PDA

View Full Version : &*^%ing Drivers !!!!!

Her454
03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
I HATE COMMUTING!
The level of selfishness and rudeness in America is increasing at ASTOUNDING rates. I see this rudeness daily on my 100+ mile a day commute.
Unfortunately you aren't even safe inside your car. Stupid, unsafe drivers have always been a part of American roads. Today however, the roads are less safe as a result of three main groups of people:
OLDER DRIVERS: Last year, elderly drivers surpassed teens as the number one cause of traffic accidents in America. I have always said we should start testing citizensÂ’ driving abilities annually once they pass the age of 60. This will never happen because old people vote more than anyone and our politicians are gutless!!!!!
SELF-ABSORBED SELFISH DRIVERS: Too many people today are far more concerned about their own lives than what they are doing behing the wheel, which causes countless risky scenarios on the road. I know that all of us have been cut-off by some driver who doesnÂ’t look in his blind spot, but it seems to be happening more and more these days.
What about these assholes that drive 50 in the fast lane of the freeway while talking on their cell phones, talking to their passengers, yelling at their kids in the back seat, or just daydreaming? They are so self-involved and rude, that they fail to notice that they are in the fast lane and that there are 20 of us behind them trying to get by.
(OR THE BITCHES THAT drive to the mall to hold parking spots 3 rows away while their poor pitiful "yes dear" of a husband shakes in his shoes afraid to defy her RUDENESS AND IGNORANCE also fall in this category)
THE “I’LL BE DAMNED CROWD:” These are my favorite idiots on the road. “I’ll be damned if I’m going to get over in the other lane…let this person wait! What’s her hurry,” these people will think.
HereÂ’s a news flash for you people; some of us have exciting lives (well sometimes anyway) waiting for us at our destinations and we donÂ’t feel like wasting our lives with you lame asses on the road! Not only that, some of us know how to safely drive at or slightly above the speed limit, and beside that, itÂ’s the damn law for slow traffic to move to the right, so DO IT!
Driving, like everything else in this stupid society of ours is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass! I've decided I can avoid a lot of stupid people by using the Internet to do my shopping, but I am not sure how to avoid the roads on my way to work! Guess itÂ’s time to invest in a helicopter. No, I am not the perfect driver either but I'm also not a complete dumbass as soon as my ass hits the drivers seat.
Thanks for letting me vent and saving me a heart attack today. :cry: :squiggle:

RiverOtter
03-09-2005, 12:55 PM
This morning was tuff for me too. It took me 6 miunutes instead of 5 (like usual) to get to work because of some Ftard hanging out in the turn lane. :mad:

spectratoad
03-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Are you at the mall again??? :rolleyes:

Her454
03-09-2005, 12:56 PM
This morning was tuff for me too. It took me 6 miunutes instead of 5 (like usual) to get to work because of some Ftard hanging out in the turn lane. :mad:
6 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You lucky SOB. :)

RiverOtter
03-09-2005, 01:05 PM
It is pretty nice... But the tard in the turn lane really got to me this morning! :hammerhea :D

likwidsukr
03-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I hour each way for me. I cant stand those people. So you have them out there to LOL. OMG I get so mad that I shake and my head starts twitching and all I can think about is shoving my foot so far up there candy As(s)es that I have to slap myself and say look your sons in the car. Take another valium and sit back shut the Fu(c)k up and enjoy the ride :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Her454
03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
I hour each way for me. I cant stand those people. So you have them out there to LOL. OMG I get so mad that I shake and my head starts twitching and all I can think about is shoving my foot so far up there candy As(s)es that I have to slap myself and say look your sons in the car. Take another valium and sit back shut the Fu(c)k up and enjoy the ride :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
This is sick but I feel better someone else shares my pain and FRUSTRATION! :):):)

