PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Sam Kinison?

Flying Tiger
03-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Kinison had one of the best segments of any comedians stage act ever.
He'd bring a guy from the audience up on stage that had his heart crushed by a chick recently.
The guy would tell his story with Kinison embelishing it.
Then, hot babes would bring the phone on stage, and it was connected to the theaters sound system.
Kinison would then call the chick on the phone and go off on her with the whole audience listening in.
Never have seen anyone top that gig.
Worth the price of admission just for that segment.
Then someone like Clapton, or Van Halen would come on stage and they'd jam together.

SoCal_fun
03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
I recall listening to him on the Stern show. He was always soooooo hammered. Funny as hell though. It was sad when he dies in that crash that wasn't his fault.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Yea, I remember Sam.

Debbolas
03-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I miss Sam......he was sooooo funny.....didn't he die on some river road?

Outnumbered
03-08-2005, 04:20 PM
We were at Reflections in Havazoo the night he was killed. Put a major buzz-kill on the night. Guy was f'n funny.
OL

PowellScooter
03-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I was involved with local radio in the late 80s and Sam did a couple of shows that we promoted. I remember the after show party from night 1 was over the top, lots of drinks and blow, never saw Sam do any tho, night 2 was mildly wild more mellow but still memorable

Tom Brown
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I was a big fan too. He was pretty course but there was humor behind the vulgarity.

Debbolas
03-08-2005, 04:30 PM
I liked his screaming....................
(Tom you are 5 away from 7777, go buy a lottery ticket!) :D :cool:

HighRoller
03-08-2005, 04:40 PM
He died on his way to Laughlin to do a show there. The best segment I ever saw was on his video with Rodney Dangerfield when he went off on the starving people. "Don't send em food, don't send em money...SEND EM A F-ING UHAUL SO THEY CAN MOVE THEIR KIDS AND THEIR SHT SOMEWHERE ELSE! YOU LIVE IN A F-ING DESERT!!!OH..OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Kilrtoy
03-08-2005, 04:49 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHh
Who was that again

JustMVG
03-08-2005, 04:51 PM
I liked the bit where he couldn't go out with the guys 'cause his wife had his dick in her hands, "Nope she's not buyin it, hold on, honey evrybody else is bringing there's..... No... okay.... guys if you see me KILL ME KILL ME NOW I'm IN HE** AHHHH AHHH AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Miss him!!!!
MikeVG

Moneypitt
03-08-2005, 04:59 PM
How about the bit about the Betty Ford drug rehab clinic, "10 grand, 10 grand for the drug rehab program.....................IF YOU'VE GOT 10 GRAND, YOU DON'T HAVE A DRUG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!".....He is certainly missed, one of a kind..........RIP...................MP

spectratoad
03-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah he was pretty damn funny. I liked his sick but funny humor. Didn't he hook up with miss 80's hottie Tawny Kitain????

purrfecttremor
03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
he was on some of the best howard stern shows ever.i remember watching his shows with friends laughing and trying to get as hammered as him. i miss him :cry:

76BARRON
03-08-2005, 05:22 PM
I saw his last show the week or so before he died in Upland at the Grove Theater. He is still one of my favorites. It's to bad he's not around because with all the things that have gone in this contry since then like Clinton, OJ Simpson, Grey Davis,M Jackson and god only know's how many others. I think
with that much material out there ,SAM would just EXPLODE !
Not that he didn't get close to EXPLODING before! :D
WE F-CKING MISS YOU SAM...AH..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Now what ever became of that POS that hit him?
I hope Sammy haunts that Dumb Fock
AH...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

racecar.hotshoe
03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
He died on 95 he was hit by some 17 year old kid in a mini truck going to a truck run!I used to haul fly ash out of laughlin to fontana.We got there just after the crash.It wasnt pretty.People that got there before before us said he got out of the car and walk around the car and said why me Lord and that was all.And he was done! :(

