PDA

View Full Version : How many of you enjoy

Ziggy
03-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Your jobs? Are you really happy with what you do?

Her454
03-09-2005, 02:02 PM
I do. But did I mention I HATE MY COMMUTE? ;)

topless
03-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Some days I love it, some days I don't I'd say over all, I have a great job. :)

dicudmore
03-09-2005, 02:04 PM
I like it.....but if you're hiring managers one day I might be interested ;)

clownpuncher
03-09-2005, 02:05 PM
I used to love my job, but, as of March 4th I'm officially a retired fireman. After 21 years, ****ed up lungs, 2 knee surguries and seeing more than I cared to see I decided I'd be better off retired at 43. One more bad fiire could hurt me bad.

dimarcobros
03-09-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't mind my job right now and I do enjoy working for my brother but I have started the painful process of looking for something else. My 2 year agreement is up and it is time to move on. Now I just need to figure out what I am going to do. :idea:
DMB

riverbound
03-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I love my job. Keeps me very busy. I like coming to work never knowing what to expect and Every day I learn something new. Its a very challenging career and thats why I like it.

Her454
03-09-2005, 02:25 PM
I used to love my job, but, as of March 4th I'm officially a retired fireman. After 21 years, ****ed up lungs, 2 knee surguries and seeing more than I cared to see I decided I'd be better off retired at 43. One more bad fiire could hurt me bad.
Thanks for all the years you put in helping protect our homes........ I've been through some nasty scares living in the heart of Fire country, the last one being last summer - and I respect the hell out of what you guys do.
Traci ~

Debbolas
03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I love my job :D
However it will soon be changing and I'm not really looking forward to that. I will still be working with kids, but in a different setting. Instead of them coming to me, in my room, at my table, I will go from room to room helping out. I won't have my lesson plans, I will have to do what the teachers have planned for my group.
I'm keeping an open mind, but I will miss what I have now.....
and I'm sure Scream would be happier if I was better paid......

clownpuncher
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks for all the years you put in helping protect our homes........ I've been through some nasty scares living in the heart of Fire country, the last one being last summer - and I respect the hell out of what you guys do.
Traci ~
Thanks ;) After such a long time doing what I love, it's gonna be a strange transition. I can still live vicariously through my friends still on the job and my bro-in law who works up in your country. It's been a good 21 years.

NOTALENT
03-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Im plan on leaving soon...Once I get my R.E License...I have a job lined up once I do...And I just got asked to move to NY..in August..in upper Manhattan..with some girls..500 a month rent..totally cheap...I am really thinking hard about it..I have been wanting to..and that the oppurtunity is here...I just may take it..

jdogginla
03-09-2005, 02:34 PM
My job used to be my passion............but I'm over it. Hollywood Sucks ass! I'm just waiting to find a financial backer for my restaraunt.........then I'll be in heaven!

clownpuncher
03-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I love my job :D
However it will soon be changing and I'm not really looking forward to that. I will still be working with kids, but in a different setting. Instead of them coming to me, in my room, at my table, I will go from room to room helping out. I won't have my lesson plans, I will have to do what the teachers have planned for my group.
I'm keeping an open mind, but I will miss what I have now.....
and I'm sure Scream would be happier if I was better paid......
Tell him you want 50,000k a year to count turkeys :D

JetBoatRich
03-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Just found another job this morning :D just need to give notice and i am out of here :D

barbigrl
03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
My job is basically my HB sponser..... My boss whines too much and I know I can get paid a lot more somewhere else.....that would entail a commute though....

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Just found another job this morning :D just need to give notice and i am out of here :D
Way to go Rich! Good luck!
Rick

Debbolas
03-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Tell him you want 50,000k a year to count turkeys :D
LOL :D

Mrs.Racer277
03-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I usually really enjoy my job. :) :) B U T today I HATE it. :yuk:

Bre
03-09-2005, 02:48 PM
I need a job first.. .then I can answer the poll :hammerhea

Ziggy
03-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I need a job first.. .then I can answer the poll :hammerhea
Oh come now, I envy your job. You get to stay home with the kids. I'd love to go back time and be home for my kids. You've got the coolest but one of the toughest jobs around...you should be proud.

