PDA

View Full Version : For those who shoot handguns?

cdog
03-15-2005, 03:58 PM
What brand of round do your prefer?
In my glock 9mm i've used damm near every brand to try them out.
I've found that the remmington rounds seem to have a lot of black soot/exhaust out of the barrel. The PMC round feels the same. But the Fiocchi rounds feel like they have a little more recoil to them, even though the have the same grain load. Has anyone tried the wolf brand? I have'nt tried them yet because of the aluminum casing's. I'm not suppost to use them on my AR so I don't know if there OK in a glock. Comments?

SoCal_fun
03-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Fiocchi, all the way in my Glock mdl 19 9mm. Nice clean round.

djunkie
03-15-2005, 04:46 PM
I like the fiocchi stuff. Magtech has some nice rounds to. I try to stay away from wolf and some of the other dirty rounds. Spend a little more on better ammo and spend less time on the clean up.

Chris Winn
03-15-2005, 05:09 PM
stay away from wolf!
they jammed my Hk so bad a gunsmith had to unjam it, and the hk can digest just about anything!

kp216
03-15-2005, 05:25 PM
For all of our qualification and training, we use Speer Lawman. That's in the Glock .40
For duty use, Winchester Ranger SXT

Kilrtoy
03-15-2005, 05:25 PM
I use nothing but remmington, But i clean my guns alot....
Dont care if they get black or what not.... It boils down to what makes you happy

Flying Tiger
03-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Ain't no one reload more than me,,, no one.
Dupont powder is Da Finest kine.
ALL other powders suck.
Stop me any time and I will give you a handful of 9mm rounds of my custom loads, for free, and you be the judge.
I carry several hundred round on the boat/truck for samples to my friends.
Finest kine reloads by the Cassanova. Absolute anal control of the re-loading process. Federal quality, no duds.
Danny Badblown you have a box of 9mm XTP federal loads coming when I see you next.
XTP = Extreem Terminal Penetration. A whole new defination of hollowpoint.
Youre talking to the gunpowder meister here.

Flying Tiger
03-15-2005, 06:18 PM
WE should consider a Parker/Havasu LEO's VS HB's/RRL target shooting Tourney for charity.
A charity of the LEO's choice.

PowellScooter
03-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Never ever use that aluminum crap, it will jam or stovepipe and mess up your weapon.. I like the Winchester stuff in my Browning 9 and in the S-W 357 the PMC works really well. I have about several rounds of the good stuff for each hand gun I load in them when I travel. I like to mix the rounds in the magazine on the 9, I have a snake load or two then hardballs followed by some hollow points that are filled with mercury, just to be sure ;). Cause like my old wise friend said, "one never knows"

Unforgiven
03-15-2005, 06:23 PM
What brand of round do your prefer?
In my glock 9mm i've used damm near every brand to try them out.
I've found that the remmington rounds seem to have a lot of black soot/exhaust out of the barrel. The PMC round feels the same. But the Fiocchi rounds feel like they have a little more recoil to them, even though the have the same grain load. Has anyone tried the wolf brand? I have'nt tried them yet because of the aluminum casing's. I'm not suppost to use them on my AR so I don't know if there OK in a glock. Comments?
On my carry I use the winchester SXT....for my home use...original BLACK TALON. gotta love that 40 cal..

Mardonzi
03-15-2005, 06:45 PM
In the auto-loaders, I shoot Remington Ball for practice,, Hell, I'd clean it after shooting it no matter how much or what brand I put through it.. As far as carry rounds.. Federal Hydro-shoks,, all the way...
In the contender, or wheelguns that I load for, IMR or Herc powders have always worked pretty good for me,,,

Bob Hostetter
03-15-2005, 07:11 PM
For the 9mm the Winchester SXT 127gr +P+ is about the best.........
Count me in for the tournament.........

cdog
03-15-2005, 07:27 PM
I believe every round i've bought so far has had 115 gr. . The fiocchi rounds feel like they have a little more kick to them.

nielly
03-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Winchester SXT +P+, Only Glock, H&K, Sig and Baretta can shoot the round.

moneypit
03-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Ain't no one reload more than me,,, no one.
Dupont powder is Da Finest kine.
ALL other powders suck.
Stop me any time and I will give you a handful of 9mm rounds of my custom loads, for free, and you be the judge.
I carry several hundred round on the boat/truck for samples to my friends.
Finest kine reloads by the Cassanova. Absolute anal control of the re-loading process. Federal quality, no duds.
Danny Badblown you have a box of 9mm XTP federal loads coming when I see you next.
XTP = Extreem Terminal Penetration. A whole new defination of hollowpoint.
Youre talking to the gunpowder meister here.
Soun lik da Cajun Bullet chef were born. Suuuey!! oink oink oink!! Whooo dats Hot!!

77charger
03-15-2005, 09:09 PM
i reload for all my guns i shoot for handgun .45auto
dillion press
5.0 grains bullseye powder
230grain west coast bullet
misc cases
cci primers
end up in the 850fps range if i remember correctly.I chrono all my loads but stick with the most accurate.
I also got some nice black talon hollowpoints in 230 grain that need to be loaded but these will be done in .45 super using trimmed .308 rifle brass and a couple of mods to my gun these will be very fast but for home use