racecar.hotshoe
03-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Comedian Sam Kinison killed in highway crash
The former preacher had just started living a 'clean life' when he collided with teens who were drinking and driving.
Los Angeles Times News Service
NEEDLES, Calif. -- They were the kind of kids to whom comedian Sam Kinison's bellowing stage persona often was said to appeal -- two young men, in their late teens, drinking and driving fast on a Friday night.
The cab of their Chevrolet pickup was littered with beer cans as they tore down U.S. highway 95, swerving into oncoming traffic near the California-Nevada border. Moments after hitting Kinison's Pontiac Trans-Am head-on, fatally injuring the comedian and knocking his new wife unconscious, one of the teenagers said: "God! Look at my truck!"
On Saturday, Kinison's friends said they could not believe how he had died. The 38-year-old comedian, who made his reputation as a hard-drinking, loud-mouthed wild man, had just returned from his Hawaii honeymoon with Malika, 26, the Las Vegas dancer he had married a week ago Sunday. He was settling down, friends said, sobering up and trying to "come into the mainstream." When he died, he was on his way to a sold-out show in Laughlin, Nev.
"I can't accept it," comedian Richard Belzer, an old friend said of Kinison's death. "Especially the fact that he was not doing anything wrong. He was going to a job. His wife was in the car. It wasn't a drug overdose. I wasn't self-indulgence. He was living a clean life."
Immediately after the crash about 7:30 p.m. Friday, Kinison at first appeared fine, said friends who watched the crash from a second car. With only minor cuts on his lips and forehead, he wrenched himself free of his mangled vehicle and lay down only after friends begged him to do so.
"He said, 'I don't want to die, I don't want to die,'" recounted his best friend, Carl LaBove, who held Kinison's bleeding head in his hands.
Kinison paused, as if listening to a voice that couldn't be heard, LaBove said.
"But why?" asked Kinison, a former Pentecostal preacher. It sounded, LaBove said, as if "he was having a conversation, talking to somebody else. He was talking upstairs. Then I heard him go, 'OK, OK, OK." The last "OK" was so soft and at peace... whatever voice was talking to him gave him the right answer, and he just relaxed with it. He said it so sweet, like he was talking to someone he loved."
Kinison, who police say was not wearing a seat belt, died at the scene, apparently of massive head injuries sustained when he hit the windshield. An autopsy is planned.
Authorities did not release the name of the Las Vegas teenager who was driving the pickup, but California Highway Patrol dispatcher Tine Schmitt said he was being charged with felony manslaughter.
Schmitt said the driver sustained moderate injuries while his passenger, also a juvenile, was more seriously hurt. Malika Kinison was in stable condition Saturday at the Needles Desert Community Hospital

coolchange
03-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Used to see him at comedy nights at the college. (CSUN) Buck to get in, buck fiddy beers, we used to call him Sammy the Screamer before he hit the big time.

Sanger D
03-08-2005, 06:33 PM
as much as we miss him,GOD needed him more ,what alot of people don,t understand is that he gave his heart to GOD AAALLOOOONNGG time ago,when he preached the gospel.he fell for a while and went back to him(I THINK) .SO my point being......he lived a life for the LORD then went a different direction,could of been a mistake and GOD went ahead and took him home,or was headed on a self ditruction act and man,once you live for god and then do that......Its time to go.either way ,he asked the lord into his heart at one time in his life and thats where he is now,I do miss his pholosiphy on women,you know some girl really tore that dudes heart out at one time. R.I.P SAM.

DrewDown
03-08-2005, 06:47 PM
My dad and i were floating down the river listening to the burner(radio station) when they announced he died the night before. One of those things I'll never forget.

LUVNLIFE
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I was returning early from a Truck Run out at La Paz Campground in Parker the night he was killed. :frown:
Interestingly enough, the other vehicle in the accident with him were heading to that run. :(
Forensic
Damn Forensic, Eatser Spring Splash at LaPaz. :smile: I am a veteran of many truck runs. That's where I learned to drink :D :D

slink
03-08-2005, 07:14 PM
I saw his last show the week or so before he died in Upland at the Grove Theater.
He and his family used to own that place

riverroyal
03-08-2005, 07:29 PM
saw him and Pauly Shore at the mission bay hilton maybe 15 yrs ago,,fun show,,,,man Im getting old

riverguy454
03-08-2005, 08:53 PM
I was returning early from a Truck Run out at La Paz Campground in Parker the night he was killed. :frown:
Interestingly enough, the other vehicle in the accident with him were heading to that run. :(
Forensic
i was at the same run that is where i got my first ticket

76BARRON
03-08-2005, 08:55 PM
I saw his last show the week or so before he died in Upland at the Grove Theater.
YEP! Thats the one ! A night I'll never forget! I think his whole family was there. :2purples: ah..ahhhhhhhhhhh

TheLurker
03-08-2005, 09:11 PM
My personal opinion was Sam Kinnison was one of the best comics of my time. Quite a 180° from his days as a preacher.
My favorite ones are breaking up with a girlfriend. F***EN BITCH and “If women don’t have enough things to piss us off now some of them want breast reduction!"
If the link below works there are a couple of .wav files at the bottom to remember.
http://soundamerica.com/sounds/comedy/Sam_Kinison/

ROZ
03-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Speaking of his family... His brother is an ordained minister. He married some close friends of ours.... Cool guy...
Sam was one of the funniest vulgar comedians...

