PDA

View Full Version : Just bought me some Shade

carbonmarine
03-08-2005, 09:29 AM
..... Cant wait to kick it in the channel with tunes a blast'in and Summerlove bringing OG & I our Cold bullets !!!.... Hey Summer ! , need another ya commie bastard !!!! ( lol )
http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/catalog/images/items/ashade1.jpg

JB in so cal
03-08-2005, 09:32 AM
I been thinking of doing that for the bow area on my boat rather than another bimini; where'd you order it? Cost?

Phat Matt
03-08-2005, 09:41 AM
I picked up one of those last year and they work great. I didn't want a bimini. The Anchor Shade model is $200, but I found one made by Smith (motorcycle racing) for $100 at Boaters World in Vegas. I had ordered the Anchor Shade one online so I sold that to my friend and picked up the Smith one. I did have to buy some different connectors for the Smith one though.

carbonmarine
03-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Which one do you like best ?? Smith or Taylor made ??
As to where you can find the Taylor Anchor Shade... Do a Google search for "Anchor Shade" and shop it because I have seen pricing for $188.00 up to $239.00.....
Rick32
I think Boat OEM's should talk to these companies ( Smith / Taylor ) and be able to order with the Mfr logo's on it .... Everyone would automatically purchase one with the boat ... just more upside..

Dave C
03-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Hows it going Carbon!. :D
I got one of those too. Works great, especially if your parked for a long time in one spot. They are great for "part-time" shade.
I don't like Bimini's either.
If you want full time shade or want to drive around with shade get a Bimini.

Phat Matt
03-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Which one do you like best ?? Smith or Taylor made ??
As to where you can find the Taylor Anchor Shade... Do a Google search for "Anchor Shade" and shop it because I have seen pricing for $188.00 up to $239.00.....
Rick32
I think Boat OEM's should talk to these companies ( Smith / Taylor ) and be able to order with the Mfr logo's on it .... Everyone would automatically purchase one with the boat ... just more upside..
I liked them both, but the Smith at half price and no logos was better.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Park_Moabi_June_2004_030-med.jpg

PowellScooter
03-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Anchor shade has the worst cust svc on the planet !!! Brand new shade and one of the kids bent one of the arms, called and asked to have it repaired, on my nickel... Thay flat turned me down !! said sorry youll have to buy a new one we dont do repairs... Now I tell everyone what a POS cust svc dept they have :lightsabe

OGShocker
03-08-2005, 12:02 PM
..... Cant wait to kick it in the channel with tunes a blast'in and Summerlove bringing OG & I our Cold bullets !!!.... Hey Summer ! , need another ya commie bastard !!!! ( lol )
http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/catalog/images/items/ashade1.jpg
Does this lesson the db's from your exhaust? :notam:
Can't wait brother! SL has some SeRiOuS payments to make!

Quality Time
03-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Got mine from lostbwanna.com or something like that. Less than $70.00 at the time.

UnionJack
03-08-2005, 12:51 PM
I have the same.... It's great

Quality Time
03-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Just checked lostbwana.com $69.95 :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
For those of you that went this way as oppsoed to a bimini, was it just the look fo the bimini while up that swayed you or? Just curious as we use our bimini all the time.

Quality Time
03-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Don't mind the looks. My previous boats had biminis. Just didn't want one on the current rig. I do more local boating where the heat isn't as intense, but for those times I hit the CR lakes, the shade I have is a quick and inexpensive alternative to having a bimini and related hardware on the boat. I don't like to run with a bimini up anyway.

dirty old man
03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
bet I can go faster w/my bimini up than you can

Quality Time
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
That's nice to know and Thanks ever so much for your insightful input. :notam:

Phat Matt
03-08-2005, 05:00 PM
For those of you that went this way as oppsoed to a bimini, was it just the look fo the bimini while up that swayed you or? Just curious as we use our bimini all the time.
I just don't think they look to cool. So I didn't get one. But the little lady wanted one so we met in the middle.