PDA

View Full Version : OK officer...................

Kachina26
03-08-2005, 07:56 PM
How should I answer the age old question, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"? I've tried both angles, "Gee, no, why did you pull me over." and "was it because I chirped my tires?" Well, the second one was the one the cop laughed at. He felt that I ran the red light (which I didn't) and I incriminated myself on something he wasn't (and didn't) going to write me for. What answer do you really expect? What answer is best for me to give? I haven't been pulled over in 8 years, so I figure I'm due.

shadow
03-08-2005, 08:00 PM
How should I answer the age old question, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"? I've tried both angles, "Gee, no, why did you pull me over." and "was it because I chirped my tires?" Well, the second one was the one the cop laughed at. He felt that I ran the red light (which I didn't) and I incriminated myself on something he wasn't (and didn't) going to write me for. What answer do you really expect? What answer is best for me to give? I haven't been pulled over in 8 years, so I figure I'm due.
Should've kept going and threw a shocker out the window. :D

Danhercules
03-08-2005, 08:00 PM
DOnt know, but when he walks away, yell, "SEE YOU IN COURT!!" :hammer2:

ahhell
03-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I trhink the "i pay your salary" approach would be best....or ask him to hold your beer while you get your license :eat:

Debbolas
03-08-2005, 08:03 PM
no, no, no.........
ask him where the nearest donut shop is and then tell him you pay his salary..... :D

77charger
03-08-2005, 08:06 PM
tell him you know kilrtoy :idea:

Mandelon
03-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Get a badge from another precinct, keep it in your wallet so it shows when you go to take out your license then give him the old wink wink, say no more..... :wink:

Kilrtoy
03-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Get a badge from another precinct, keep it in your wallet so it shows when you go to take out your license then give him the old wink wink, say no more..... :wink:
He aint trying to get a date Mandy.... First you bend over now WINK WINK....
when are you coming out.....

Kachina26
03-09-2005, 06:01 AM
Ah yes, I knew I could depend on HB for the real answers :rolleyes:

taxman
03-09-2005, 06:13 AM
last time I was pulled over the cop asked where have you been and where are you going???? I replied I was at the bar and now I am going to jail with you sure enough I was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freak
03-09-2005, 06:19 AM
LOL now thats funny....

bigd1
03-09-2005, 06:33 AM
...Because you've got me confused with someone else.

BarryMac
03-09-2005, 07:02 AM
last time I was pulled over the cop asked where have you been and where are you going???? I replied I was at the bar and now I am going to jail with you sure enough I was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that's funny right there...

callbob4homes
03-09-2005, 07:26 AM
"because you thought I was the guy thats doing your old lady?" :sqeyes:

superdave013
03-09-2005, 07:32 AM
I never have then ask my why I think I got pulled over. They always walk up and tell me why they pulled me over (speed, rolling a stop sign or the like).
The only time I ever got out of a ticket was when I was cranking down the freeway as fast as my little truck would go. He pulled my over for speeding and asked why I was in such a hurry. I told him I was late for work but I understand that is no excuse. Then he ran my stuff, came back and told me to slow it down and have a nice day! I guess he was happy to not get some BS line fo once.

mtndewdrops
03-09-2005, 07:37 AM
A simple "NO SIR" is about all I say. I think LE likes it when a citizen shows some respect and doesn't try to offer excuses. It is just a waste of time.
This almost worked last year when I got pulled over for tinted windows. But the CHP decided to write me up anyway. :( He said he saw me rolling them down to avoid a ticket proving that I knew it was illegal. Whatever :mad:
At least he didn't write me up for some other stuff...

Dribble
03-09-2005, 08:03 AM
I learned by experience that you don't say "I'll have a cheesburger and an order of fries" when the guy walks up to the window with his ticket book out.

R.A.D.man
03-09-2005, 08:33 AM
2 years ago I received a warning for 80 in a 60 by a Texas State Trooper. I was in a restored 68 camaro and had a GPS with me. When asked why I was speeding, I said "I am trying to figure out the calibration of my speedometer with this GPS thing." he had no comment and went back to his car only to return with a warning. I could not believe it. He must of been in a real good mood.

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 05:10 PM
how about be honest, just say this...
That is impossible I was going this fast, Im driving a CHEBY

Kachina26
03-09-2005, 05:27 PM
I've always wanted to try the ol' " Hell, don't you know why you pulled me over?"

repo man
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM
''why are you giong 100mph''. ''because my foot was on the floor''

Kachina26
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM
how about be honest, just say this...
That is impossible I was going this fast, Im driving a CHEBY
Chevy truck, Chevy car, Chevy lover!!!!! 'Nuff said
:eat:

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Chevy truck, Chevy car, Chevy lover!!!!! 'Nuff said
:eat:
Not a happy chevy owner by any means......