C-2
03-08-2005, 10:18 PM
He died on his way to Laughlin to do a show there. The best segment I ever saw was on his video with Rodney Dangerfield when he went off on the starving people. "Don't send em food, don't send em money...SEND EM A F-ING UHAUL SO THEY CAN MOVE THEIR KIDS AND THEIR SHT SOMEWHERE ELSE! YOU LIVE IN A F-ING DESERT!!!OH..OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
Mine too!
IT'S F-ING SAND, PEOPLE DON'T LIVE IN F-KING SAND OH - OHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MagicMtnDan
03-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Sam had a bit where he wanted to help guys eat pussy better. He told guys to spell the alphabet with their tongues. A, B, C, D, E... :D :D :D

locogringo
03-08-2005, 11:48 PM
as much as we miss him,GOD needed him more ,what alot of people don,t understand is that he gave his heart to GOD AAALLOOOONNGG time ago,when he preached the gospel.he fell for a while and went back to him(I THINK) .SO my point being......he lived a life for the LORD then went a different direction,could of been a mistake and GOD went ahead and took him home,or was headed on a self ditruction act and man,once you live for god and then do that......Its time to go.either way ,he asked the lord into his heart at one time in his life and thats where he is now,I do miss his pholosiphy on women,you know some girl really tore that dudes heart out at one time. R.I.P SAM.
Huh????? :messedup:

Tom Brown
03-09-2005, 07:08 AM
...he asked the lord into his heart at one time in his life and thats where he is now...
I have the Live in Hollywood tape which features an interview segment with some old pictures and audio of Sam's preaching. His preaching wasn't as different as his stage show, presentation wise.
Sam said he was comfortable with his relationship with God and never questioned his beliefs but he wasn't entirely generous with his assessment of organized religion.
Perhaps death was just part of “tasting it all”, which Sam said he wanted to do once he left the Clergy, and somewhere out there is a highly profane twelve year old who is polishing up some material for his future stand up act. :cool:

mtndewdrops
03-09-2005, 07:58 AM
If he would have just "BUCKELED UP" this may not have happened. Celebrate everyday of your life like it is your last, but don't forget self preservation.

Her454
03-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Forensic
I was also on my way home that night/morning and came up on that wreck. Sad, very sad. He was one of my favorites.

barbigrl
03-09-2005, 08:49 AM
What year was that??

Her454
03-09-2005, 09:08 AM
He died in 1992.
June of 92 if I remember correctly....?

ratso
03-09-2005, 10:32 AM
I have two of his videos... Whenever I'm down in the dumps, I still to this day pop one of them in, and he still cracks me up. I think I have both of them memorized word for word. Sam was awesome. :D

barbigrl
03-09-2005, 10:52 AM
June of 92 if I remember correctly....?
No wonder i dont remember....I was only 13...lol..

Racer277
03-09-2005, 10:58 AM
No wonder i dont remember....I was only 13...lol..
:rolleyes:
I saw him at Universal, and loved the phone skit. Also playing the music was cool, only Dice was close, but not as good.
Loved the desert, and getting a pack of Marlboro's at the mini-mart.
"Marlboro's!!! Smokey Smokey!!! The most popular cigarettes in the world!!! I should have shot your ass back in Da Nang when I had the chance!!!"
God it was good before political correctness.
:D :D :D

Her454
03-09-2005, 11:13 AM
:rolleyes:
I saw him at Universal, and loved the phone skit. Also playing the music was cool, only Dice was close, but not as good.
Loved the desert, and getting a pack of Marlboro's at the mini-mart.
"Marlboro's!!! Smokey Smokey!!! The most popular cigarettes in the world!!! I should have shot your ass back in Da Nang when I had the chance!!!"
God it was good before political correctness.
:D :D :D
Dice was a "filth trailblazer" :) for comedians but was too much for the networks and the fallout was his demise.

Scream
03-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Sam was a genious, but his brother is (IMO) a bonehead. His brother owns the Grove theater in Upland, has been on the Upland planning commission which unfortunately gave him a way to soap box during Upland town meetings, was a roller hockey "coach" who used to cuss kids and parents out during the games, much like Sam did in his act, and cause almost riot conditions during the kids roller hockey games. He's an ass and should have changed his name long ago...
Scream

jenndon
03-09-2005, 12:19 PM
I was incharge of security for the run. I was with the highway patrol and the sheriff when they got the call. Sad day for everyone