PDA

View Full Version : Raylar Kit

moneypit
03-23-2005, 08:40 AM
OK These guys are sold out. They dont expect to have anymore kits ready until April 5-6th. Also, I talked to extreme custom marine and they are sold out. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Does anyone know a place that has a unspoken for kit?
PM me.
Thanks.

C-2
03-23-2005, 08:47 AM
You some type of daredevil....trying to wrench before the poker run? :eek: :eek: :eek:

dicudmore
03-23-2005, 08:47 AM
everything I hear is they are pretty back-ordered....
You get it done I want a ride :D

moneypit
03-23-2005, 08:49 AM
You some type of daredevil....trying to wrench before the poker run? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I could be sick in the head... but, what the hell... My buttcrack tan line may need some work. Nothing like bending over the engine box!

rvrhlic
03-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Good luck finding one. I ordered mine back in ealry february and it is just getting installed this week. They seem to be the hot kit now.

riverracerx
03-23-2005, 11:05 AM
KC, what speeds are you running currently? How much MPH do you expect from the kit?

Ivan Dan
03-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Good luck finding one. I ordered mine back in ealry february and it is just getting installed this week. They seem to be the hot kit now.
Is it gonna be ready for this weekend? You gonna be out?

rvrhlic
03-23-2005, 01:20 PM
KC, what speeds are you running currently? How much MPH do you expect from the kit?
Hard to say on the speeds. I would guess 65ish with the stock setup mybe more, the speedo said 70 but that means nothing. I am having Aaron put in a GPS speedo so I will know true speeds for sure.
I am not getting it so much for top speed but more to have the extra umph when there are a lot of girls on the boat and you need to get the hull working for you. Right now full out will get the air compacting so that we ride smooth with there are a lot of people. I am hoping with the kit it will be able to do that aroun 4200 or so.

rvrhlic
03-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Is it gonna be ready for this weekend? You gonna be out?
I am hoping that Aaron will have it done, I will touch base with him tomorrow to find out. If it is ready, he and I will be out for a little on Saturday and then I am turning and heading back to LA. I am just making sure that everything is ready for the following weekend when there are a bunch of people coming up.
rvr

DM25CITATION
03-23-2005, 07:31 PM
good luck with the kit. i order ed my a day after the LA boat show and got it about 3 weeks later. they are so back order. i dont think raylar expected the kit to be this popular. i finish my install about a week ago and cant wait until this weekend to test it out.
hey rhlivr, we should meet up on sat, i would love to check your out. iam meeting up with shadow on sat. ( if hes around.)

surfer2001
03-23-2005, 07:38 PM
good luck with the kit. i order ed my a day after the LA boat show and got it about 3 weeks later. they are so back order. i dont think raylar expected the kit to be this popular. i finish my install about a week ago and cant wait until this weekend to test it out.
hey rhlivr, we should meet up on sat, i would love to check your out. iam meeting up with shadow on sat. ( if hes around.)
what "if anything" did you do to your prop?

rvrhlic
03-23-2005, 09:29 PM
I would meet up with you guys depending on if I am up there. I have to check with Aaron to see if he willbe done by Saturday. I am not sure how long I am going to be out since I am running solo this weekend.

franky
03-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Aaron is down for the count, induced labor on his wife today, kid time, not shop time.

rvrhlic
03-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Aaron is down for the count, induced labor on his wife today, kid time, not shop time.
Guess I will have to wait another week or so for my boat to be done then. Congrats to Aaron on the new baby!

DM25CITATION
03-24-2005, 10:39 AM
surf,
iam going to test different props this weekend. i think iam going to end up with a 28 pitch. i should have result posted by tuesday when i get back.
rvr,
iam going to be back to havasu on the weekend on april 7-10. maybe we can meet up than.
dm

surfer2001
03-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey, thanks i was asking because my boat is a 25 Nordic and i'm planning to install the kit sometime in the future. I am also very interested in how much of a speed increase you going to get. HP & HP it is what it is, but 100+ HP = how much MPH? 8 ~ 12 ?? 10 ~ 15 ??

DM25CITATION
03-30-2005, 11:51 AM
hey guys,
the results on a advantage 25citation.
i had to stay a extra day in havasu. it was too nice to leave (talking about the boat perforance, of course). i am soo happy with the kit. the torque is there when u need it. i feels like iam driving a new boat. i gain about 12 mph on a tester aliumion 28 pitch prop. i think when i dial in on a stainless steel prop and right pitch. i would gain a few more mph. i should be at 75 mph on a old 496 mag. i use be be at 55mph with 6 people abroad. now with the same people and cruising at 65 mph. top speed this weekend was 70 at 4900rpm. getting on plane at half the time.

shadow
03-30-2005, 04:09 PM
hey guys,
the results on a advantage 25citation.
i had to stay a extra day in havasu. it was too nice to leave (talking about the boat perforance, of course). i am soo happy with the kit. the torque is there when u need it. i feels like iam driving a new boat. i gain about 12 mph on a tester aliumion 28 pitch prop. i think when i dial in on a stainless steel prop and right pitch. i would gain a few more mph. i should be at 75 mph on a old 496 mag. i use be be at 55mph with 6 people abroad. now with the same people and cruising at 65 mph. top speed this weekend was 70 at 4900rpm. getting on plane at half the time.
Congrats on your new upgrades,Glad you are pleased with the results.Hard not to be when you gain an extra 10-15mph.
rvrhlic,You should be just as happy with the gains you will see.I was by Absolute today and Aaron was working away at yours.Trust me you will be happy with the results.