PDA

View Full Version : Campbell boat storage.

DEMOMAN
03-24-2005, 04:25 PM
I recently moved my boat to Campbell's boat storage. Has anyone used their service department for maintenance work or detailing? I like the idea of not having to tow somewhere for service but have not used them before, any info?

Kachina26
03-24-2005, 04:49 PM
They did my 20 hour service with them and an oil change, I had no complaints. They pulled the boat out and put her back just the way I left her.

Procraftkev
03-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Whats it cost for storage there,I need about 33ft?

Kilrtoy
03-24-2005, 05:11 PM
how long were you in line for that place. I have been calling them for almost 2 years and cant get in

boxscore
03-24-2005, 05:27 PM
how long were you in line for that place. I have been calling them for almost 2 years and cant get in
I share a space at Campbell with a buddy... as soon as the Islander finishes with their new storage I 'll be moving over there. Perhaps you can move into my old spot and shre with this other guy. $230/mo total.. we pay half of that. Lemme know if you're interested.

boxscore
03-24-2005, 05:29 PM
They did my 20 hour service with them and an oil change, I had no complaints. They pulled the boat out and put her back just the way I left her.
Same here... it's nice to have them just pull it out, service it, and put it back.

riverracerx
03-24-2005, 05:50 PM
My boat lives there. 35' spot.
Call them up, they will fuel it, charge it, tune it, put in in your slip, pull it out and clean it up for you.
All for a price. But worth it on Memorial Day weekend!
And their service is great. They do my drive service and they did a great job installing a sea strainer and moving my water pickup.

summerlove
03-24-2005, 07:32 PM
I've used Campbell for years - since the mid 80's. The service is great, like riverracerx says, the service is awesome. They have done everything on my boat over the years at least once and have never had a complaint. Pricey, but good. Their detail is also very good, but again, pricey.

Mrs. casean
03-24-2005, 09:43 PM
My brother had a storage there and would always have them service... he'd just call them up and tell them when he would be there and to have it serviced or whatever needed to be done... always had good things to say about them :D

Kachina26
03-25-2005, 06:56 AM
I hung on to my empty spot for 5 months while in between boats just to avoid going back on the wait list :D

CJ
03-25-2005, 10:57 AM
I used to use Campbell for storage, until I bought a house to store my boat. However, they will still drive all the way to the South to pick up my boat for service.
Campbell has been awesome!

Essex502
03-25-2005, 11:05 AM
I used Campbell's for storage before we had our first Havasu house built. The only complaint I had was once I asked them to detail it and when I picked up the boat both batteries were dead. I don't know if the were playing the stereo or ran a portable vacuum cleaner off of the 12V recepticle but it has been the only time that my batteries have ever gone dead. That was over two years ago and I am still using the same batteries with no problems. When I spoke with the counter folks they appologized and said that they had no clue why the batteries were dead and said to let them know the next time I was coming to pick it up and they'd charge them up for no cost before I arrived.
Other than that...I had one oil change/drive lube change done there and they did fine.
I think it was simply an anomaly. I wouldn't hesitate to return there if needed.

dicudmore
03-25-2005, 11:14 AM
I've also heard nothing but good about Campbell.....
Kilr, Procraft....I'm with ya on the storage thing. They told me the waiting list is approx 1 year :jawdrop: The price on 35' is around 170
Procraft, check with Marie at Londonderry real estate...
928-855-1422...she turned me on to a guy that bought several of those "boat condos" that are about a block over from Campbell. he had a couple of 40' stalls and 60' stalls. I'm paying $200 for a 40'
I noticed last weekend one of the units across from me had a for rent sign on the door as well...

voodoomedman
03-25-2005, 01:50 PM
If it doesn't work out with Campbell then take your boat to Aaron at Absolute Speed and Marine for service. You will not be dissapointed.