RiverOtter
03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Raleigh has traffic :confused:

spectratoad
03-09-2005, 01:23 PM
I had a couple this morning that were walking across the street in the cross walk. I swear it was a step every 30 seconds. She was on the phone and he was just looking at butterflies or something. The other drivers were just shaking their heads. Pi$$ed me off. :boxingguy

likwidsukr
03-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Chattanooga is where? :mix:

ELIMINAT THIS
03-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Her454 if you still had the Z71 you could just run them over.You would vent and move up one spot all at the same time. :rollside:
Kaler

Her454
03-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Her454 if you still had the Z71 you could just run them over.You would vent and move up one spot all at the same time. :rollside:
Kaler
Hi Kaler - LOL....... Im buying another one in the next month or so.......!! Its too much of a gas pig tho...I drive the Eclipse back and forth to work. Thats not too intimidating..... :D

likwidsukr
03-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Raleigh-Durham population 515178 and none can drive worth a shit :boxingguy

dirty old man
03-09-2005, 01:47 PM
I can still remember the days BEFORE freeways, when you could drive all over LA and still get anywhere in less time than it takes on the freeways today. We could get from the San Fernando Valley to Newport Beach in an hour! Now, not only is LA gridlocked to an unbelievable situation, but Las Vegas is locking up as well due to excessive growth. There are just too many of us on the roads today, and there is no relief is sight. Even if Cal Trans would have forseen the future, they would never have built freeways correctly. I do not envy my kids or grandkids who have horrendous commutes, even if its only to school or work

Ziggy
03-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah, my 8-10 minute commute bites too ;)
Traci, there is a missing catagory on that list. MINIVAN drivers :lightsabe

barbigrl
03-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Her454 I can't beleive you have to drive so far to work??? Is your freeway comparable to the 91? The 91 is HELL.....people have those Piss on 91 stickers on their cars...... I fortunatly do not have a commute....one reason why I stay at my shit paying job

clownpuncher
03-09-2005, 02:01 PM
I hate commuting too. I never have enough time to listen to a full song, and the a/c doesn't have enough time to cool the truck before I get to work.....I HATE that :D

Her454
03-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah, my 8-10 minute commute bites too ;)
Traci, there is a missing catagory on that list. MINIVAN drivers :lightsabe
At the risk of offending anyone...............They dont even count - therefore did not make the list. ;)

slotracer
03-09-2005, 02:06 PM
traci you have a hell of a drive but the place where you live is well worth it.
pat(slotracer) :hammer2:

Wavemaker
03-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Many of us experience the same hassles on our streets & highways daily. The problem is in our state's infrastucture. Freeways, highways, major boulevards etc. are see traffic rates of 200% of what they were designed for. Traffic conjestion and gridlock at peak travel times. Our overpriced gasoline in California has many taxes levied into the price per gallon, yet the "Governor Moonbeam" (Jerry Brown), took the road tax funds and transferred them into the "General Fund." There went the money used to maintain roads, make road improvements, build more freeways and expand existing freeways, highways and other state roads. Ever wonder why it will take so long to fix our roads from this last winter's storms? No state money (or very little), available from the gasoline taxes! Funds were transferred to the General Fund. Local governments are going to the "Governator" to declare some areas disaster zones making it possible to ask the Federal Government read FEMA) for emergency money to repair roads, highways, freeways, clean-up mudslides etc. President Bush wants to "manage Federal Funds" to finance the War and rebuilding of Iraq.
The overall problem is going to get worse! With proposed changes in Social Security, many of us that are under 55 years of age may need to work until we are 70. That means those that commute to work will face more of older drivers, (you youngsters get older every year as do I), and was more business move to areas where they get tax incentives, younger work force (read lower wages paid), and development continues to add more homes, business, malls and industrial parks with adding to the capacity of our freeways, highways and streets we will face longer commutes. This includes more gridlock in densly populated areas. Yesterday's elections involved at least two cities fighting development that would add to their traffic woes in already over developed areas.
If you can write here in the forums, take a couple of minutes to write your city council persons, county supervisors, and state assembly members. Hell, write to your Congressman too. They will not even give consideration to letters or e-mails unless they recieve at least a dozen or more regarding a specific issue. Be specific in your letters. Propose double deck highways. That way we do not have to buy out the owners of existing properties next to the existing highways, freeways etc.
Sorry to write an episitle here. My wife and I were cut off numerous times just this morning on our commute and, experienced the "me first" mergers with changing freeways, changing lanes, etc. We were driving 75 to 80 mph at 6:00 AM to on the 5 freeway, 118 freeway, 60 mph on the 405 freeway.
We leave home early to beat the crush and know many alternate routes to get around jams on the freways, but it will only get worse in our lifetimes.
-Wavemaker

