PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Treo 600 or 650 cell phone?

cdog
03-11-2005, 08:56 AM
I was looking at one. The look pretty cool and have lots of options. Check out the link. http://web.palmone.com/products/smartphones/treo650/index.jhtml

mbrown2
03-11-2005, 09:03 AM
I was looking at one. The look pretty cool and have lots of options. Check out the link. http://web.palmone.com/products/smartphones/treo650/index.jhtml
They are pretty cool...I used one for a while....upside...good browser, nice screen and graphics...bigger/better display then older Blackberry types...
Down side, screen gets washed out in the sun (hard to see), pocket pc wi/fi access for staying connected is less stable then current blackberry (rim) methodology. Not fun to use as a primary phone...wide/fat...need to hit key to bring up touch screen then use touch screen for dialing. You might want to try the new Blackberry 7100G (cingular)...narrower/thinner more phone like with graphics like the treo...still gets washed out thought...I have been using the 7100 for a couple weeks now.

riverbound
03-11-2005, 09:17 AM
I have the treo 600 do you have any questions about it?

It's all Good
03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I have a Treo 650 on Cingular. It is really nice. Bluetooth is a nice added bonus. I am able to send and receive email without any problems. I have had great success connecting to the data service GPRS and EDGE, even while skiing recently in Montana and Canada. I prefer the Palm platform over Pocket PC and Blackberry.

a catered life
03-11-2005, 09:49 AM
great subject i am currently looking into getting one as we speak. mrbrown how good is it as far as intergation and ease of use? i want one bad but dont want to waste my money and be upset later

cdog
03-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Well, we travel alot and it seems stupid to bring my laptop with me everywhere. If I can send a email of check to see if an offer came in on a property from this dealio, then that would be real cool. From what i've read the 650 is pretty advanced over the 600. And if I go with the bluetooth, it will be just like carring around a remote with me. Verizon does'nt offer the 650 yet but will be soon. Over all the good out weight's the the bad? I like a small cell phone but if you add all of the other stuff I have to carry around with me to do business when i'm away from my office this treo sounds like a great alternative. How do you like the task manager? I've read that it can tap into your office network.

NorCalCat
03-11-2005, 11:40 AM
I have the 650. Also have several friends that have the Blackberry. The 650 has more functionality and has more expandable memory. Plus if you are use to the Palm OS, it is real easy to use. Also has a built in mp3, camera (both pic and video) Go to www.zdnet.com you can get some real good information on the competition.

It's all Good
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I would check out a couple of other forums regarding specific applications:
treocentral.com
palminfocenter.com
Do you get offers in the form of PDF documents? If so, right now Adobe Reader for Palm will not open those attahced PDFs directly. They must be converted on your PC then downloaded to your Palm via Palm's Sync software.
I am not sure what your requirements are in regards to integrating with your office. They do support Goodlink for integration with MS Exchange. Though no support for sending attachments.
I haven't heard whether Verizon will or will not bring out the Treo 650. They want it to have EV-DO support, but it would require a major change by Palm.

cdog
03-11-2005, 11:58 AM
I would check out a couple of other forums regarding specific applications:
treocentral.com
palminfocenter.com
Do you get offers in the form of PDF documents? If so, right now Adobe Reader for Palm will not open those attahced PDFs directly. They must be converted on your PC then downloaded to your Palm via Palm's Sync software.
I am not sure what your requirements are in regards to integrating with your office. They do support Goodlink for integration with MS Exchange. Though no support for sending attachments.
I haven't heard wether Verizon will or will not bring out the Treo 650. They want it to have EV-DO support, but it would require a major change by Palm.
I talked to a verizon sales person yesterday and she said it should be avaliable in a month or two. Aparently the palm connects to the internet often to update and it charges the consumer for those minutes. So they are working out the bugs to work with their system. Seems to me you'd want the 49 dollar all you can eat program anyway.

riverbound
03-11-2005, 12:08 PM
I am on the $49 unlimited plan. You can also postw hor e from it :wink: Great for when the wife drags me to the mall.

25Elmn8r
03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
If you want Verizon(Best Service I have ever found), wait for the 650. Just the Blue tooth it self is enough for me to upgrade.

MagicMtnDan
03-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm a Treo 600 user and am very happy with it (using Sprint). I have unlimited Web access and while it's about as fast as dial up, it is a phone and it's great to have Web access almost everywhere!
It has many features including games and of course, it's also a Palm (mine uses Palm OS) so I have access to ALL of my hundreds of contacts as well as my calendar. I don't have to enter any more contacts/phone #'s in my phone manually - do it all in Outlook on my computer and synch up. Calendar items get into the Palm/phone the same way, by synching.
The Treo 650 offers a higher res screen, removable battery, and Bluetooth and I'm not sure what else. The Treo 600 is now a lot less $.
And I too recommend www.treocentral.com

mbrown2
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
great subject i am currently looking into getting one as we speak. mrbrown how good is it as far as intergation and ease of use? i want one bad but dont want to waste my money and be upset later
Get or Wait for the 650 with your carrier, and the integration to MS exchange or lotus notes is very easy and since it based on the Palm platform it will be supportable for sometime.

KACHINA KEN
03-11-2005, 06:52 PM
If you are an active person that does alot of physical on-site work like I do then don't get one. I am on my second and I am going to sell my 600. It looked like a good idea but it hasn't really worked out the way I wanted it too. Mine is Sprint and I have a Rhino Skin for it, I'll take $250 for it if you want it, i need to go back to my trusty Nokias.

Bense468
03-11-2005, 06:57 PM
I just had my cingular rep send out 650's for a few of my sales guys and myself to try. None of us like them.
To big for a normal phone. Internet access was slow for Webmail. they all would rather stay with their normal phones/laptops with wireless cards.

Dr. Eagle
03-11-2005, 07:44 PM
I have a dingleberry... er um uh blackberry. I like the email, don't care for the phone part though.

Umongus
03-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I just sold my 600 and bought a 650. HUGE difference in screen resolution. The web is great, I watch movies on it. As a matter of fact I have "Pegged" on it now on my SD card and can watch it anytime, anywhere.....right on my phone. It's a great phone, highly recommended. I kind of as gadget geek anyway!!!
Tony

Froggystyle
03-11-2005, 08:26 PM
I have Verizon and just bought the Audiovox 6500. Totally bad ass. Great EVDO, automatic linking and updating of my contacts and e-mails via broadband wireless, bluetooth for the remote headset etc...
It is huge though. Bigger than my Dell Axim. Nice little slide out keypad though.