PDA

View Full Version : Living Will...

diggler
03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
So I decided, at the tender age of 34, that after all this bullshit with Terry Schiavo... I have no interest in being kept alive if I'm in a persistant vegetative state. Jesus, **** this... I sure as hell wouldn't want to be kept alive for 15 or so years if I'm not even aware? Imagine the burden on the family!!!
so... I filled out a living will and sent it to my brother. (My parents may not be around if this happens). My bro laughs and says "sure". I then hear him on the phone tell his wife that he agreed to kill me (she never liked me much).
So... if anyone's interested, here's a link to a .pdf file that you can fill out and give to your advocate for power of attorney to withhold medical care on your behalf to allow you to die in the event you're a big veggie. :messedup:
http://www.freep.com/pdf/2005/03/23/powerofattorney.pdf

racecar.hotshoe
03-23-2005, 06:17 PM
JJB has been in that state for years he doesnt seem to mind! :hammerhea

MsDrmr
03-23-2005, 06:36 PM
I guess I'm lucky, my sis is the executive of state, but we all agree with my folks' wished with what they want.
I don't want to be kept alive and want to be creamated and they all know and agree with that also, what I need is a will regarding property, child and so forth..At the age of 32 I could die this evening, I know I need to get this stuff taken care of, for my sons sake

ahhell
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
The wife and I we're just talking about this...first of all ...its none of my F***** business what Schiavos family wants, the husband is in charge ('till death do you part) Secondly, Im having a Tattoo put on my chest that says.....D.N.R. (do not resuscitate), If im going to be laying there having my wife, kids, nurse changing my diapers after doing 45 minutes of CPR on my happy ass....PLEASE PULL THE PLUG...If I CANT DRIVE MYSELF SOMEWHERE ...wether in my car or in my boat...I DONT NEED TO BE HERE.
Sorry to be so harsh...but I see this shit every day, someone brought into the ER, full arrest, and they get a pulse...and thats all...ICU for 4-6 weeks and BAM...pushing daisies anyway...Honey if i cant provide, unplug me..amen :D

Flying Tiger
03-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I recently did the same,, and gave copies to everyone. It's good too in the fact that anything challenged in court can be argued "why didn't you bring it up when TPC was alive?"
A BFD.
I don't like the idea my kids knowing I'm worth much more to them dead than alive,
but I sure as hell don't want them taking care of me if my life sux to the point of being a burden on them.
Not only pull the plug,, but don't plug it in in the first place.
I've lived the teriffic life of 20 men,, wouldn't trade places with anyone,, so if my health degenerates, pull the tube.
I'd hate to be a burden like that on anyone.
http://www.americansandassociation.org/myalbum/albun42/3812Picture_5.thumb.jpg

barbigrl
03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Funny I filled this stuff out today......but not for me. I do a ton of estate planning so if anyone has any questions just hit me up!! :wink: