PDA

View Full Version : Some Sad times for me right now....... :(

MAINEVENT
04-24-2006, 11:30 AM
I dont normally share this kind of stuff on here but i just got a phone call My son Brody is gonna have head surgery sometime within a week or two, he is believed to have a brain tumor that is at a very hard location to get to... My boy is strong is hanging in there but this surgery has no gaurantee one way or another it will be one of many upcomig procedures he will have to go through, he is only 11 and has no idea of the extent of his situation, it has been some tough times for me and my ex... I would never ask for any prayers as i dont pray myself but keep my boy in your thoughts...
Thanks
Alex :(

WYRD
04-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear Alex, I hope he is ok. as a fellow father my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family

Badger301
04-24-2006, 11:33 AM
In my thoughts and prayers....I hope evrything turns out alright.

pixilatedpussy
04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I dont normally share this kind of stuff on here but i just got a phone call My son Brody is gonna have head surgery sometime within a week or two, he is believed to have a brain tumor that is at a very hard location to get to... My boy is strong is hanging in there but this surgery has no gaurantee one way or another it will be one of many upcomig procedures he will have to go through, he is only 11 and has no idea of the extent of his situation, it has been some tough times for me and my ex... I would never ask for any prayers as i dont pray myself but keep my boy in your thoughts...
Thanks
Alex :(
Oh hunny, You know we are hear for you. Is that what they think caused the water in the brain??? Tell Colleen we are thinking of you both! Hang tough baby! He will be fine! xoxoxoxoxooxox

BADBLOWN572
Really sorry to hear about that. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ziggy
All the best to your boy Alex....keep a positive attitude bro

barbigrl
04-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Hang in there Alex..... he will get through this! I will pray for you and Colleen to have strength for your kids!!!!

Stoneman
04-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Best of luck to the little guy! Thoughts and prayers!!!

Biglue
My God bro. Dude I am so sorry to hear about your boy. My heart goes out to you as a parent myself. Dude I WILL say a prayer for your family. Keep your chin up man. With medicine these days, I'm sure your boy will be fine in no time. God Bless.
Louie and Fam.

NOTALENT
Geez....sorry to hear that Alex. That is horrible news. I wish the best for him. That is just soooo sad to hear. Be strong, you guys will make it through this.

HOOTER SLED-
04-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Whhhhaaaaattt Alex?? Damn bro, I didn't know. What the hell is up with all this bad news on here lately. Call us if you need anything man. You know we're here for ya. Been through this with the boys too. Poor lil' fog-ga-gock. :( Them lil' ones are strong man.

topless
04-24-2006, 11:40 AM
So sorry to hear Alex. I can't imagine one of my babies going through anything like this. You and your family will be and are in my prayers.

fourspeednup
04-24-2006, 11:40 AM
You got the number if you need anything. Sorry to hear about this, nobody deserves something like this especially a young kid. :(

MAINEVENT
04-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys i have dealt with it in my own way some look down on it but it eases the pain for me.... I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers... and for some that have asked it is not one of my triplets its technically my step son but to me he is my son....

pixilatedpussy
04-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys i have dealt with it in my own way some look down on it but it eases the pain for me.... I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers... and for some that have asked it is not one of my triplets its technically my step son but to me he is my son....
You know I love you baby!!!! And you are one of G's best buds! Hang in there babe!

Keith E. Sayre
04-24-2006, 11:54 AM
I'll pray for him too and for you to be strong. He'll see your strength in your
eyes and in your smile. He'll have more courage than you probably but will
benefit from seeing courage in you. God bless both of you.
Keith Sayre

syke-o
04-24-2006, 11:56 AM
my thought go out to your son and i hope the procedure goes as planned..

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
Hi baby...............
I'm glad you decided to post this........ I'm telling you some people will just surprise you in the time of need!!!!!! I love you baby!!!! I'm sure Brody will do just fine ....they are all tuff little boogrs!!!!! You let us know if you need ANYTHING!!!!!!!! We are here in any way way or any time!!!!!