diggler
03-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I love the job. :)
I hate the Bay Area. :(

phebus
03-09-2005, 03:00 PM
As a fireman, I've had the dream job. I couldn't have picked a better profession.
But, I just had my second back surgery, and they are in the process of scheduling a third, so my days are over. My back is history, and I have permanent nerve injuries.
The idea of being retired out from a job I love is killing me.
Tough times!!! :frown:

Bre
03-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Oh come now, I envy your job. You get to stay home with the kids. I'd love to go back time and be home for my kids. You've got the coolest but one of the toughest jobs around...you should be proud.
I know I am. I just feel bad that Andy works a crap load of OT so I can stay home. And Andy hates his job :squiggle: :D

BarryMac
03-09-2005, 03:05 PM
My job cuts into my HB posting time... :) :)
J/K, I like my job but after eleven years I am thinking of a change, the bad thing is that there are not alot of positions out there for what I do. Maybe a carrer change is in the works, I've been thinking of selling BMW's for a living... :D :D :D

Her454
03-09-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm going to retire and buy a Marina somewhere..................... :D

Tom Brown
03-09-2005, 03:08 PM
I'd like to complain about my working conditions but I'm keying this post in at work right now.
Sure, I can't sit here all day pressing F5 every 10 seconds but I number many of my coworkers among my closest friends and it's not like I'm starving. Being happy with your job is partly about expectations. We can't all be paid for having orgasms.

BarryMac
03-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry for the second post, I'm really not working on my post count.
Thanks to ClownPuncher and Phebus for your wonderful service, you are both working or retiring from what was my dream job, I was atending the Fire Academy but working a part time job when I was injured in a Industrial accident, unfortunately I was unable to finish because of it. My hats off to the Fireman and Policeman, you are the true heros of the communities...

phebus
03-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Me too!! I'm going to buy a Marina, and not let any quiet boats launch. power it up, or get out!!
That's it, I'm going to go from an asshole, to a retired asshole. :D

Debbolas
03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Can I work for you? :wink:

Ziggy
03-09-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm gonna go find me an island to buy.

RP1
03-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Great job... Three months vacation a year, plus I can retire @ 90% of my pay while I can still enjoy it at fifty years young.
Plus I dig the work I do. It's a great feeling to catch a murderer or rapist using science.
Oh, and don't believe the crap you see on those CSI programs... it's entertainment :rolleyes:

Jbb
03-09-2005, 03:38 PM
I wanted to be a Blimp Pilot.... :frown:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I quit the grocery industry after 17 years in October to substitute teach until I finish my credential. I should have quit years ago. Although I am anxious to get my own classroom, I love subbing and I am learning a TON!! I have very few bad days, actually, I've only had 2 bad days since October. The rest have been great. Plus, I get to absolutely make my own schedule.

rivrbrat
03-09-2005, 04:10 PM
I really hate my job. Been there 13 years and need something new. Our busy period is during the summer and it always tries to interfere with our river trips. But I don't let it if you know what I mean... Cough Cough ;)

Her454
03-09-2005, 04:12 PM
I really hate my job. Been there 13 years and need something new. Our busy period is during the summer and it always tries to interfere with our river trips. But I don't let it if you know what I mean... Cough Cough ;)
Isn't flu season right around our Hogan Cliff Run? :D :D

Unforgiven
03-09-2005, 04:26 PM
It lets me race, pays the bills and spend money on loved ones..but if I could be racing fulltime I'd retire from this place!!

AvengerBabe
03-09-2005, 04:32 PM
My job can be really frustrating... It is always a challenge every single day, which I look forward to most of the time, but I can think of a thousand things I would much rather do for a living. So, my answer: It's fine, pays the bills.

OGShocker
03-09-2005, 04:34 PM
I love my job! It's the customers, employees and vendors that drive me NuTz! :wink:

99 232 baja
03-09-2005, 04:45 PM
I love my job, great benes , and after 21 yrs I only have 9 or less to go for full retirement at age 50. Then I will be able to hang with my family full time from then on.

Music to my Ears
03-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I love what I do, professional musician, but my day gig at Disneyland is wearing on me. The freelance work is great but not enough of it. :hammerhea Thinking of going into entertainment management and playing on the side.

