PDA

View Full Version : Hookup or good deal on IPOD?

Nubbs
03-08-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm looking to get an IPOD. Does anybody have a hookup or know where to get the best deal?
Thanks
Nubbs

ROZ
03-08-2005, 10:03 AM
There's almost 0 profit in Apple Ipods...The only discounts that apple gives are to educational institutions. You can get a good price at a UC or Cal state campus bookstore...
Like Dilgaf said, b stock is a viable option....
New models are on the way....

riverbound
03-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Like Roz said there is NO money in them. But some places will deal on the aceesroies. I went to buy one at cost and laughed at how little money is in them. Apple is making a killing though.

Nubbs
03-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info. I found the ipod mini at costco for $200. I might go for that.

ChumpChange
03-08-2005, 12:01 PM
There's almost 0 profit in Apple Ipods...The only discounts that apple gives are to educational institutions. You can get a good price at a UC or Cal state campus bookstore...
Like Dilgaf said, b stock is a viable option....
New models are on the way....
Exactly. My buddy is the purchasing manager at the APU computer store. The mini 4meg is $175 plus tax there. About $193 out the door. The 8meg is $225.
I think they're meg or gig or who knows. I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about. It's either 4 or 8 something.

Raisin Wake
03-08-2005, 12:27 PM
You can always try and get a free one at here.... (http://www.freeipod.com)

HOOTER SLED-
03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I found the ipod mini at costco for $200. I might go for that.
The mini is only 5 gigs. I bought the Creative Zen for the same price. It is 30 gigs.

HOOTER SLED-
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
I thought you would be making an appearance in here....lol
Just trying to inform a brutha!! Lot of options out there. Not just ipod. :D

HOOTER SLED-
03-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey Tom. Did you see the cool ass billet holder for the ipod at the Ron's booth at the boat show??? If not, you need to get one for the boat. I told them they needed to make one for the Creative. :D

BiggusJimbus
03-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Too bad the Zen softwre is crap. It'd be a nice piece if the software wasn't so horrible.
But, it works well enough. I enjoy mine.

phebus
03-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I looked for deals a while back, and there were none to be found.
They just changed some models, and prices. The mini 4 gig is now 199.-(dropped from 250-), and they now have a 6 gig mini for 250.-. The 20 gig is 299.-, and they now have a 30gig, and 40 gig, and I believe a 60 gig.
I'm glad they didn't just drop the price on the 20 gig like theydid the price on the 4 gig mini, or I would be upset since I just recently bought one.

dirtman
03-08-2005, 05:42 PM
About 8000 more gallons of fuel and I'll be able to get one with airmiles!! :confused:

HOOTER SLED-
03-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Too bad the Zen softwre is crap. It'd be a nice piece if the software wasn't so horrible.
But, it works well enough. I enjoy mine.
I actually like the software. It's easy to use. My buddy had problems with his too. Maybe it's your computer. I never had probs.

voodoomedman
03-08-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm looking to get an IPOD. Does anybody have a hookup or know where to get the best deal?
Thanks
Nubbs
My advice buy it from a store at full pop. You can go to apples website and go through the educational link and say you go to xyz school and get a discount. I did this for my first one and saved like 50 bucks overall with all the accessories I bought. problem is after having it for two months the screen started bleeding and now you can't see anything on it but the blue crap that has leaked everywhere. It still works you just can't utilize the screen. So anywho apple does not want to fix it. They say I dropped it and that they don't just go bad. Being a computer technician I tell them that that couldn't be farther from the truth... Anyhow I end up buying a new one so instead of saving 50 bucks I actually spent and extra 250 or so. I guess at least I have a pretty looking one that I can do everything and one that still plays music and I can go running and stuff with it and not worry about breaking the screen.