PDA

View Full Version : My buddy went to jail

ryantparks
03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
He got pulled over in a DUI checkpoint and when they ran his Id they said he had a warrant for his arrest.
What had happened was in Dec. he didnt quit make a through a green light before it turned red and the light snapped a photo of him and sent him the ticket in the mail that he never received therefore he didnt show up for his court date that he had no idea about.
Hes never been in trouble and doesnt have a record until now and hes not very happy. We knew something was wrong when he didnt show up for work.
He spent the night in jail from about 12am-9am then was released.
Bullshit if you ask me! It seems to me like these should be certified!

Jordy
03-24-2005, 09:41 AM
There is more to the story. You have to be served personally or respond to it after getting it in the mail or the ticket isn't valid because of improper service. ;)

jackpunx
03-24-2005, 09:44 AM
There is more to the story. You have to be served personally or respond to it after getting it in the mail or the ticket isn't valid because of improper service. ;)
Nice

slink
03-24-2005, 09:45 AM
He's pulling your leg. 1 infraction citation does not land you in jail.....sorry

Jordy
03-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Nice
I've done some research on it because we have the cameras all over the place out here. ;)

Havasu Cig
03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
He's pulling your leg. 1 infraction citation does not land you in jail.....sorry
Exactly, definitely more to the story. The jails down here won't even book on an infraction.

Brady Bunch
03-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Sounds to me that he probably got a DUI and is ashamed to tell you the truth... Just my .02..............

AZKC
03-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Sounds like somebody got there 1st DUI :frown:

AZKC
03-24-2005, 10:05 AM
That was quick JP :)

ryantparks
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Maybe you guys are right, this is what he has told us guys at work. I probably wouldnt tell everyone that I got a DUI either.

Johnny Holstein
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
You know, when I was in jail everyone in the place was not guilty. Myself included :squiggle:

THATJEFFGUY
03-24-2005, 10:22 AM
There has got to me more to the story than that ! If I'm not mistaken, I think now most counties/cities just turn unpaid misdemeanor traffic citations over to collection agencies now. They don't really have the manpower to issue an arrest warrant for a traffic citation. It's the officers discretion to arrest on an outstanding warrant, and alot of agencies now even have an unwritten "threshold bail amount". I know of one local agency that will not arrest unless the warrant is for more than $10,000. So at the most, they would have advised your buddy of the warrant IF it was only a traffic citation warrant. But sounds to me like it was a DUI, and he was hooked and stuck in the drunk tank for a few hours then released.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-24-2005, 10:47 AM
I say he got a dui. Why would they have ran his ID ? They don't run everyone's id's at a checkpoint unless you are getting arrested right??

emjay
03-24-2005, 11:03 AM
I say he got a dui. Why would they have ran his ID ? They don't run everyone's id's at a checkpoint unless you are getting arrested right??
Y'all are probably right! D. U. F'n. I.
But leave it to a woman to nail it right on the head! :hammer2:
9 hours = drunk tank. :messedup:
http://www.topgundui.com/
http://www.hutton-wilson.com/cdd/list.asp
Hope your buddy won't need a ride to work for the nexy 6 months :eek:

Jordy
03-24-2005, 01:08 PM
You know, when I was in jail everyone in the place was not guilty. Myself included :squiggle:
Lawyer fukked me. ;)

Ntwotrance
03-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Maybe you guys are right, this is what he has told us guys at work. I probably wouldnt tell everyone that I got a DUI either.
is he from the O.C.? if he is you can go on the ocsd web site and see what the warrant was for.....

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-24-2005, 04:19 PM
nahh, that's not what happened....
he got busted trying to pick up a hooker........and the hooker was a dude......and that dude was also a cop.......and the cop got pissed after he took a swing at him...........
yeah, thats what happend.........LOL

Jrocket
03-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Lawyer fukked me. ;)
Was'nt me,they got the wrong guy.

Ziggy
03-24-2005, 04:34 PM
There has got to me more to the story than that ! If I'm not mistaken, I think now most counties/cities just turn unpaid misdemeanor traffic citations over to collection agencies now.
Actually, I think they tag your car registration and bill you with the next renewal

MudPumper
03-24-2005, 04:39 PM
If he was arrested for outstanding warrants he would have stayed in jail until he appeared before the judge. If they released him the next morning he was in the drunk tank.

HavasuBarney
03-24-2005, 05:07 PM
He got pulled over in a DUI checkpoint and when they ran his Id they said he had a warrant for his arrest.
What had happened was in Dec. he didnt quit make a through a green light before it turned red and the light snapped a photo of him and sent him the ticket in the mail that he never received therefore he didnt show up for his court date that he had no idea about.
Hes never been in trouble and doesnt have a record until now and hes not very happy. We knew something was wrong when he didnt show up for work.
He spent the night in jail from about 12am-9am then was released.
Bullshit if you ask me! It seems to me like these should be certified!
He spent a whole night in jail. I'll bet he got raped!

Dribble
03-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Now where would you ever get an idea like that ?? :D :D

Havasu Cig
03-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Good to see you back!!