PDA

View Full Version : Harley or Vette? Anybody got connections??

Big Bear
03-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Klr is a tough act to follow, but what the hell!! Both are on my list and I was convinced when I got my tax return I would be buying my first ever Harley. That was until my ol'lady said she would be more excited about a new Vette. I can buy the bike myself but we would have to sell her Lexus and pool our resources to swing the Vette. So while I am sorting out this dilemma, my question is this. Does anybody out there have a line on good deals on either of these toys??? :D

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Klr is a tough act to follow, but what the hell!! Both are on my list and I was convinced when I got my tax return I would be buying my first ever Harley. That was until my ol'lady said she would be more excited about a new Vette. I can buy the bike myself but we would have to sell her Lexus and pool our resources to swing the Vette. So while I am sorting out this dilemma, my question is this. Does anybody out there have a line on good deals on either of these toys??? :D
CALL JAY, PHOTOGLOU
714-552-0300
he will give you the best price and no bullshit...
he will have it deliveried to your door step on a flat bed and do the paper work in your house...
They are still arent given deals....

al cole'holic
03-09-2005, 07:13 PM
..that's funny, I haven't been able to get on the forums in almost 2 weeks and this is the first thread I find! I am actually leaving at 5 am to Denver to bring back a 40' hauler full of custom choppers as I am opening a new showroom here and starting my new biz venture with LiberatorMotorcycles.com!! I am sure there is something in the trailer that would suit you perfect :D
Holy Shiat Big Bear, I just noticed you live in Simi...my showroom is opening up on the pass!!!

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 07:21 PM
When is opening day, We will stop in......

al cole'holic
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
When is opening day, We will stop in......
I have set a target date of May 1 for a grand opening blow out! :)

jdogginla
03-09-2005, 07:28 PM
I'll check my pm's..........but someone on here just invested in a custom bike company..........Really nice bikes. He was supposed to call me when the got here, coming from Colorado or something. Be right back.....I'll go check

jdogginla
03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Ahhhh never mind.........he posted above, LOL. I started typing and then got a phone call. By the time I hit the enter button.......Wallla there he is.

al cole'holic
03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
I'll check my pm's..........but someone on here just invested in a custom bike company..........Really nice bikes. He was supposed to call me when the got here, coming from Colorado or something. Be right back.....I'll go check
...that was me, and I am finally leaving on a plane at 5 am to get the damn ball rolling!!

al cole'holic
03-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Things have been extremely crazy the last couple of weeks and my brain is pretty much spinning! I guess it's pretty serious when I completely move my 10,000sq' warehouse to a new location in 7 days and secure a location for a bike showroom at the same time!! :supp:

jdogginla
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
U still have the black bike with the spider web stich'n (Bad Jeni)? Daddy also likes Bob's Zippers blue bike.......NICE

Big Bear
03-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks Klr!! We are going to Cormier Chevy on Sat. after we get done with our taxes. They have 28 C6s in stock which will be perfect to compare colors options and such. Then I will back her into a corner and "try" to get her to commit one way or the other. I'm not even sure if my big ass will fit comfortably in a Vette but dammit I sure as hell will bring a big shoehorn just in case. If we get serious I will give Jay a call.
As for you Al cole'holic, I would love to come see your showroom when you get it open. It boils down to bike or Vette and if we dont go the car route, I was thinking of a Dyna Wide Glide. Never owned a Harley and I just figured I would get a stock bike to break myself in with. Dont know if I am a custom chopper kind of guy, but you bet your life I will be there when you get up and running.

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Here is what i wrote a few months back about Jay, If you decide the motorcycle, Give alcoleholic your first shot.....
I never met Jay Photoglue. I heard from IN2MX that he purchased a Cheby from Jay and was singing praise and telling tall tales about Jay. So hearing these fairy tales I had to check for myself. I P.M.ed Jay on here and the next thing you know he is calling the house. He gets all my info and finds out what it is that I want. Two days later, he calls and says your truck is on the way to your house. Next thing I know, a saleman is here dropping off the wifes new truck I sign a few papers and he is off and my wife is in here new truck. all in less than 10 mintues
That was one of the easiest things I have ever done in life.
So I call Jay to thank him and make a joke about a vette.
He says you want a vette its yours. He calls me the next day and says the vette will be dropped off tommorrow (wifes B-day). Im having it trailered to your house. I said I have to pass your dealership tommorrow, so I will pick it up. He says, Im in havasu, I wont be there to meet you. Is that is ok, I say no problem.
So I arrive and the sales man is waiting for me, Car is on the floor of the showroom with a huge sold sign and my name on it. Talk about feeling like a million bucks. I sign a few papers and 10 mintues later, im on my way.
Jay was up front gave me a price on both vehicles which I knew was INCREDIBLE.
If all sales people showed half of the compassion for their customers that Jay does , they would learn alot.
I would recommend to anyone that Jay is the only person you should ever buy a chevy from.

