really good. The common freight carriers are not always real gentle with the freight.

Havasu Cig
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks, I will give them a try.

coolchange
03-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Try Forward Air (ground) kind of expensive.
Central Transport. A lot cheaper. You'll have to take it to their dock.
Check with Greyhound. Most people don't know that they ship stuff also and are pretty cheap if they go where you need. I've used all of these Ebaying.
All info is online.

bgchuby01
03-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Cris there is an company called Overnite Express that runs coast to coast. I don't have a number but they should be on the internet or somewhere.

Mandelon
03-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Some Ideas:
Make a box.
Or a crate.
Can you disassemble it?
Fax it. :hammerhea
Some guy shipped himself on TV, in a crate. Saw it on Max X.

Rocky
03-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Take it to a Airline. Wrap it up the best you can and take it to there cargo office. I had one come through the other day. (America West)

THATJEFFGUY
03-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I need to ship a Bimini Top from San Diego to Maryland and I am having no luck with the traditional shipping companies (UPS ect...). Anybody know of a shipping company that can do it that won't require that it fit in a box?
Just throw it in the back of my Suburban, I'll take it for ya @ .37/mile...deal ?