PDA

View Full Version : Savage Marine Mufflers W/ Teague 800

UnionJack
03-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Well Steve installed my mufflers this morning, and pre-mufflers....
Operating Range 1000-1200 rpm
50' 89.6 California Test
91.4 Arizona Test
After mufflers
50' 86.9 California Test
87.1 Arizona Test

OutCole'd
03-11-2005, 11:43 AM
50' 89.6 California Test
91.4 Arizona Test
After mufflers
50' 86.9 California Test
87.1 Arizona Test
Any rpm lost?

SPECTRABRENT
03-11-2005, 11:46 AM
What do the mufflers look like?
Brent

UnionJack
03-11-2005, 01:08 PM
They are inserts, so non-visible.... unknown rpm loss, I will find out tomorrow about the rpm thing, and I will try to launch at the marina for fun

OutCole'd
03-11-2005, 01:19 PM
They are inserts, so non-visible.... unknown rpm loss, I will find out tomorrow about the rpm thing, and I will try to launch at the marina for fun
Sounds good. Please post some results when you can.

Bre
03-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Thank f-en god. We will be getting ours Easter weekend :)
Kelly....when you read this call my ass back :hammerhea :wink:

UnionJack
03-14-2005, 07:00 AM
Bre... I saw your mufflers when I was at savage on saturday...WOW they were nice :supp:
Well on saturday I attempted the launch at the marina for the hell of it. When we got to the gate they asked if I had passed there inspection yet (NO) so they said head down to the ramp and someone would be waiting. When we got to the bottom they had it all set-up we put "Jack" in the water and the guy said fire her up and let her warm-up. After a couple of minutes of warming he sat right off the back of the boat, and I saw db's from 83.5 to 89.1, the guy (who by the way was really cool) said throw her in forward to see if she would quite down.... NO 90.3 db's. He said he was sorry and I couldn't launch.
So we pulled out got our refund and headed windsor with season pass in hand and launched with no problems. I had a 28 Magic deck w/a 496 launching next to me and I must say my boat was quiter. The Mufflers are awesome, non-bolt-on so they don't look like "shite" and the boat has a great sound. We ran her up on saturday and normal top speeds at 113 @ 5950 rpm, so no loss there.
Well what else is there, I am very happy with the Savage inserts, price and performance, for those of us without swim steps I highly recommed them, when I called Savage it took less then a week to get hooked up.

OutCole'd
03-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Bre... I saw your mufflers when I was at savage on saturday...WOW they were nice :supp:
Well on saturday I attempted the launch at the marina for the hell of it. When we got to the gate they asked if I had passed there inspection yet (NO) so they said head down to the ramp and someone would be waiting. When we got to the bottom they had it all set-up we put "Jack" in the water and the guy said fire her up and let her warm-up. After a couple of minutes of warming he sat right off the back of the boat, and I saw db's from 83.5 to 89.1, the guy (who by the way was really cool) said throw her in forward to see if she would quite down.... NO 90.3 db's. He said he was sorry and I couldn't launch.
So we pulled out got our refund and headed windsor with season pass in hand and launched with no problems. I had a 28 Magic deck w/a 496 launching next to me and I must say my boat was quiter. The Mufflers are awesome, non-bolt-on so they don't look like "shite" and the boat has a great sound. We ran her up on saturday and normal top speeds at 113 @ 5950 rpm, so no loss there.
Well what else is there, I am very happy with the Savage inserts, price and performance, for those of us without swim steps I highly recommed them, when I called Savage it took less then a week to get hooked up.
That's with 800 ponies. I wonder what the Savage mufflers would do with only 525???
Kelly, I know your out there.... :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-14-2005, 07:42 AM
A legal boat was denied launching at the Marina?
Shocking...
:notam:

Essex502
03-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Yep....yet again...another LEGAL boat denied. Wait until Summer is in full swing and Windsor is full. Then what?

UnionJack
03-14-2005, 08:00 AM
I am an early launcher, and I think when it becomes time my boat is so close you will not be able to tell with 10 different boats running. My boat has a totally new sound, it's cool

Krumbsnatcher
03-14-2005, 08:05 AM
50' 89.6 California Test
91.4 Arizona Test
After mufflers
50' 86.9 California Test
87.1 Arizona Test
how do steve's mufflers work, do they divert the water or do they flow straight through, I am worried about unecessary reversion. thanks.

UnionJack
03-14-2005, 08:13 AM
how do steve's mufflers work, do they divert the water or do they flow straight through, I am worried about unecessary reversion. thanks.
It looks like IMCO's insides, so it damp-ins the sound. They cause about a 1/2 pound of back pressure. I have heard that acouple of boats with bolt-ons have had some reversion.

Havasu Hangin'
03-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Yep....yet again...another LEGAL boat denied. Wait until Summer is in full swing and Windsor is full. Then what?
Didn't the state send them a letter saying that they cannot enforce noise laws?
Maybe the Governor should get involved...
:supp:

Essex502
03-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Didn't the state send them a letter saying that they cannot enforce noise laws?
Maybe the Governor should get involved...
:supp:
Yes the State Department of Land did and the Lake Havasu Marina continues to ignore them. Arrogant SOB's.

Essex502
03-14-2005, 08:51 AM
I am an early launcher, and I think when it becomes time my boat is so close you will not be able to tell with 10 different boats running. My boat has a totally new sound, it's cool
That's EXACTLY why the Marina can't accurately measure the noise from a single boat. The presense of OTHER noise source as well as the reflecting structure where they make you test (dock and concrete wall) make any tests inaccurate. Plus the AZ law states 50' NOT 3 big steps or 10' as the more accurate Marina personnel are performing.

UnionJack
03-14-2005, 09:04 AM
I am sure the guy is doing what he is told... Do manufactures now have to quite the boats down.... What law do they have to follow?

Indiansprings
03-14-2005, 09:58 AM
What the hell are they going to do if we ignore them and put the boat in the water? :argue:

Bre
03-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Awesome.... two more weekends... and we are out there :hammer2:
Nice to know we will not be hasseled now.
They got them quick. I just talked to Kelly late last week :shift:

UnionJack
03-14-2005, 10:04 AM
they can give your driver a ticket for using the ramp, I guess

Indiansprings
03-14-2005, 10:14 AM
What law is being broken? Sounds like they are being a--holes. I really wonder if they could do anything at all.

UnionJack
03-14-2005, 10:20 AM
They can have a "Right to Refuse", and tell you to leave

Indiansprings
03-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Sucks... :hammerhea What is this world comming to? We dont like loud boats! they must have forgot that its our loud boats that bring the money there in the first place. It sure isnt the Bayliner Regatta's bringing the money. No disrespect to the Bayliners. Just venting...........

UnionJack
03-14-2005, 10:53 AM
You are correct.... I hope that we will hurt them with the lack of income....

Charley
03-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Please People // Stop Buying Gas There!

UnionJack
03-14-2005, 10:58 AM
They sell gas :idea:

Indiansprings
03-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Good one Charley. You might want to start a new topic with that one. Hit them in the pocket book. That will get them to change there tune. :rollside:

Essex502
03-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I am sure the guy is doing what he is told... Do manufactures now have to quite the boats down.... What law do they have to follow?
The boat builder only has to abide by the law in his own state.

LaveyOne
03-14-2005, 02:04 PM
It looks like IMCO's insides, so it damp-ins the sound. They cause about a 1/2 pound of back pressure. I have heard that acouple of boats with bolt-ons have had some reversion.
UJ,
How much did those bad boys run you? I'm just about to test a few for my boat, but they're all clamp-on models. I would much rather keep the look of my pipes instead of those "footballs."