PDA

View Full Version : Went to Castaic today and...

emjay
03-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Had a great time. Brought the GF "Julie" & her beagle "Gizmo".
Couldn't wait any longer to get the flat wet again!
Very little debris & junk in the water.
Seems they are letting some water out, so the floating twigs,
branches & crap have all drifted onto shore.
Very little beach area yet, but we saw a 2 foot water level drop
just while we were there. (Some level does return overnight)
Not too murky, just don't idle in real shallow water.
Got a few "runs" in. :2purples: :D
I don't know who had a bigger grin on their face all day...
.... me or that beagle!

Mrs.Racer277
03-10-2005, 08:07 PM
That's great news. We went about a month ago and it was not so pretty. But any day on the lake is still a good day. :)

MudPumper
03-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Did you get any hassle for noise??????

emjay
03-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Did you get any hassle for noise??????
No problem wth noise. (but I know how to make some):p
The Police boat was there. They waved & said "Hi",
and then left us alone. I run baffles and water injection to
the headers. I show some "vapor" leaving the ramp,
then turn off most of the water and run alot more dry.
Weekdays USUALLY are pretty cool there. I stay away weekends
like most of us. Too many newbie maniacs have ruined it for the
rest of us. :mad:

MudPumper
03-10-2005, 09:45 PM
I usually go there once or twice during the week just to relax after work. I usually get checked for baffles and that's about it. I'm just wondering if they are going to be testing at the ramp because if they do, I'm screwed.

JustMVG
03-11-2005, 01:42 AM
We're going out on the 25th for Good Friday, anyone else going that day lets meet up. Just look for me and this boat!! :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85ultrasweet_at_pru-med.jpg
MikeVG

Hallett19
03-11-2005, 02:17 AM
Thinking about going sunday.... I know, not the best day to go but my work schedule only allows sunday boating, grrrrrr....
I hope the weather keeps up and the crowd doesnt arrive early, wish me luck. On the other hand, I'm glad to hear the yellow boats are keeping it cool.

Flying Tiger
03-11-2005, 05:26 AM
I got a few pix out there yesterday with Chester Cheetah, got a couple of your Dragoncraft too.
I'll post them later.
BTW,
The authorities were talking to anyone showing exibitions of speed.
Did they talk to you?
Airtemp 82 deg F until well after sundown.
$20 to launch .

Speedin' Ian
03-11-2005, 06:45 AM
I'm heading out there tomorrow, hopefully they don't hassle me for no mufflers, I'm running a 25' Commander with a 502 and the exhaust exits well above the water line.

emjay
03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
BTW,
The authorities were talking to anyone showing exibitions of speed.
Did they talk to you?
Luckily,I didn't get the "talking to" this time. Been "scolded"
a buncha times and even have a couple tickets.
A) But officer, I wasn't flying, just trying to get her to take a set.
B) But officer, there was still 1/2 pedal left.
C) But officer, the dog was nudging my to go faster. :yuk:

a catered life
03-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Had a great time. Brought the GF "Julie" & her beagle "Gizmo".
Couldn't wait any longer to get the flat wet again!
Very little debris & junk in the water.
Seems they are letting some water out, so the floating twigs,
branches & crap have all drifted onto shore.
Very little beach area yet, but we saw a 2 foot water level drop
just while we were there. (Some level does return overnight)
Not too murky, just don't idle in real shallow water.
Got a few "runs" in. :2purples: :D
I don't know who had a bigger grin on their face all day...
.... me or that beagle!
funny we were there about 5 weeks ago and there was plenty of debris and junk in the water.....oh wait that was just the water cops :D

Wavemaker
03-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the update on the conditions of the ol' pond. This great warm weather is making me crazy. I have been off all week, going thru a job change. A fine time to charge the batteries, wax the hull & trailer, clean interior, grease all the usual fittings, change oil, filter & water pump impeller, grease the hubs and check the tire pressures. Install all new registration stickers. Check trailer for brake fluid, bunk bolts tightened, lights all work, coupler in perfect order etc. Check all ski ropes and equipment for any problems too. Right, that's how the week was supposed to be.
Actual week: On call for Jury Duty, court in downtown L.A., work around home, pulling weeds, trimming bushes, etc. the gardener doesn't do so good. All that rain has made the weeds, bushes, trees etc. grown so fast. Play 9 holes of golf with a friend, on way home windshield gets smacked with a big rock from a truck's tire that changed lanes just in front of me (last minute) at a freeway interchange. Get on phone to get a replacement windshield installed. Drop off vehicle for WS replacement, have wife pick me up, no vehicle until next day. Work on installing new seal and rollers on sliding glass door. Have a friend come over to help. Play 9 holes of golf and lunch at Hooters to pay friend for his help with sliding door work. Go get vehicle from glass shop. Get home to a message to get drug testing done for new job. Go to drug testing. Take wife to nice dinner. Besides all the other normal routine stuff to be accomplished around home, the boat has had to wait for me to get the time to get to work on it for after winter work.
Good news, called in every evening, no jury duty required. Thanks for calling in. I just went and bought two new batteries for the boat this morning. Up early tomorrow to prep boat & trailer for the season. I hope to head to the lake on Sunday morning. It's been a hell of a week! - Wavemaker