PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio

4DAY4PLAY
03-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Anyone use satellite radio in thier boats? Recently bought a new vehicle and got 3 free months of XM, and my renewal is up. The stereo in my boat is XM ready....is thier something that plugs into it to recieve the service? Also, hows the reception at havasu? XM is getting ready to raise thier prices from $9 to $12 a month starting 4/2, so im thinking of locking in a contract now....Thansk for your help.

boxscore
03-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Anyone use satellite radio in thier boats? Recently bought a new vehicle and got 3 free months of XM, and my renewal is up. The stereo in my boat is XM ready....is thier something that plugs into it to recieve the service? Also, hows the reception at havasu? XM is getting ready to raise thier prices from $9 to $12 a month starting 4/2, so im thinking of locking in a contract now....Thansk for your help.
XM in the boat is a must. We got to the point where we'd leave the CD case in the truck. XM really has some quality stations.

JetBoatRich
03-08-2005, 08:29 AM
I have XM with a portable unit, car kit, etc :cool: works great everywhere so far :cool: The variety is good for everyone with plans to add more.

Parker Dreamin
03-08-2005, 08:32 AM
XM in both cars and in the boat... A must have. Yes, the price on the primary unit is going up to match Sirus..... BUT you get free online XM now... if that matters.

prosthogod
03-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Irecently purchased the xm myfy portable unit. I think it is great. The nice thing with it is you can record 5 hrs of music on it just incase you can't get a signal. It also has 5 hrs of battery life so it doesn't need to be plugged in all the time.

Flying Tiger
03-08-2005, 08:58 AM
We have XM on our boat.
The kids love it.
They figured a way to program out my stations,, just their stations come through..
Oh well,,
XM just raised their prices to I think $12.95/mo,, but they offered me $9.95 if I pay by the year in advance. XM is 100% commercial free.
It's rumored when Stearn hits Sirrus, he'll have long commercial breaks to justify the $55 mil they're paying him.

UnionJack
03-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I got the same price increase, but I will renew for the year. I wish sirius was in my boat I like it alot more, but whatever

Flying Tiger
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
As long as a fat chick doesn't sit on your antenna, you'll have perfect reception. You really couldn't ask for a better satellite reception enviroment than sitting in the middle of a body of water with an unobstructed view to the sky.
If you have a waketower, try to mount it on top.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812Parker_July__04_049-med.jpg
"No one over 19 should be allowed to select the tunes on our boat"
"Shut it Ross. Fat chicks are great, they invented the blowjob"- Danny Badblown Badboy