WYRD
03-09-2005, 05:18 PM
JOB WHAT JOB? :crossx:

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 05:27 PM
God I love my job, But lately it has been cutting in to my posting on HB

AirtimeLavey
03-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Yep, I got a great job...except for occasional screwball management ideas. I sell air(time), and the pay, hours, stress-level, etc., can't be beat. Been at it for almost 10 years, and while I've considered changing on occasion, can't find anything else like it. :D :D Only down-side, is dealing w/knucklehead business owners who don't have a clue on how to market their business, and basically succeed in spite of themselves and a lot of luck... :hammer2:

chub
03-09-2005, 06:08 PM
I've got a fun job with lot's of big toy's to play with. I just don't like the stress and ramifications of a mistake. Everyday I go to work could be my last day. 1 mistake and you're gone. Try being on you're best game at 0400 on a Sunday morning after working Saturday too. That's why I get Union bucks!

Big Bear
03-09-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm a union crane operater and I love my profession. Like Chub said, "lots of big toys to play with". Certain amount of pressure and stress though. If I make a mistake, people can die, including me. Some jobs are a lot of fun and some downright suck!! The one I'm on right now sucks but it is relatively close to home so I guess I'll hang in there for a while.

MAINEVENT
03-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I love my job i get paid for what i know not what i do LOL bennies good pay but i dont want to work for "The Man" for the rest of my life i will not promote any higher until someone retires which will be 13 to 15 years so, and i dont want to do this until i am forty so i think to really answer "It pay's the bills and habits" plus it keeps the wifey home :D

MAINEVENT
03-09-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm a union crane operater and I love my profession. Like Chub said, "lots of big toys to play with". Certain amount of pressure and stress though. If I make a mistake, people can die, including me. Some jobs are a lot of fun and some downright suck!! The one I'm on right now sucks but it is relatively close to home so I guess I'll hang in there for a while.
Are you working the hotel on Lindero just curious its close to you :confused:

Big Bear
03-09-2005, 07:04 PM
No I am working on a micro-tunnelimg job in Oxnard. The only thing going right on this job is my paycheck each Friday! :D

Jrocket
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
This goes the same for me.Some of the customers are flat out idiots to work with but for the most part,its a cool job.
Who you working for now Big Bear?

vegasriverjunkie
03-09-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm self employed and its so hard to leave and work for anyone else. I guess I like what I do but there are some days I wish I stayed in bed.

mtndewdrops
03-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I am bored with my job, 20+ years in Design Engineering in the Aerospace Industry doing CAD has been a good career, but I would like to try something else. Too bad I make so much money that I have become a prisoner of my own greed and I just keep coming back to work. :mad:

CJ
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Wow, more than I thought love their jobs.
My full time job is DADDY! Gotta love that. For fun, I am a Real Estate Appraiser and Web Host. Both passions of mine!

1978 Rogers
03-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Myself and our controller are in the process of buying out one of the owners of the company I work for. So' I'll be happier once this is all finished and I become an officer of the company.

slink
03-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Isn't that one of those "Oxy Moron's"......I thought all you fire guys were R.O.D (Retired on duty) :D..........J/K Congrats though. Well deserved.

redneckgirl
03-10-2005, 02:42 PM
I love my job... it is a dream job for me!!!! :D :D
RNG

AzLakeLizard
03-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Mine works for me.. there are days I really miss my higher paying job but this one helps pay the bills and the benies are very nice! Get those Houseboats for a great price and discounted lake gas (around a buck off). So in the long run it is all good! (especially in the summer woohoo) :D

Boozer
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I really like doing detailing and I have gotten really good at what I do. However, I am REALLY sick of California and am actually considering some jobs in Havasu. Luckily I have a full time employee who's capable of doing one hell of a job and might be taking over my business in the near future if everything pans out the way it should.

Desert Rat
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I love my job. I work special instrumentation in flight research for NASA. Unfortunately NASA is looking at pretty much getting out of the aeronautical end and that most likely means down sizing...nice word huh. In other words looking for work at 48. And people wonder why Airbus is kicking our ass! :yuk:

Dr. Eagle
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I do. But did I mention I HATE MY COMMUTE? ;)
Where you commuting to?????? :confused:

Dr. Eagle
03-10-2005, 03:21 PM
I used to love the work I do. Now the industry has grown from a mom and pop type to big corporations... used to be a lot of fun...
Not any more... :hammer2:

LOWRIVER2
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
My current position is bitchen,
paid to workout, everyone I work with had to/(still do every 4 months) pass a PFQ to get in ( peers are motivated to work-team players), take home car, fun toys to play with.
All that for a watch in 17 years(knock on wood).
Yep, definately a perfect match for me.