Her454
03-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Her454 I can't beleive you have to drive so far to work??? Is your freeway comparable to the 91?
I dont know anything about the 91 but I drive on country roads for half the commute and then a SINGLE LANE highway (accidents everyday) and then down a busy City Boulevard in Sacramento for the rest of the way. Going home is worse and with growth it gets longer every day. People that drive slower on the single lane roads seem to CAUSE more accidents from people trying to pass in unsafe conditions.
traci you have a hell of a drive but the place where you live is well worth it.
pat(slotracer) :hammer2:
Most of the time Pat. Not today.

ratso
03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
I think that the c##ksuckers that drive 50 in the fast lane should get tickets the same as the speeders do. I made a trip to Arkansas and two more to Dallas in the last week, and I'd like to rip some of these jerks frigging heads off!!! :burningm: :mad: :yuk: :mad:

Norseman
03-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I had a couple this morning that were walking across the street in the cross walk. I swear it was a step every 30 seconds. She was on the phone and he was just looking at butterflies or something. The other drivers were just shaking their heads. Pi$$ed me off. :boxingguy
Sounds like you missed an oppertounity to get an interesting HOOD Ornament!! :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

Ziggy
03-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I think that the c##ksuckers that drive 50 in the fast lane should get tickets the same as the speeders do. I made a trip to Arkansas and two more to Dallas in the last week, and I'd like to rip some of these jerks frigging heads off!!! :burningm: :mad: :yuk: :mad:
That does happen Ratso....I had a parts driver that got ticketed for going to slow on the freeway :rolleyes: Go figure :D
I've seen in some states where the speed limit is posted there also is a minimum speed posted.

Debbolas
03-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Yes, my 3 minute commute this morning was horrible, I had to wait at an intersection while some horseback riders crossed ;)
Traci, I'm sorry your commute is so aweful....have you tried those books on tape? Scream loves them...
Does anyone remember after 9-11 how kind everyone was to each other. People let other cars in front of them, no one cut anyone off anymore, as if we pulled together because of a higher purpose. I'm sorry 9-11 happened, and I wouldn't want anything like that to happen again, but I wish we could all treat each other as kindly as we did after our nation's disaster.
peace :clover:

burtandnancy
03-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Right on Wavemaker, think I'll write a letter today. I've fallen into so many potholes since the last rain, I realize how correct you are about where the money has gone...

Tom Brown
03-09-2005, 03:03 PM
What's going on down there? All Canadian drivers are courteous and considerate.

Her454
03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
What's going on down there? All Canadian drivers are courteous and considerate.
I am too Tom, Im going to Canada to live with you.

HALLETT BOY
03-09-2005, 03:07 PM
How about those idiots that tag along side of your boat trailer while your driving to the river..they won't speed up or slow down so you can pass that up coming truck...just turn your signal on and start moving over slowly, they get out of your way real quick !

Tom Brown
03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
I am too Tom, Im going to Canada to live with you.
Come on up. :cool:
The high today was 38 degrees. I was outside with no jacket thinking how wonderful spring weather is. :)

Wavemaker
03-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey Burt&Nancy...Write On! - Wavemaker

Caljamr
03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.
All my traffic headaches stopped when I bought my RAM pickup and lifted it and put 37" tires on it. You sit above the traffic cranking the tunes and all your worries go away. The people below you are cutting in and out of lanes and getting pissed. I just laugh sitting in my leather couch cruzin' to work.
There's a saying that you should own a convertable car at least once in you life. I also think you should own a lifted truck once in your life.
So I went and did both and bought a '73 Ford Bronco and lifted it. All you gotta' do i put the top and the worries go away.
Oh and by the way my boat is a Barefoot Sanger with a weekwacker on the back.

Her454
03-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.
If you have a weak wacker then you belong down in BenchRacers with the whackerboyz. :)
Seriously, welcome to the boards. :)

Tom Brown
03-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Welcome to ***boat, Caljamr. :cool:
We need more people of your obvious intellect and sophistication to bring a little class to this joint. http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Unforgiven
03-09-2005, 04:30 PM
I HATE COMMUTING!
The level of selfishness and rudeness in America is increasing at ASTOUNDING rates. I see this rudeness daily on my 100+ mile a day commute.
Unfortunately you aren't even safe inside your car. Stupid, unsafe drivers have always been a part of American roads. Today however, the roads are less safe as a result of three main groups of people:
OLDER DRIVERS: Last year, elderly drivers surpassed teens as the number one cause of traffic accidents in America. I have always said we should start testing citizensÂ’ driving abilities annually once they pass the age of 60. This will never happen because old people vote more than anyone and our politicians are gutless!!!!!
SELF-ABSORBED SELFISH DRIVERS: Too many people today are far more concerned about their own lives than what they are doing behing the wheel, which causes countless risky scenarios on the road. I know that all of us have been cut-off by some driver who doesnÂ’t look in his blind spot, but it seems to be happening more and more these days.
What about these assholes that drive 50 in the fast lane of the freeway while talking on their cell phones, talking to their passengers, yelling at their kids in the back seat, or just daydreaming? They are so self-involved and rude, that they fail to notice that they are in the fast lane and that there are 20 of us behind them trying to get by.
(OR THE BITCHES THAT drive to the mall to hold parking spots 3 rows away while their poor pitiful "yes dear" of a husband shakes in his shoes afraid to defy her RUDENESS AND IGNORANCE also fall in this category)
THE “I’LL BE DAMNED CROWD:” These are my favorite idiots on the road. “I’ll be damned if I’m going to get over in the other lane…let this person wait! What’s her hurry,” these people will think.
HereÂ’s a news flash for you people; some of us have exciting lives (well sometimes anyway) waiting for us at our destinations and we donÂ’t feel like wasting our lives with you lame asses on the road! Not only that, some of us know how to safely drive at or slightly above the speed limit, and beside that, itÂ’s the damn law for slow traffic to move to the right, so DO IT!
Driving, like everything else in this stupid society of ours is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass! I've decided I can avoid a lot of stupid people by using the Internet to do my shopping, but I am not sure how to avoid the roads on my way to work! Guess itÂ’s time to invest in a helicopter. No, I am not the perfect driver either but I'm also not a complete dumbass as soon as my ass hits the drivers seat.
Thanks for letting me vent and saving me a heart attack today. :cry: :squiggle:
seems like it's time for you to retire from where you work...maybe you'll win big in Vegas and buy that Marina...or better yet...I'll win big in Vegas and you could "work" for me

Caljamr
03-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Did I say "weekwacker", i'm sure some of you found that funny.
Thanks for the welcome.

fourspeednup
03-09-2005, 04:58 PM
It's all about how you look at it...when I'm in the car nobody can harass or bitch at me, kinda like when you're sittin on the shitter reading Powerboat but the car has a CD player so I get to chill and listen to tunes as well :cool:
I used to drive old, tempermental vehicles so being in one that can idle for 5 min without overheating is a big enough treat for me :)
Am I seriously the only one who takes alternate routes to work/school just to check stuff out and enjoy the drive? :)

