PDA

View Full Version : Ever yelled "Freebird!" at a concert?

uvindex
03-21-2005, 06:39 PM
This article brought back lots of concert memories...
"One recent Tuesday night at New York's Bowery Ballroom, the Crimea had just finished its second song. The Welsh quintet's first song had gone over fairly well, the second less so, and singer/guitarist Davey MacManus looked out at the still-gathering crowd.
Then, from somewhere in the darkness came the cry, "Freebird!"
It made this night like so many other rock 'n' roll nights in America."
Full article here: http://tinyurl.com/4o6ts
:p

franky
03-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Didn't have to yell it, 1975, heard it, walked out of the place about 10' above the crowd. Nothin like mid 70's Marshall Tucker, Chartlie Daniels Band, Allman Brothers, Lynard two drummers, two lead guitars, jam bands. Someone out there will know what I mean.

Froggystyle
03-22-2005, 08:40 AM
I have yelled "Freebird" at every single concert I have ever gone to. True story.

uvindex
03-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I have yelled "Freebird" at every single concert I have ever gone to. True story.I believe you. :) That's what makes the whole thing so funny to me. It just cracks me up hearing that at a concert where you KNOW that song isn't going to be played. Two thumbs up!

roostwear
03-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Hell, I know someone that SANG it at the Catfish! I won't name Tim by name to protect the (not so) innocent.

RiverOtter
03-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I have yelled "Freebird" at every single concert I have ever gone to. True story.
Whew! Thought I was the only one :D

sizzlingcell
03-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Every show my band plays, someone yells it, no matter if its in Hollyweird , the Valley or ??? Makes you feel like a Rock Star I guess.

Midlife Advantage
03-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Yup, I remember it well. Everytime we played a party or a bar,there was some drunk holding up a wall and slobbering "Freebird man, Freebird!"