PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Tahiti????

MudPumper
03-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Where did you stay, how did you like it? I'm going in a couple of months and want to hear your thoughts. :shift:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Where did you stay, how did you like it? I'm going in a couple of months and want to hear your thoughts. :shift:
I think MidlifeAdvantage went with his current ex-wife......
....or was that Tehachapi......
Hehe!
CJG

Ziggy
03-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Fiji is as close as I've been...and I'd go again in half a heartbeat. From what I've been told its very similar except Tahiti is more commercialized/touristy and on our side of the International Dateline :D
If you're going, enjoy the hell out of it...and watch out for cannibals :rollside:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I was in Paphiti and Bora Bora for two weeks. It wasn't cheap. Bora Bora is pretty small and you don't have much reason to leave your resort. We stayed in the cabanas on stilts over water. Very killer!!! In Paphiti, 4 burgers, 4 fires, and 4 cokes was $82.00.
it is absolutley beautiful there. good choice! Take lots of pics and post when you get back please!

cdog
03-24-2005, 04:42 PM
We went there for our honeymoon. It's unbelievable! Truely paradise. Try not to stay in tahiti. Stay on Moorea and bora bora. The main island tahiti is nice but does'nt compare to the other two. The people are really friendly and the food OK. But I guess that depends on where you stay. We stayed at the beachcomber. We are planning a trip within the next year or two, before we have kids. This time we want to dive. We just got certified in fiji back in october. The beaches are the best in the world. Pack a suitcase full of food because their food is really expensive and they poke the tourist in the ass with the prices on just about everything, but it's definitly worth it.

Ziggy
03-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I was in Paphiti and Bora Bora for two weeks. It wasn't cheap. Bora Bora is pretty small and you don't have much reason to leave your resort. We stayed in the cabanas on stilts over water. Very killer!!! In Paphiti, 4 burgers, 4 fires, and 4 cokes was $82.00.
it is absolutley beautiful there. good choice! Take lots of pics and post when you get back please!
In that regard Fiji rocked---everything there seemed to cost about 1/2 of what it cost here at home. $50 bucks would feed and entertain both of us all day long...like Kings and Queens.

NashvilleBound
03-24-2005, 04:48 PM
In Tahiti you can stay ay the Hyatt. Great Sunday shopping at the locals swap meet style mall. Do not miss going to the diner on top of the hill for a sunset dinner.....the jeep ride is worth every penny;) If you want privacy go to Bora Bora...Boring Boring if your looking for excitement. We had a bungalo Over the water....besides being next to a couple of gay guys from France it was great. Fukking queers... Morea (sp) is where all the action is. I think there was even one of the Club something or other there too. On Bora Bora you can snorkle with the sharks...I did it and it was something I look back on and would NEVER do again...but you should try it :D Dont forget to get certified for diving even if you only go 10-15 feet down...its really a neccesity...and an underwater camera.
Enjoy.

nodigg
03-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Went a couple of years back. One of the all time best vacations for all of us. Moorea on a hut over the bay! French cuisine every meal, served with out the French attitude. Topless beaches, great water, snorkeling right off the patio, one French t.v. station, great place to undwind for sure.....ahhhh! Ready for Bora Bora soon. Some say Boring, Boring so it sounds good to me. Didn't care much for the main island or Papaetee (sp?) Too city like.

cdog
03-24-2005, 04:53 PM
In that regard Fiji rocked---everything there seemed to cost about 1/2 of what it cost here at home. $50 bucks would feed and entertain both of us all day long...like Kings and Queens.
Yep. The exchange rate was killer. Fiji was nice but more crowded than moorea. If your really into the getting away from it all aspect then I think moorea and bora bora is the place to go. Tahiti is a french poly. island so they use tahiti dollars based on the euro currency. Our exchange rate their sucks right now. I sure could go for a cold hinano right about now. (Tahiti Beer). Did you try the fiji bitters?