Big Bear
03-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Hey Klr, Thanks for the testimonial on Jay. You've got me convinced. She's getting more and more interested in the Vette! I better not get too cocky and pat myself on the back just yet, but we have been talking about it over dinner and she is interested in going on Sat. to look. What year is your Vette? I love the C6 but could save serious $ on an ultra-low mileage 03 or 04. If we get serious I will call Jay. DAMM, I hope I can fit in them, without the shoehorn!!

al cole'holic
03-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey Klr, Thanks for the testimonial on Jay. You've got me convinced. She's getting more and more interested in the Vette! I better not get too cocky and pat myself on the back just yet, but we have been talking about it over dinner and she is interested in going on Sat. to look. What year is your Vette? I love the C6 but could save serious $ on an ultra-low mileage 03 or 04. If we get serious I will call Jay. DAMM, I hope I can fit in them, without the shoehorn!!
...In that case, I can also vouch for my boy Jay since I bought a 2500 D-max and 3/4 ton Suburban from him last year :D

PHOTOGLOU
03-09-2005, 09:14 PM
I have a friend who is trying to sell 04 coupe to get an 05 conv she is asking 33.5K it is drk gray a/t hope this helps a little we also have 7 vettes on the ground right now al cole holic is a great customer too.... would never want to take business from him and I am also thinking about a Harley

Garrddogg
03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
KRACKhead

PHOTOGLOU
03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
I just finished my post and noticed al cole holic put one up please note the times 3 minutes apart I am not kissing ass just pointing out the truth

al cole'holic
03-09-2005, 09:18 PM
I have a friend who is trying to sell 04 coupe to get an 05 conv she is asking 33.5K it is drk gray a/t hope this helps a little we also have 7 vettes on the ground right now al cole holic is a great customer too.... would never want to take business from him and I am also thinking about a Harley
Jay, you will always have "pick of the litter" in my book :D
Now, just decide which one....
http://www.cycletrader.com/dealer.html?2815184

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 09:25 PM
i have an 05 vette, Got it in Nov ........
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC00293.JPG

Big Bear
03-09-2005, 09:36 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! The Vette is pretty too!
You are a lucky man Klr, I salute you!
How do you like the Vette so far? Is it your first or have you had another one to compare with? Anything about the car you dont like? I hear they run like a scalded dog. If I went with a C5 it would have to be a Z06 cuz I wouldn't want to give up the 50 horses. I compromised with the 496 when I bought my boat, I want a Vette that flys!!

Kilrtoy
03-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah it flys Everything written about it is TRUE.....
I have owned a 2002 Mustang gt
and back in 93 a 300Z car...
I thought those were sports cars.....
no those are kids cars, the vette is a true sports car......
Down side, you can never really unleash this car without a risk of getting in serious trouble....

MAINEVENT
03-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Down side, you can never really unleash this car without a risk of getting in serious trouble..
Come on you just told me you did 130 down the 101 OH wait the 101 does'nt go any faster than 15 mph :hammer2: my bad :wink:

SBullet
03-09-2005, 10:12 PM
i have an 05 vette, Got it in Nov ........
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC00293.JPG
Beautiful Car with a Beautiful Wife! Nice!! :D

MagicMtnDan
03-09-2005, 11:39 PM
FYI: you CAN get coupes (Vette) for less than MSRP if you shop around. I've heard of a number of people buying them for as much as $2500 off of sticker (MSRP). www.corvetteforum.com
Oh yeah, definitely talk to Photoglou. I've heard he's a straight shooter and will do right by you.

Big Bear
03-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Talked to Jay (Photoglue) today. First impressions go a long way with me and he sure as hell has my business if I buy a Vette!!! He did cool my jets a bit when he told me he did not think I would fit too comfortably. He is up-front and honest!!!.........Does anybody know any surgeons that specialize in shortening legs??? I may be too f#*king tall!!! :mad:

Kilrtoy
03-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Just buy the Convertible and always drive with the top down......

Big Bear
03-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Wont do me much good if the bottom of the dash is putting dents in my shins. :confused: I will find out on Sat. whether I can pursue the Vette or turn my attention to a bike!! :D

PHOTOGLOU
03-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Wont do me much good if the bottom of the dash is putting dents in my shins. :confused: I will find out on Sat. whether I can pursue the Vette or turn my attention to a bike!! :D
Just go borrow Kilr's tonight. Then he can see how cool it looks at 130MPH when he's on his m/c

Big Bear
03-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a great idea!! :D Somehow I think Mrs. Klrtoy might not give up the keys too easy :idea:

dicudmore
03-11-2005, 07:21 AM
we have a couple 03 and or 04's right down the street from ya in stock :hammerhea :hammer2:
If you can't buy it in town....then for sure Jay is the guy to call :D