PDA

View Full Version : A fimn to make us "Never Forget"

Not So Fast
03-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Quite by accident we rented a film, documentary actually which was done by two film students on the life of a NYFD probie. While they were going about this and just expecting another routine day the terriosts attack of the world trade centers happened. What followed was the most compelling piece of film I have ever seen, from the onset of the attacks they kept filming and to see the mass confusion, hesteria and devastation as it happened is something every man woman and child should see. So as not to make this too long I'll just tell one part. As the Fire Captians were standing inside one of the towers bottom floors trying to decide what has happened and what to do about it someone asked what this noise was they kept hearing like a loud thud, one of the Captains says "dont go out side because the noise was of people hitting the ground and if they hit you you would be killed", I think that says it all. I thought I knew what brave was but I had no idea until I saw this film and while there was a lot of bravery by the NYPD, the clean-up crews (which the Operating Engineers were part of) there was none that even came close to these firemen, it was incredible!! If you can watch this to the end and not be crying like a baby there is a rock in your chest instead of a heart. Not trying to be a wet blanket but this is something to be seen so that we "NEVER FORGET" and it was being filmed as it happened, no Hollywood movie. Dirty bastard terriosts!! NSF

OGShocker
03-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Nice post!

Not So Fast
03-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Boy, do I get the Dumbell award or what #$#@#^ The name of the film in my last post is simply "911", you owe it to your self to see it period!! NSF :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

mbrown2
03-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info...just added it to the Netflix queue..

Not So Fast
03-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Good God, Have we forgotten already, only two replies. NSF

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 06:33 PM
yes most of the country has forgotten...
Where do you find this film and what is it called
911 or never forgotten....

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Do they have it at Block Buster's???? I will pick it up tomorrow!!!!.. My son was making a book about himself when it happened (he was about 8yrs old) and when all this took place he wanted to be sure to include it in his book.... He saved news paper clippings, pictures, etc...... He put an eagle's head with a tear running down it's face and the towers in smoke behind the eagle as his intoduction to that part of the book>>> What a heart for his age huh. !!!

Not So Fast
03-09-2005, 06:51 PM
you will find it in Special Interests sections. the correct title is "9/11" a film by Jules and Gideon Nadet?? Ya just gotta sit down and watch this incredible footage. Wallmart has it in their library of DVD's. We just rented it again. I'm telling you I get emotional just thinking about that day and what those dirty MFer's did that affected so many lives!! I WILL NEVER FORGET, I promise you that.. NSF

ColeTR1
03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Look at these pictures you will never forget
911 pictures (http://www.flat-bottom.com/index2.htm)

JustMVG
03-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I remember seeing that film on HBO and on networktv, incredible footage and the audio is unbelievable, whatever your emotions were the day of the attacks, seeing this movie will bring them back and make you cry. You feel as if you are actually there and it's frightening, but if you havve not seen this film yet you must see it.
MikeVG

NuckinFutz
03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
I saw a thing on TV a while back about the two brothers filming this as it was happening. At that time the film hadn't been completed. If I remember right one of the brothers was at the fire station when things went to hell and the other was at the scene. I'll have to check into renting the movie now I know it's out. This film needs to be aired on network television about once a year, just to get everyone that has a short memory to think back to what the current politics is really about. Thanks for the info.

Not So Fast
03-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Actually one of the brothers who kept filming as I remember thought his brother had been killed in the attack or at least didn't know if he was still alive. He didn't find out until much later that he made it. Like I said it is just the most gripping piece of film I've ever seen and everybody should see it. NSF

FreddieB81
03-10-2005, 07:15 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006B1HI/qid=1110467470/sr=8-8/ref=pd_ka_1/002-3459971-7244844?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846