Kachina26
03-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Not a happy chevy owner by any means......
Shoulda bought a GMC!!!! As for the 'vette, well you jerks won't ever be happy :burningm:

Havasu Hangin'
03-09-2005, 05:39 PM
How about the time I was rolling down into Needles at 5AM? Yep...there was a CHP with radar, and of course, I had detected him looooong before he detected me.
As I roll past him (at 60MPH), he pulls out and throws his lights on. :confused:
He then proceeds to write me a ticket for tinted windows (and only tinted windows).
Those guys are living on the edge, for sure.

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Shoulda bought a GMC!!!! As for the 'vette, well you jerks won't ever be happy :burningm:
Who you calling a jerk, Im an AZZHOLE, get it right

NuckinFutz
03-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Honesty is the best policy. I write far more warnings than citations (just ask my Sgt.). Attitude makes all the difference in my book. If I believe you will correct the reason I pulled you over with a warning, that's what you'll get. For those of you that say you pay my wage, I'll hand you a quarter and let you know we're now even.
The best excuse I ever heard is as follows- Late one night (about 3:00 a.m.) I stopped a car for traveling through my hometown at about 25 over the speed limit. I walked up to the car and found an elderly man driving. He was alone and I inquired if there was a reason he was in such a hurry. He said he was seeking medical attention and then began his explantation. He stated he was camped about thirty miles away in the desert when his hemroids started causing him pain. He reached over into his medicine bag and removed what he thought was some Preperation H. He had no flashlight to confirm this. He said he reached the tube to his rear and gave it a squeeze, only to realize instantly he grabbed the wrong tube. He then pulled out of his shirt pocket a tube and showed me he had applied some contact cement to his hind end. He said he had wiped most of it away, but was really wanting a second opinion from a physician on what to do next. I have to believe this was a true story, if not he has one hell of an imagination. He said the worst part of it was having to tell me and then having to tell a doctor. I tried hard to not roll on the highway laughing as I told him he needed no citation and walked away.

RUCAV
03-09-2005, 08:55 PM
I'd have to agree with the last. If I pulled you over, I feel confident enough to go to court and swear to what I saw. If I ask you if you know why I pulled you over and you say "No", its not going to be pretty. Honest people get the best deal. I dont like writing tickets but I know that when we write more tickets, traffic collisions go down. ITS A FACT! When someone lies, it just makes it easier. Why not try saying, "Yeah, I was speeding. I know you get enought sorry ass excuses everyday so I wont waste your time with another one." Just an idea. Good luck.

IN2-IN2MX
03-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Just flash him! :cool:

RitcheyRch
03-10-2005, 04:31 AM
Years ago I was pulled over for speeding and the officer as me why I was in such a hurry. I told him my girlfriend wants to get pregnant tonight and I want to be there when it happens. He laughed so hard and let me go.

Dr. Eagle
03-10-2005, 06:20 AM
It's pretty simple really, all you have to do is prove that he is legally blind... :supp:

Kachina26
03-10-2005, 06:44 AM
Honesty is the best policy. I write far more warnings than citations (just ask my Sgt.). Attitude makes all the difference in my book. If I believe you will correct the reason I pulled you over with a warning, that's what you'll get. For those of you that say you pay my wage, I'll hand you a quarter and let you know we're now even.
The best excuse I ever heard is as follows- Late one night (about 3:00 a.m.) I stopped a car for traveling through my hometown at about 25 over the speed limit. I walked up to the car and found an elderly man driving. He was alone and I inquired if there was a reason he was in such a hurry. He said he was seeking medical attention and then began his explantation. He stated he was camped about thirty miles away in the desert when his hemroids started causing him pain. He reached over into his medicine bag and removed what he thought was some Preperation H. He had no flashlight to confirm this. He said he reached the tube to his rear and gave it a squeeze, only to realize instantly he grabbed the wrong tube. He then pulled out of his shirt pocket a tube and showed me he had applied some contact cement to his hind end. He said he had wiped most of it away, but was really wanting a second opinion from a physician on what to do next. I have to believe this was a true story, if not he has one hell of an imagination. He said the worst part of it was having to tell me and then having to tell a doctor. I tried hard to not roll on the highway laughing as I told him he needed no citation and walked away.
Oh trust me, I'm all about good attitude. I've gotten plenty of warnings (in my younger days) with the appropriate "yes, sir , no, sir and which cheek sir?" I just want to know what ya'll expect me to say to that "ice breaker" question.

cjordan
03-10-2005, 08:03 AM
A buddy of mine told a state cop he was trying to catch up to a drunk driver that almost ran him off the road...gave a bs description of the car and partial bs plate...cop was gone with no questions asked.
Same guy got clocked for 92 in 65, he was driving a car with a digital speedo. Cop came up and asked him if he knew how fast he was going....Buddy told him he didn't have a clue, my speedo only goes to 85 :D The cop cracked up and wrote him a warning. ;)