PDA

View Full Version : Photograph Ticket in LA........will it come in the mail??

HavasuDreamin'
03-14-2005, 08:25 AM
So I am heading back to LAX via the 105 and to make a long story short, I end up on Praire Ave. where I go through a yellow light.................and boom flash photography! :2purples:
I was in a rental car. Is a ticket going to show up in my mail box in Indiana? :hammerhea

hoolign
03-14-2005, 08:26 AM
Crystal ball is in the repair shop so ..I'm just gonna guess at this one....Yes..final answer..yes :D

HocusPocus
03-14-2005, 08:39 AM
you will end up with the ticket.. it may take a little longer due to the fact you were in a rental car.. but its on the way.

riverbound
03-14-2005, 09:03 AM
It depends, if you entered the intersection when it was yellow and it turned red after you were in the interesection you will not recieve a ticket at all. The cameras are set up to take a pic as soon as the light turns red. so sometimes it will flash but you wont get a ticket. If any part of your car was in the intersection before the light turned red you are ok. I have fought quite a few red light tickets this way. but the cameras also show where the car was at yellow and where the car was at at red. If you are before the line at the red you will be recieving a ticket in the mail.

HavasuDreamin'
03-14-2005, 10:15 AM
It depends, if you entered the intersection when it was yellow and it turned red after you were in the interesection you will not recieve a ticket at all. The cameras are set up to take a pic as soon as the light turns red. so sometimes it will flash but you wont get a ticket. If any part of your car was in the intersection before the light turned red you are ok. I have fought quite a few red light tickets this way. but the cameras also show where the car was at yellow and where the car was at at red. If you are before the line at the red you will be recieving a ticket in the mail.
If this is the case, I should be fine. I was in the middle of the intersection. It was one of those situations where I could have slammed the brakes and stopped, or just cruised through. I was definately in the intersection when it flashed. We'll see what happens. :crossx:

Kilrtoy
03-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Those cameras dont take pics of yellow lights.... Maybe there was another car that came thru the other direction late and not you.....
On the other hand maybe you perceived a yellow when in fact it was red.....