PDA

View Full Version : paging...team lombo,boxscore or clownpuncher

essexjet
03-23-2005, 10:21 PM
I was reading the threads about Max the dog being found and the incredible journey this dog had. I was very impressed (for lack of a better word) of how this person found a dog in the middle of the desert and nursed him back to health. If you guys talk to Mike can you ask if there is a way that I can get this guys name and address so I can send him a thank you card and maybe a gift certificate for dinner on me or something. I know that Mike will have to ask this guy first before posting his info or can pm me or e-mail ( firemedicjd@msn.com ). Thanks in advance......James

Mrs.Racer277
03-24-2005, 01:09 AM
That is a wonderful idea.

boxscore
03-24-2005, 06:13 AM
I'll work on that today. Fine idea.

TeamLombo
03-24-2005, 06:35 AM
A great idea for sure!
Andrew, let me know if you need any help with that. I will be talking to Mike and Sandy this morning. They surely have the people's phone and address still.
Michael.

clownpuncher
03-24-2005, 06:44 AM
:d

JetBoatRich
03-24-2005, 06:54 AM
I was truely amazed :2purples: at they found MAX and it is a heart warming story. Great Idea James

essexjet
03-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I'll work on that today. Fine idea.
Thanks I'll be waiting.

boxscore
03-24-2005, 08:32 AM
I just got off the phone with Scott in Havasu City. He's the guy that found Max. Totally humble dude. Really concerned about Madison's condition, etc. I mentioned that a few peeps wanted to send him a token for his efforts and he balked.... but I say bull$hit. I told him at the very least to expect some form of appreciation from those on ***boat Forums. I have his address and phone. Any ideas? How about something really creative rather than just the ol' gift certificate to Red Robin. Not that that wouldn't be bad, we can do that as well.
BTW...get this... He found Max about 18 miles from the accident site. Spotted him laying in a little dry wash and thought he was dead for sure. He's certain that Max hadn't a ounce of food for the 3 1/2 weeks and just drank from many places of standing water throughout the desert. Thank God for the rain.

essexjet
03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
I know for a fact that we all can come together for something. Now the question is what can WE do to show our appreciation to this guy. Any and all suggestions would be great.