Cole Trickle
He will be in my thoughts!!
I can only hope that the surguery is a complete success and you and the ex have the strength to give him the support he needs.... :rollside:

mbrown2
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Be strong for him....he needs it; I am not normally the praying type, but my thoughts and prayers will be with him.

MRSDRMCAT
04-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't know you but I can feel your pain! Anyone who has children can understand. I will keep your son in my thoughts! Children are so resilient! Hang in there!!

bunny 166
04-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Hang in there Alex--I'm sure he is a strong guy. Tell Colleen we said hi and sending a little prayer your way...Doctors can do amazing things these days...Your Brody will do great...

unleashed
04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Damn...theres nothing worse than for a kid to have to go through this. My prayers are with you, your family and him!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Mrs. casean
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
So sorry Alex! I hope he will be alright. Stay strong for him and know you've got lots of support around here! Possitive thoughts and prayers to you, your son and your family. Hang in there!

Bre
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear this Alex..... let me know if you guys need anything... the girls and I are home together today and tomorrow. We are only a phone call away.

a catered life
04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
for what ever personal reason you dont pray just remember god hears you all the time all you need to do is ask......we are all his children and he would never let us down....my prayers go out to you and yours for having to deal with such a situition(sp?)...and i pray for a speedy and safe recovery.......

spectratoad
04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Stay strong for him. He needs it and you are the light that he looks up to. Trust me I was 23 I think and I still remember looking at my dad as they wheeled me in and saw the reassurance in his face. They do phenominal things nowdays with that surgery. It is all so thought out and nearly routine. I had a brain tumor taken out several years ago and it was in a hard to reach area. They actually went in through my mouth.
Just stay positive and God Bless :)

CBadDad
04-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Sorry to hear that,
Be strong, your boy need you to be.

Mr. Pixilated
04-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Hope everything is going to be OK....
Give me a call if you need a bud to talk too...

Kilrtoy
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
ALEX AND COLLEN,
we will be thinking of you and pray that everything works out for the best of all of you.....

riverbound
04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Sorry to hear this.....looks like the thoughts and prayers list keeps getting longer :(

Wetracer
04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Hi Alex, I know exactly what you are going through. My father last year got a brain tumor. The worst you can get. A Glioblastoma which has fingers like roots of a tree. The doctor told us my Dad had about 6 months to live after surgery. It has been 1 year now and his last MRI and Catscan showed NO SIGN OF CANCER. He is doing really good exercising and eating healthier. So have faith and keep your head up. Mike

Mrs.HLB
04-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Thoughts and prayers are going out for your family... stay strong for him..
Mrs.HLB

Big Warlock
04-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Alex:
I will pray for your son. There is a plan out there and sometimes it i hard to understand. I went through this with my brother three years ago.
If I might, I would like to tell you that the #2 place in the world for this kind of surgery and situation is in Phoenix, Arizona. Barrows institute. Second only to a place in England. If you want the best, please look it up. My home would be available to you and your family if you choose to go this route.
PM me with any questions.
Rob

dbleD's69
04-24-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm not religious but I do believe in the power of Prayer. I'll be praying for you and your family during these trouble times. Please keep us posted.

MAINEVENT
04-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Alex:
I will pray for your son. There is a plan out there and sometimes it i hard to understand. I went through this with my brother three years ago.
If I might, I would like to tell you that the #2 place in the world for this kind of surgery and situation is in Phoenix, Arizona. Barrows institute. Second only to a place in England. If you want the best, please look it up. My home would be available to you and your family if you choose to go this route.
PM me with any questions.
Rob
Thanks for the offer i really do appreciate it, but due to the circumstances i dont really have a huge say so i am just kind of sitting side lines to whatever descisions my ex and his dad comes up with... but i will mention it...
Thanks again everyone this is not like me and for those of you who know me have asked me why so quiet lately this has a huge factor of why... but i am planning a good weekend this weekend and get my mind off some things for abit before I loose it...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Alex, I am so sorry to here this. We will be adding Brody to our prayer list too. If it makes you feel any better, my dad had a simliar type of brain thing and he is alive and kicking, good as new!!!!!
hang in there Alex.
xoxox
Linda

selfmade
04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey Main hang in there and you do what you have to do to cope with this My kid and I are praying for you

Dusty Times
04-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Very sorry to hear about your son. Our prayers go out to your son, you, and the rest of your family. Everything will turn out fine in the end. It's just such a shitty road to go down to get there. Keep your head up and it will be good for him also.

Mandelon
04-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Kids are tough. Our prayers are with you. :(

Charley
04-24-2006, 02:38 PM
SO very sorry to hear about this.... we have a little 8 month "Brody" at home as well. We will be pulling for you and your son Alex, god bless

THOR
04-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Sorry ME, I am praying for him.

Totally IncapASSitated
04-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Hang in there Alex and be strong for him and the rest of your family!!!!
Let the HB family know if there is anything we can do to help...
Alan

MAINEVENT
04-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys its just a all to familiar road my ex and I went through with our kids (triplets) for a whole year and i never thought i would be back in this same fockn boat, I am one that deals ok with the rise and fall of a person it happens i understand that part, but its not suppose to hit someone so young, so we are trained to think that way, at the end of the day nothing is ever promised for tomorrow... I am keeping my hopes high and making somewhat empty promises to him just so he smiles but it fockn kills me inside knowing i might be letting him down in the end..... can i just say..... FOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

pixilatedpussy
04-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks guys its just a all to familiar road my ex and I went through with our kids (triplets) for a whole year and i never thought i would be back in this same fockn boat, I am one that deals ok with the rise and fall of a person it happens i understand that part, but its not suppose to hit someone so young, so we are trained to think that way, at the end of the day nothing is ever promised for tomorrow... I am keeping my hopes high and making somewhat empty promises to him just so he smiles but it fockn kills me inside knowing i might be letting him down in the end..... can i just say..... FOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Babe..you have got to hang in there! Brody needs to see your faith! OK???? Promise me you will hang in there!

Miss Jackie
04-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Wow Alex. I am so sorry to hear about your boy. Just like Cindy said, doctors can do some amazing things. Stay positive, you all will get through this. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Alex you all will be in our prayers until he pulls through this. and he will. You and Colleen hang in there and be strong for him and for yourselves. He doesn't know what to expect but I'm sure he will be scared when it comes down to the surgery. Be there for him and keep telling him you love him. He is going to need as much love as anyone can give him right now to ease some of the fear that is going to creep up on him .. You all hang in there and be there for each other as I'm sure you all know weare all here for all of you. You have our number if yo need that shoulder. Love you honey. Thoughts and prayers all the way.

MAINEVENT
04-24-2006, 04:52 PM
T- I will hun i promise....
Mrs V thank you for your kind words... and your prayers...
And to everyone really it is greatly appreciated...

Aqua Boogie1
04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
I can't imagine what your going thru right now. All prayers to you and your family.

Boa1277
04-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Biological father means nothing, being a dad is in the heart, and obviously you are his dad, kids cannot be over loved and I am sure with your love and your ex's love and his other dads love he will pull through...Good Luck it is way harder to handle when it happens to a child so I am feeling your pain, I get sick to my stomach thinking this kind of thing can happen to children...Take Care..Boa

MagicMtnDan
04-24-2006, 05:06 PM
As a step-father I can imagine what you're going through. I wish there was something I could do to lessen your fears and worries. I hope your son has a quick and full recovery. I wish you and your family the best.

FMluvswater
04-24-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm pulling for you and your son Mainevent. Gonna send up a prayer too anyway. :smile:

IN2-IN2MX
04-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Alex, Mike and I are very sorry to hear about this. We will definitely send some positive thoughts your way...

catalinaskiracer
04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
All my famlies thoughts and prayers go out for you and yours!

