PDA

View Full Version : Topock + PG&E +Cr6 Update

Not So Fast
03-10-2005, 07:32 AM
This mornings news reports that PG&E will conduct tests on the Arizona side of the river because of ADEQ concerns that the ground water has been contaminated with Cr6 in the Topock and Gloden Shores area. PG&E says the tests that show contamination are 70 feet below the rivers elevation! They also told us that last August the plume was 125 feet from the river but now estimate it's only 60 feet away hence the concern of ADEQ. Some how I just don't trust PG&E's findings. The contamination levels are about 6 to 7 times above California water standards. Bells and whistles should be going off everwhere dont you think or do the well wishers still think that big business would do nothing to harm the people for the sake of money!! Oh yeah, it will be OK because they are extracting 70 gallons a minute or 26,000 gallons a day, are you kidding me,this plume must be huge and thats a drop in the bucket!! They have had 1 well pumping, thats it!!! Just my 2 pennies NSF

Catatonic
03-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Crap, everytime I hear PG&E I get nervous..it's Erin Brocovich all over again only this time it affects all of us directly.

pixilatedpussy
03-10-2005, 08:30 AM
so what now? Are they gonna fix it??? I hope so!!!

Mrs. casean
03-10-2005, 08:36 AM
This is so concerning for all of us... I hope it gets fixed ASAP... most of us go up that way and get in the water to play... I appreciate the updates!

Havasu_Dreamin
03-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Well, at least ADEQ is getting involved and doing what they can. Perhaps with pressure from both States this will be resolved faster.

OutCole'd
03-10-2005, 09:21 AM
This is scary shit. Thanks for the updates NSF.