PDA

View Full Version : Prop mounting

phebus
03-08-2005, 07:58 AM
I just purchased a solid hub Bravo 1 prop, and it is replacing a Bravo 1 prop with a flo torque hub.
The solid hub prop came with- one thick washer, one conical washer, one thin washer, and a prop nut.
Do I have everything I need to mount it, and what order do things go together.
I would think the thick washer would be the thrust washer, but it looks like the ID is too small. The thrust washer from the Flo Torque hub is a shouldered type washer, but the thick washer I got with the solid hub is just flat.
If someone knows a diagram I could refer to, or explain the way to mount it, I would appreciate it.
The boat is in Havasu, and I want to be able to go out there and mount it without tracking down parts, or from dying from blood loss from scratching my head too much trying to figure it out.
This is on a Bravo XZ drive.
Thanks

Flying Tiger
03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
This might help:
(Bravo)
http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Install/gas/86017200.pdf
Scroll up to the Table of Contents then:
Click:
Propeller installation,
Then scroll to page 87 where it starts with an excellent exploded view on all Bravos prop assy.
It's adobe do I can't right click and post.
You may want to bookmark the above links, They hold little golden nuggets of stuff you'd need sooner or later, especially electrical & fuel systems.

phebus
03-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks, but I couldn't navigate through that site to find the mounting of a solid hub prop.
I have the manual that came with the boat, but it only shows the mounting of a flo torque hub prop.

Flying Tiger
03-08-2005, 08:41 AM
In that case call the prop maker, perhaps they'll send you a cut sheet with the order of parts assembly.

mtndewdrops
03-08-2005, 08:45 AM
This might help:
(Bravo)
http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Install/gas/86017200.pdf
Click:
Propeller installation,
Then scroll to page 87 where it starts with an excellent exploded view on all bravos
It's adobe do I can't right click and post.
You may want to bookmark the above links, They hold little golden nuggets of stuff you'd need sooner or later, especially electrical & fuel systems.
FT, Thanks for the link, that is a great resource. :cool:

Flying Tiger
03-08-2005, 09:11 AM
You bet MtnDewDps.
It's a treasure chest of info.

phebus
03-08-2005, 10:01 AM
This is the only diagram of a solid hub prop I could find searching the net.
It looks like the three washers mount on the outside of the prop on the nut side, and that there is no thrust washer.
I would just like someone to confirm the proper mounting so I don't screw something up.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/175308.png

4-B
03-08-2005, 10:38 AM
What do you expect the difference to be between the solid hub and the flo torque hub. Performance, reliability ??? This isn't going to mean your faster than me... does it. :notam:

phebus
03-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Picked up a labbed 24P that has a solid hub. Expect a little better performance during the warmer months when my rpm's drop due to the heat.