Her454
03-10-2005, 09:45 AM
seems like it's time for you to retire from where you work...maybe you'll win big in Vegas and buy that Marina...or better yet...I'll win big in Vegas and you could "work" for me
Im not much of a gambler but Im going to give it a shot in Vegas :D :D
It's all about how you look at it...when I'm in the car nobody can harass or bitch at me,
Am I seriously the only one who takes alternate routes to work/school just to check stuff out and enjoy the drive? :)
I would imagine you are not in your car for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week? I've been driving this for almost 8 years now and Im past the "enjoy the drive" stage. And I have a scenic drive already, but Im usually running late so I dont have time to take another route.....even if there were one available. :)
In all fairness and in sake of my conscience, I have to let you guys know that I may have spoke too soon yesterday. During my travel to work this morning I came to the stop sign at a very dangerous intersection where it crosses a major highway. There is nothing but a red flashing light as a warning of cross traffic. Today I pulled up to the stop and looked "around" the truck that was turning right and didnt see any traffic either way. I was running late, and pulled out onto the highway. I pulled directly in front of a Monte Carlo and I estimate his speed to be well over 70mph. I did not even see him as he was going so fast and was in the blind spot behind the other truck. It was very close and scared the holy hell out of me. Im normally extremely careful at this intersection but today my lack of attention could have cost the life of that driver and my own.
Needless to say I have been humbled by my own criticism.

RiverOtter
03-10-2005, 09:50 AM
If it makes you feel any better, my brother in law lives in Atlanta. He commutes 1.5 hrs each way. I think it's only a 20 mile drive though. It only takes me 1.5 hrs to drive from Chattanooga to Atlanta :D

Rexone
03-10-2005, 09:57 AM
T to take it a step further what about inside stores, supermarket, target wherever, once you "finally" reach your destination and encounter "shopping cart boneheads" who can't even navigate down an isle at over .2 mph and sit there gazing around like they're the only friggin person in the friggin store mid isle so no one can get by... move the friggin cart you lardass idiot i didn't come here to spend the day.. holyshit wheres my meds. .. :burningm:

Her454
03-10-2005, 10:05 AM
T to take it a step further what about inside stores, supermarket, target wherever, once you "finally" reach your destination and encounter "shopping cart boneheads" who can't even navigate down an isle at over .2 mph and sit there gazing around like they're the only friggin person in the friggin store mid isle so no one can get by... move the friggin cart you lardass idiot i didn't come here to spend the day.. holyshit wheres my meds. .. :burningm:
OR the ones that run over your heel with the cart? :mad: OUCH!

Racer277
03-10-2005, 10:32 AM
You guys are speaking my language.
Man, sometimes I have no patience for these people, but you are right Traci, whenever I get too full of myself, something humbling happens. It's better if I just put a stop to it before that happens.
Pissing on the 91 is f'in funny though.
I used to work at the 76 station below the Canyon Inn. We would watch the traffic just crawl along there. When it got going, it was like Talladega 85mph, bump drafting, then some f'wad would pull a Rusty Jarret Jr. into the wall, and it all comes to a stop. :hammerhea
Too funny.

Unforgiven
03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
You guys are speaking my language.
Man, sometimes I have no patience for these people, but you are right Traci, whenever I get too full of myself, something humbling happens. It's better if I just put a stop to it before that happens.
Pissing on the 91 is f'in funny though.
I used to work at the 76 station below the Canyon Inn. We would watch the traffic just crawl along there. When it got going, it was like Talladega 85mph, bump drafting, then some f'wad would pull a Rusty Jarret Jr. into the wall, and it all comes to a stop. :hammerhea
Too funny.
Sean, you use to work???

mtndewdrops
03-10-2005, 01:03 PM
I have the best commute ever in my 20+ year career and commute to work 94 miles round trip. It has been a heck of a lot worse. I used to commute on the 405 from HB to Torrance, 26 miles took 1.5 hours. :devil: The record breaker for me was 180 miles round trip which was mostly on the 91 freeway :lightsabe .
The key for me now is to leave early, I hit the freeway at 4:45 a.m. so I miss most of it. :coffeycup.