PDA

View Full Version : Props to Orion Custom Boats !

malibuken
03-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Finally got the boat detailed, what a difference! :)
Back in December, at a San Diego gathering of Hot Boaters, my better half won a gift certificate from Orion Custom Boats in El Cajon, Martin was there to offer it up, for a detailing to a boat.
We finally found a time to bring the boat back to SD and made an appointment with Martin to get the boat out there.
We dropped it off on a Monday, at the same time checked out the boats in progress in the shop. They lay up boats for Ultra as well as their own line. Pretty cool stuff going on there, nice colors on the ones that were finished.
Anyway, on Wednesday of that week, Martin called me and said the boat was done. I was not really sure what to expect, but when I walked in that evening to pick it up, I was in awe :jawdrop: . My boat looked like new ! :D
They really did a fantastic job. The entire hull and cockpit area was sanded and buffed. There were several gel coat scratches and nicks on the outside, the previous owner did not respect his property that well, which were all but eliminated during the detail proccess. All the colors now stand out very well.
Needless to say, the folks at Orion did a great job and I would suggest if you are in the area, drop in a check the place out.
We are very pleased with the results and wish to thank Martin for his generous gift certificate, and the time spent on our boat and the shop tour.

GrapeApe
03-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Good Job Martin & Team Orion... Keep up the Good work... ;)
*** Grape Ape ***

BarryMac
03-09-2005, 10:24 AM
That's great to hear Ken, you are so very correct about Martin's generosity with the gift certificate, glad that he did such a great job for you. He'll definitely be getting mine after the season to repair a couple of dings...

Ziggy
03-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Ok now Ken, where's the $50 bucks you said you'd give me for pulling the Mrs. ticket out of the hat Barry kept dropping ;) That wasn't easy ya know :D
Way to go Martin and Orion Boats..always great to hear of jobs well done. :)

BarryMac
03-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Ok now Ken, where's the $50 bucks you said you'd give me for pulling the Mrs. ticket out of the hat Barry kept dropping ;) That wasn't easy ya know :D
Hey, wait just a minute Mr., I wasn't dropping the hat just the tickets in the hat, guess Ken got lucky and his made it back in the hat instead of being left on the floor with a few others... :D :D :D

Waldo
03-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Does Orion have a facility off of the 215 in Colton? I have seen it the last two times driving to the river. Some good looking gel jobs.

malibuken
03-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Uhhh, Huh? wha? who me? Good thing I am old and am loosing my memory. ;)
Gotta thank GJB for putting the shindig on as well, as Zig said, if it was not for him dropping ................ I mean putting it together, it would never had happened. :) :D