PDA

View Full Version : Cingular Sucks

Kindsvater Flat
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I had to do the switch from At&t to cingular. Before I was paying around 110/month for 2 phones. Now I just got my bill and its 137. The ass told me it would be cheaper. So the last 30 days after buying 2 new phones (300), paying remaining balance of At&t (50)... I'm not happy. Phones suck, service sucks or just the idiot I got. Not to mention I have all the handsfree stuff mounted already in my pickup for my nokia that I can't use with any phones offered by cingular. :mad:

bigerich
03-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, but, the spokeswoman is hot. There has to be some form of something good in everything, right? Slick sales people are even worse.

emjay
03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
I had to do the switch from At&t to cingular. Before I was paying around 110/month for 2 phones. Now I just got my bill and its 137. The ass told me it would be cheaper. So the last 30 days after buying 2 new phones (300), paying remaining balance of At&t (50)... I'm not happy. Phones suck, service sucks or just the idiot I got. Not to mention I have all the handsfree stuff mounted already in my pickup for my nokia that I can't use with any phones offered by cingular. :mad:
What plan do you have? I had ATT & had to change over.
I have a Nationwide family plan for $59 (850 mins + free nites & weekends)
I also added my mom & dad for $10 each.
The taxes F*** you cuz they're almost 20% of the base cost.
You should be able to find a plan online & update your service.
Usually they let you change plans with no penaltys,
as long as you continue to be a customer.
Check it out online, or go back to the "Guy" and complain!
Overpaying $30-$50 / mo. is a lot of boat parts over the next 2 years.
http://onlinestore1.cingular.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ES_PROD_RATE.jsp?curTabName=Featured%20Plans&storeId=11451&catalogId=11451&langId=-1&storeAlias=scalax&svcAreaId=SBC&isFamilyTalkFlow=false&subOrderId=1

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Wow Mike, with posts like this your gonna be a big hit in here...lol :sleeping: :smile:

Kindsvater Flat
03-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm on the 79 dollar deal + 1 phone. The family deal. Ended up with about 100 minutes to rollover. Also have the 2.99 text plan on each phone also.

Kindsvater Flat
03-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Wow Mike, with posts like this your gonna be a big hit in here...lol :sleeping: :smile:
Come on Chief...... give a guy a break:D

Dr. Eagle
03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Cingular is who I am building cell sites for in Northern California. I went to the store to get a new phone recently and was told I had to convert my all you can use for $99 a month to same money for 2000 minutes.
I decided I'd keep the old phone. I do have that same Nokia car kit as you, another reason I don't want to change phones. But the damn battery terminals are looking pretty bad and the phone turns itself off all the time.
You can buy new ones on ebay that are unlocked, but you end up paying full boat for the phone.
Nokia does have a decent looking bluetooth car kit, that's probably what I'll have to do when this phone finally croaks...
I really didn't appreciate the attitude of the person in the store though. Pretty uppity :220v:

Kindsvater Flat
03-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Cingular is who I am building cell sites for in Northern California. I went to the store to get a new phone recently and was told I had to convert my all you can use for $99 a month to same money for 2000 minutes.
I decided I'd keep the old phone. I do have that same Nokia car kit as you, another reason I don't want to change phones. But the damn battery terminals are looking pretty bad and the phone turns itself off all the time.
You can buy new ones on ebay that are unlocked, but you end up paying full boat for the phone.
Nokia does have a decent looking bluetooth car kit, that's probably what I'll have to do when this phone finally croaks...
I really didn't appreciate the attitude of the person in the store though. Pretty uppity :220v:
From what I understand its voluntary right now but within the next year at&t will fade out.

Rexone
03-10-2005, 11:23 PM
All phone companys suck. :notam:

LOWRIVER2
03-11-2005, 06:09 AM
Amen!

Dr. Eagle
03-11-2005, 06:46 AM
From what I understand its voluntary right now but within the next year at&t will fade out.
Not voluntary, unless you mean you don't have to convert unless you want to buy a phone from Cingular to replace your older phone. They told me they won't sell anyone a phone with an existing AT&T plan without converting it to a Cingular plan. Now in a year, they'll convert it anyway, but I still have until December of January on this plan...
I found a Nokia store on Ebay and they have unlocked phones you can buy and put your SIM card in. I think I may just get one of those phones (in case my Nokia finally dies) and wait till the plan runs out, then decide if I will switch carriers. :eat:

cdog
03-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Verizon is'nt much better, justs costs more. I was looking at getting cingular just to save some money over verizon. They all have bad areas and crappy service. So far sprint was the best service for the price.