AirtimeLavey
04-24-2006, 05:57 PM
We haven't met, but my heart goes out to you and your son, as I'm a father, too. Doesn't seem fair, that the little ones suffer sometimes. I hope all goes as well as possible for the procedure. Hang in there. Kids are tough. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

riverroyal
04-24-2006, 07:01 PM
if you need anything call my cell,im not to far away..this place has been tough this week

MBlaster
04-24-2006, 07:01 PM
for what ever personal reason you dont pray just remember god hears you all the time all you need to do is ask......we are all his children and he would never let us down
Quoted for truth.
It's really tough when the little guys get sick.
My son went through a bone marrow transplant a year and a half ago.
I know what you are feeling and its the toughest ever.
Hang in there my brother, have faith in God, and your Dr's.
And be strong for Brody.
Kids are super amazing, they take illness, and recover way better than adults.
Thoughts and prayers sent out.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey bud I am really sorry to hear this news. Let me know if you need anything and I will be there for sure. Prayers for you and the fam.

Mrs. 4-B
04-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Alex, very sorry to hear this news! Your son will be in my thoughts and prayers. My he have a speedy recovery! God Bless.

orangeriverrat
04-24-2006, 08:02 PM
We will Pray for him , he will be just fine!

pixilatedpussy
04-24-2006, 08:04 PM
T- I will hun i promise....
Mrs V thank you for your kind words... and your prayers...
And to everyone really it is greatly appreciated...
:p :p :p :p

Phat Daddy
04-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Really sorry to hear this bro. If you need anything at all, you know we're here for you. I just hope things work out for the best.

MAINEVENT
04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks guys tonight is one of the first nights i am actually "Sober" I am trying to look on the light of things... although its hard to, I would like to thank everyone for their warm comments, prayers and thoughts, As far as i know right now i am at a stand still... We are waiting for an OP date, maybe as soon as this weekend, if not within 2 weeks as far as i know... Once again thank you for all your comments and offers...
Alex...

Eliminator 4 Life
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Alex sorry to hear your son Brody will be in my prayers for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery

Mrs.Racer277
04-24-2006, 09:21 PM
OMG Alex I am so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Kids are tough. Stay strong for him.

bignet
04-24-2006, 09:29 PM
We've never met brotha, but that doesn't mean my family and I can't pray for your son's successful surgery, and recovery...He'll be strong for you, so be strong for him....
bignet

ELVIS
04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
i pray for you and your familly, keep strong.

Cas
04-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Your son will also be in our thoughts and prayers! The daughter of a very good friend of my wife's went through brain surgery about 4 years ago and other than a couple of scars, she's doing great. Hang in there, it's going to be a tough and bumpy road for the next couple of years.

Tom Brown
04-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Wow. Your son and your entire family have my best wishes, Alex.
Sorry, man. :(

Wake Havasu
04-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Jesus,
Give peace to Brody and let him not be afraid or in any pain whatsoever.
Give peace to Brody’s parents and help them during these very difficult times.
I lift up Brody to you and ask that you guide the hands of the surgeons and nurses that care for him and that he be healed from this tumor never to return or need further medical care again.
Amen

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
04-25-2006, 05:12 AM
I am so sorry to hear this I will pray for you and your family be strong and be strong for the little guy he is looking to you to help him through this.Never feel this kind of thing is too much for HB we are all friends here, inspite of any drama. God bless you and your fam my thoughts and prayers are with you

lucky
04-25-2006, 05:33 AM
OHhh my gooood
Dude -- That is very frighting news - I will be Praying for you, Brady , and your Ex. stay strong - --
I'm so Sry To hear this Alex . Chris

Parker Dreamin
04-25-2006, 06:24 AM
thoughts and prayers with you and the family bro... STay STrong !!!!!

FOUNTAINATLAST
04-25-2006, 06:30 AM
Your Son and Family will be in our thoughts & prayers... :frown: