PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Camera Ticket........

Gman
03-09-2005, 11:38 AM
My girlfriend just got one in the mail, and it shows me behind the wheel!!!!!! How do you fight these???? Is there a way to get out of it???? It shows me about half way thru the intersection and doing 39mph in a 35 zone. Obviously I sped up to get thru the light :) The letter says she is to list who was driving if it wasn't her. I already had a speeding ticket last year and can't do traffic school. I need help getting out of this stupid camera ticket!!! Anyone ever fought one and won???

Essex502
03-09-2005, 11:44 AM
My girlfriend just got one in the mail, and it shows me behind the wheel!!!!!! How do you fight these???? Is there a way to get out of it???? It shows me about half way thru the intersection and doing 39mph in a 35 zone. Obviously I sped up to get thru the light :) The letter says she is to list who was driving if it wasn't her. I already had a speeding ticket last year and can't do traffic school. I need help getting out of this stupid camera ticket!!! Anyone ever fought one and won???
Try taking it to court and fighting it. Some of the red light cameras were set with too short an interval and many tickets have been thrown out. It is worth a try. I didn't see a location where you're from but in California, I believe you can go to traffic school again - it just costs more of your time and/or money.

Jordy
03-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Don't respond to it and don't answer the door to strangers for 120 days and it will be dismissed, at least that is how it works in AZ with the photo-radar, or so I've heard. :D
It has to do with improper service. Unless you sign for it, there is no proof that Cliff Claven even delivered it. Think about how many letters get lost in the mail annually. ;)
You have to be personally served, that is why you don't answer the door or identify yourself to strangers. :cool:

Mandelon
03-09-2005, 11:45 AM
No plates on my truck...... ;)
Perhaps she could misidentify you on the form? :confused:

barbigrl
03-09-2005, 11:45 AM
UR SCREWED...

dimarcobros
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
From my understanding it is pretty hard to fight them. If she doesn't give them your information then she gets the ticket, I think. You could have her get the ticket and do online traffic school for her. :D
Good luck with it.
DMB

NOTALENT
03-09-2005, 11:48 AM
that sucks..I have been dreading those..just say it was either that or ending up in the middle of the intersection breaking..!!! lol. :rollside:

PHX ATC
03-09-2005, 11:53 AM
What Jordy said up there, at least in AZ.
She can't get the ticket as it wasn't her driving. You can't ticket a car for going through a red light, the car can't legally drive itself or sign for the ticket. Hello. She can either respond by mail or go down to look at the photo and say, gee that isn't me. Legally, she doesn't have to tell them who it is. She can say, I don't know. If pressed, say, I lend my car out all the time to friends, but am unsure who that is.
They can't ticket her at all.

Essex502
03-09-2005, 11:58 AM
See these:
http://seclists.org/lists/politech/2002/Nov/0030.html
http://www.highwayrobbery.net/TickRedCamArmeycasesakappeal.asp
http://www.highwayrobbery.net/redlightcamslinksref.htm
http://www.highwayrobbery.net/redlightcamslinksref.htm
http://www.redlightcameraticket.com/
That should be a start!

Boatcop
03-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Just have her tell them it was River Dave. :D

Ken F
03-09-2005, 12:36 PM
She had too much to drink and some guy drove her and her car home, and had a friend pick him up. don't know who he was.

Gman
03-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Has anyone on here ever beat one of these??? What does our HB Police Officers think about this subject??? Any more advice would be appreciated.

Ziggy
03-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Just have her tell them it was River Dave. :D
Thats two tart remarks of yours I've read today----good ones too :D :D
Sounds to me like either you or your GF is stuck with it....been plenty of challanges in SD county and most of the photo intersections are new and accurately timed.

GrapeApe
03-09-2005, 01:52 PM
I always figure if you did it and got caught, pay the Piper... Just my .02 ...
Goodluck
*** Grape Ape ***

clownpuncher
03-09-2005, 02:08 PM
They sent you a picture of a violation? Hell, send them a picture of money to pay your fine.... :)

Ziggy
03-09-2005, 02:22 PM
I always figure if you did it and got caught, pay the Piper... Just my .02 ...
Goodluck
*** Grape Ape ***
So true, so true.....I've really restrained myself from rushing a yellow anymore, to many people on the other side are in a rush to race off the green and I don't want to be in their way.

Windy
03-09-2005, 02:33 PM
UR SCREWED...
Shes right...I got one driving an Ambulance...I went to court and fought it and they dismissed it...but I was the only one who got off.

Brady Bunch
03-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I got one driving my TWIN GrapeApe's Suburban. I fought it and won! :)
Helped that, by chance, my buddy who was a traffic cop had photo tickets duty in court for that day! :hammerhea

*BN*
03-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Are you saying you got a ticket for speeding? or for running a red light? or Both?
I thought those cameras were for reds, if there for speeding too, OH MY!

Boatcop
03-09-2005, 02:55 PM
They sent you a picture of a violation? Hell, send them a picture of money to pay your fine....
They'll just send back a picture of handcuffs. :eek:

jdogginla
03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
THERE IS A WAY TO BEAT IT ***** AND IT WAS JUST DONE IN ORANGE COUNTY!
Califorina state law requires the city to notify the public 30 days before installing and activating a camera at the stop light. A gentleman in orange county just got his ticket thrown out as well as a judgement against the city to reimburse all parties who paid a fine for this particular light. So a lil research and you might be in the clear. I'll try to find the article I read online and post the link, but I read it about two weeks ago.

Windy
03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Are you saying you got a ticket for speeding? or for running a red light? or Both?
I thought those cameras were for reds, if there for speeding too, OH MY!
The cameras are for red lights...350 bucks. :squiggle:

RP1
03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Has anyone on here ever beat one of these??? What does our HB Police Officers think about this subject??? Any more advice would be appreciated.
Yep... know of two that have beaten them.
Here is the deal. They have another picture that was taken at the same time during your infraction. If the second picture is not clear enough to identify you, they can not use it. They need two identifying photos in order to file the paperwork. If not, then it is dismissed.
As I said, I know of two that have escaped punishment this way.
The only problem is... you have to show your mug at the P.D. to see if the picture is clear enough to identify you.

probablecause
03-09-2005, 03:14 PM
They sent you a picture of a violation? Hell, send them a picture of money to pay your fine....
...Great Response :D
They'll just send back a picture of handcuffs. :eek:
...Even Better :D :D

HOOTER SLED-
03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Look on the positive side, at least it wasn't a pic of some other dude driving her car with her head in his lap. :D :D That would really suck. Man up and deal with the consequences you criminal. :D

gnarley
03-09-2005, 09:29 PM
YOUR................. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED........
So why can't she say she was out of town and some friends were watchin her place? When she got back she could tell there was a party and it was a mess and her car had an extra 200+ miles on it and out of gas! She has no idea who took her spare keys that she keeps hanging by the door and no one will fess up to it!

MudPumper
03-09-2005, 10:04 PM
The way to fight the ticket is to subpoena the person who installed the camera, the person who developed the picture, etc....... as witnesses on your behalf. When they don't show up because they don't give a shit, it will get thrown out. You will have to do some research and talk to the court clerk about some stuff but I was told it can be done.

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 10:17 PM
The way to fight the ticket is to subpoena the person who installed the camera, the person who developed the picture, etc....... as witnesses on your behalf. When they don't show up because they don't give a shit, it will get thrown out. You will have to do some research and talk to the court clerk about some stuff but I was told it can be done.
URBAN F***IN LEGEND.....
you can go to a 12 hour traffic school.....

Dr. Eagle
03-09-2005, 10:21 PM
URBAN F***IN LEGEND.....
Or you could be DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mix:

jdogginla
03-09-2005, 10:26 PM
URBAN F***IN LEGEND.....
What about the 30 day public notice that is required?

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 10:54 PM
What about the 30 day public notice that is required?
21455.5. (a) The limit line, the intersection, or a place designated in Section 21455, where a driver is required to stop, may be equipped with an automated enforcement system if the governmental agency utilizing the system meets all of the following requirements:
(1) Identifies the system by signs that clearly indicate the system's presence and are visible to traffic approaching from all directions, or posts signs at all major entrances to the city, including, at a minimum, freeways, bridges, and state highway routes
(2) If it locates the system at an intersection, and ensures that the system meets the criteria specified in Section 21455.7.
(b) Prior to issuing citations under this section, a local jurisdiction utilizing an automated traffic enforcement system shall commence a program to issue only warning notices for 30 days. The local jurisdiction shall also make a public announcement of the automated traffic enforcement system at least 30 days prior to the commencement of the enforcement program.

jdogginla
03-09-2005, 11:39 PM
21455.5. (a) The limit line, the intersection, or a place designated in Section 21455, where a driver is required to stop, may be equipped with an automated enforcement system if the governmental agency utilizing the system meets all of the following requirements:
(1) Identifies the system by signs that clearly indicate the system's presence and are visible to traffic approaching from all directions, or posts signs at all major entrances to the city, including, at a minimum, freeways, bridges, and state highway routes
(2) If it locates the system at an intersection, and ensures that the system meets the criteria specified in Section 21455.7.
(b) Prior to issuing citations under this section, a local jurisdiction utilizing an automated traffic enforcement system shall commence a program to issue only warning notices for 30 days. The local jurisdiction shall also make a public announcement of the automated traffic enforcement system at least 30 days prior to the commencement of the enforcement program.
Thanks for taking the time to look that up...........I'll print that and keep it handy just in case I need it for future use. ;)

ROZ
03-10-2005, 12:04 AM
The only problem is... you have to show your mug at the P.D. to see if the picture is clear enough to identify you.
I guess he better grow some hair and shave that goatee :D

HBjet
03-10-2005, 02:25 PM
I got one driving an Ambulance...I went to court and fought it and they dismissed it...but I was the only one who got off.
GMAN, take a good look at the photo because the only reason MissHB got the ticket thrown out wasn't because she was in a Ambulance, it was because the front tires where on the intersection crosswalk line and you need to be completely in the intersection.
HBjet

coolchange
03-10-2005, 06:23 PM
You blew the red, pay the fine. Trying to blow it off on your G/F? nice.
Next time try stopping... maybe it won't be you that T-bones me and almost kills my kid. :burningm:

DogHouse
03-10-2005, 06:31 PM
You blew the red, pay the fine. Trying to blow it off on your G/F? nice.
Next time try stopping... maybe it won't be you that T-bones me and almost kills my kid. :burningm:
Exactly!

Mr.Havasu
03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
I don't know if this is still true or not, but 7 or 8 years ago when those things were first getting popular I found myself in traffic school for a California stop at a stop sign. The school was being taught by a police officer/ highway patrol I don't remember which LE. Any way he asked if anyone had gotten a camera ticket in the room. A couple of folk raised their hands. He asked if they paid it. They all nodded yes. He ask why? He went on to say How did you receive your ticket? was it certified mail? Then he stated unless you are legally served they can't issue a warrant. Since you didn't sign for the ticket they can't prove you ever got it, therefore they do not issue warrants.
It was said in the beginning of this tread by someone else. Seems like if it came regular mail and you didn't sign for it, you have not been served. Course I wouldn't want to be the one to test this, but this was straight from the LE mouth who was teaching the traffic school class.
Good luck