PDA

View Full Version : Kachina... All!!!

Holland
03-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Going to pick mine up tomorrow... And the weather couldnt be better! Hope all is as it should be!

ahhell
03-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Wish I could go pick up my new Kachina...but i guess id have to order one first, aye.........have fun
I want this one....http://www.kachinaboats.com/stockboats/bandit/Redbandit.jpg

Mrs.Racer277
03-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Congrats. Have fun! :D

Holland
03-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Wish I could go pick up my new Kachina...but i guess id have to order one first, aye.........have fun
I want this one....http://www.kachinaboats.com/stockboats/bandit/Redbandit.jpg
I will tell Louie to put a hold on it for ya!

Garrddogg
03-11-2005, 09:03 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
Bring it to havi this weekend!!

Indiansprings
03-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Right on. We will see you out at the lake.

Kachina26
03-12-2005, 07:26 AM
I wonder if he found the chip in the gel :idea:

Indiansprings
03-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Mr. Holland, Were you there today? I looked for you today. Wanted to see that new boat. Give me the news......

SHOTKALLIN
03-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Pics!!!! :D

Procraftkev
03-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Holland was that you towing your new boat westbound on the I-40 today about 100pm Looks good! PS that trailer will tow real nice if you kick it up to about 70mph. :D

Kachina26
03-13-2005, 07:12 PM
PS that trailer will tow real nice if you kick it up to about 70mph. :D
It'll do fine at 80, trust me :D

Holland
03-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Holland was that you towing your new boat westbound on the I-40 today about 100pm Looks good! PS that trailer will tow real nice if you kick it up to about 70mph. :D
Yeah... I was you come on the on ramp and you got bored behind me real quick!!!! ha ha ha ... I did the same shortly after. Last summer I got a ticket for 60 in a 55 (With trailer... ) Fought it and lost, imagine that. 485 and point on record.... So I try to keep my foot out of it when I can. But in Az, did 75 all the way!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Holland
03-13-2005, 07:16 PM
I wonder if he found the chip in the gel :idea:
As a matter of fact....

Holland
03-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Mr. Holland, Were you there today? I looked for you today. Wanted to see that new boat. Give me the news......
Mike, isnt that a little odd typing "Mr. Holland" to someone else??? I looked for you all day, I was there from 11 to 5. Met up with a few people, mostly other Kachina peeps, but several others as well. I didnt see ya all day!
Bob

Kachina26
03-13-2005, 07:19 PM
As a matter of fact....
Check your PM's

Holland
03-13-2005, 07:22 PM
First day out with the new boat... And yall already givin me chit!!! gotta love it!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Holland
03-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Check your PM's
Shot ya back!

Indiansprings
03-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I was out there all day yesterday and today. To bad we didnt run into each other. Wanted to see that new boat on the water. Let me know how it went.

Holland
03-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Here are a few pics... The wife only got a few... I was too busy drooling over the 525!!! What a nice motor!!! Here are a few pics of me bringing Brett from the demo/delivery ride from Kachina back in so I could go play!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13750_Delivery.jpg
One on the ramp before we left...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13boat_750.jpg
Thanks for the kind words all... It has been a great weekend...
Bob

Holland
03-13-2005, 07:37 PM
I was out there all day yesterday and today. To bad we didnt run into each other. Wanted to see that new boat on the water. Let me know how it went.
Being new It was still real tight he he he But it did right at 70 most of the day! 69 -70 withOUT gps! had no problems, everything worked great, especially the ice chest... that damn thing open and closed 100's of times and never failed me!!!! :hammerhea
See ya Mike!

Filmwritin
03-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Awesome Kachina.... I have a 2004 Force 26 w/496HO - LOVE IT. Would definitely kick up to the 30' with the 525 if I was to do it all over again. I'm sold on their value and quality. Congrats on your new ride!

Holland
03-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Awesome Kachina.... I have a 2004 Force 26 w/496HO - LOVE IT. Would definitely kick up to the 30' with the 525 if I was to do it all over again. I'm sold on their value and quality. Congrats on your new ride!
Thanks FilmWritin! It is a nice ride... Now we just need some decent weather!

Beer-30
03-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey INDIANSPRINGS, I have a 30' Heritage like you were asking about in earlier posts. I just got registered and don't have full access yet, so I couldn't PM you or email you. If you are still looking, I researched for about 2 solid years before buying and I just got mine in January. I know of a few other Sleeks that are for sale. Let me know if I can help.

Beer-30
03-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Nice rig Holland! Kachina is one of my favorites. If one had been available (used) that was near what this Sleek is, I would have hooked it.
By the way, any of you going to be at Lake Mojave around May 27,28,29,30?

dicudmore
03-15-2005, 05:01 PM
looks great Holland :D
cya at the lake :D

Indiansprings
03-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Beer-30, You got PM... Last week I went and bought myself a Sleek 30'. I have had it out three times already. I love this boat. I wish I new how to post pics.

Holland
03-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Nice rig Holland! Kachina is one of my favorites. If one had been available (used) that was near what this Sleek is, I would have hooked it.
By the way, any of you going to be at Lake Mojave around May 27,28,29,30?
Unfortunately no... Going to be in Mead from june 4 to june 11th or whenever... I am going to try to get to Mojave june 4 to hook up with alot of other people... but we shall see... What is happening in May there...

Beer-30
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Indian, they still haven't set me up to access all of that (does it take awhile?) I can't post an avatar of the boat or anything. Tried to go to PM and it would let me. I will message ***boat.
Did you buy new? If not, which one? I pretty much knew of all that were for sale. There was even one (and probably the only one) in Colorado with twin 502s!!! I looked at the red '99 that Sleek/Magic had (has) there in Havasu. Had a 500HP.
HOLLAND, those numbers in May just ended up being when all of my crew could get days off w/me, the wife included. Plus, one of the couples going has a Malibu tournament boat that we always took on trips out there and to the Zoo. Just got beat up and ended up down at 10-15 mph in 12" chop! We always avoided Holidays, due to water. But now that I have a "roughwater" boat, we wanted to hit a few holiday weekends. Plus, it is one extra day that my wife doesn't have to spend vacation. And yes, we have been at Katherines during busy weekend.

Indiansprings
03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I got a 2001 from the trader. 500EFI. I will forward some pics to Holland and he will post them for me.

Holland
03-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Indian, they still haven't set me up to access all of that (does it take awhile?) I can't post an avatar of the boat or anything. Tried to go to PM and it would let me. I will message ***boat.
Did you buy new? If not, which one? I pretty much knew of all that were for sale. There was even one (and probably the only one) in Colorado with twin 502s!!! I looked at the red '99 that Sleek/Magic had (has) there in Havasu. Had a 500HP.
HOLLAND, those numbers in May just ended up being when all of my crew could get days off w/me, the wife included. Plus, one of the couples going has a Malibu tournament boat that we always took on trips out there and to the Zoo. Just got beat up and ended up down at 10-15 mph in 12" chop! We always avoided Holidays, due to water. But now that I have a "roughwater" boat, we wanted to hit a few holiday weekends. Plus, it is one extra day that my wife doesn't have to spend vacation. And yes, we have been at Katherines during busy weekend.
Beer - 30... Sounds good. maybe I can make a trip. I will have to check the schedule and let you know... But heading out the next week for a full week... that's pretty cool!!!! I will get a full seans hours of boating in just a two week period... and it is only the beginning of summer.!!!
Indiansprings... Mike, send them as attachments instead of pasted on the email.

Beer-30
03-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Feel like trying to make it to Lake Mojave on the previously mentioned dates? Plan on going for at least one dam (not damn) run, and just see more of the lake that we couldn't before.
We actually plan on leaving for home on the 30th, so no lake on that day unless we are having too much fun and decide to stay one more.
I actually picked it up near you and stayed in Goodyear that night before heading home. Tested it on Pleasant.

Indiansprings
03-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Beer-30 Tell me about your boat. What year ?? all the good stuff. send me a picture.

Beer-30
03-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Off to work right now. Will tell you all about it later. Want to know about yours. The only 500 powered one when I was looking was a 99 at Sleek that had been abused. I'm crazy about mine. Based on some of the responses you got when looking, we Heritage owners need to stick together!
I'll get back to you later. Can't post pics or email through the board right now. Waiting on access. Stingy.
Later.

Indiansprings
03-16-2005, 01:13 PM
I am headed to work now to.

Beer-30
03-17-2005, 09:06 AM
INDINANSPRINGS:
Well, I still can't post a pic but here goes.
2001 with an HO and Bravo-1 (not X). It has two red strips running along the side with the white rub-rail between them. At the back, they turn into the large checker-board design and wraps around the swim step. Mid-cuddy/open, snap-in carpet (grey), Gaffrig II gauges with red bezels, moderate stereo. No trim tabs or steering.
A kid that worked (or maybe still works) at Sleek/Magic in Phoenix built the boat. I believe he had it for a year or so and sold it to the guy I bought it from in Scottsdale. He had it for the remainder of the time. 165 hours when I bought it in Jan.
Its on a beautiful ZIEMAN trailer with chrome alloys and stainless fenders. Disc brakes as well. Changing it over to LEDs next month.
I am amidst fixing the rear seat bases. The previous owner obviously did not flip the seats up after long days of wet use. The wood got soft and the screws have pulled out from those nifty hinges. Just yesterday, I took one of the bases to a good uph shop here in town and he knew just what to do. They are going to cut new boards and then fiberglass them. He also has some cool "T-nuts" that are a threaded metal insert that locks into wood. It shouldn't happen again after that.

Indiansprings
03-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Sounds like a nice boat. Holland posted a few pics of my boat down on the page. Mine is a 01 as well. We got lucky and got Zeiman trailers. I think they build a nice trailer. Let me know when you are going to take it out.