Boatcop
03-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Been to both places, courtesy of Uncle Sam's Confused Group.
But that was almost 30 years ago, and most of it is now (and was then :D ) just a blur. :messedup:
The one thing I DO remember about Fiji was going with some native dude down this river, through the jungle to this awsome point break outside of Suva. 4-6 foot perfect waves. No body around. Eating coconuts and breadfruit. (since we didn't bring any food)
Learned how to climb a coconut tree, and use a machete to open it up, and poke a reed through the shell to drink the juice. Absolutely loved the place. :cool:

MudPumper
03-24-2005, 04:56 PM
We're going for our honeymoon and to do a lot of diving. Plan on taking a 10 night luxury cruise that goes to all the islands and then at the end we are going to stay a few nights in the over water bungalow.

cdog
03-24-2005, 04:57 PM
In Tahiti you can stay ay the Hyatt. Great Sunday shopping at the locals swap meet style mall. Do not miss going to the diner on top of the hill for a sunset dinner.....the jeep ride is worth every penny;) If you want privacy go to Bora Bora...Boring Boring if your looking for excitement. We had a bungalo Over the water....besides being next to a couple of gay guys from France it was great. Fukking queers... Morea (sp) is where all the action is. I think there was even one of the Club something or other there too. On Bora Bora you can snorkle with the sharks...I did it and it was something I look back on and would NEVER do again...but you should try it :D Dont forget to get certified for diving even if you only go 10-15 feet down...its really a neccesity...and an underwater camera.
Enjoy.
We did the black tip shark snorking and sting ray tour also. What a rush. One of the coolest things i've ever done in my life.

cdog
03-24-2005, 04:58 PM
We're going for our honeymoon and to do a lot of diving. Plan on taking a 10 night luxury cruise that goes to all the islands and then at the end we are going to stay a few nights in the over water bungalow.
You'll love it. I'm jelious!

JB in so cal
03-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Been to both places, courtesy of Uncle Sam's Confused Group.
But that was almost 30 years ago, and most of it is now (and was then :D ) just a blur. :messedup:
The one thing I DO remember about Fiji was going with some native dude down this river, through the jungle to this awsome point break outside of Suva. 4-6 foot perfect waves. No body around. Eating coconuts and breadfruit. (since we didn't bring any food)
Learned how to climb a coconut tree, and use a machete to open it up, and poke a reed through the shell to drink the juice. Absolutely loved the place. :cool:
I'm thinking these skills weren't too useful to prepare you for your current occupation...
Although. The lower part of the river above Bluewater does have a large reed grove!

NashvilleBound
03-24-2005, 05:18 PM
I think the rules are your supposed to bring all the pumpers and ex-pumpers that you know....and since we go way back.... like family....
LOL.... you will have a great time. The cruise was our other option...I would probably stick with that so you see a little of everything and can pig out anytime on the boat.

nodigg
03-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Hinano! :d

MudPumper
03-24-2005, 05:39 PM
The cruise was our other option...I would probably stick with that so you see a little of everything and can pig out anytime on the boat.
That was the idea, to be able to see everything and not have to worry about food and what not. I wanted to do an "all inclusive" vacation but none of the resorts over there offer it. On some of the islands, the ship will stay for 2 days so there will be plenty of time to do what ever we want and not have to worry about getting back to the boat before it leaves. I've been diving for about 5 yrs now and all of it has been off of California, cold and not the best visibility. I can't wait to get into the 75+ degree crystal clear water. :rollside:

little rowe boat
03-24-2005, 06:18 PM
We did the 10 day cruise, a year ago last November,we had a great time.I would recommend it in a heart beat.The water down there is absolutely beautiful.

Budget Baller
03-24-2005, 07:05 PM
I will let you know how it is. We are going April 29th on a cruise to Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahaa, and Raiatea. The ship is the Paul Gauguain. Ready to go!!!

nodigg
03-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Man I'm jealous! Off topic...Cook Islands, Raratonga! THE BEST we have done.

MudPumper
03-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I will let you know how it is. We are going April 29th on a cruise to Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahaa, and Raiatea. The ship is the Paul Gauguain. Ready to go!!!
Baller, that is the same one I'm going on. Let me know how it goes.

Midlife Advantage
03-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Yes we did go there on our honeymoon, I wonder if you guys are the couple we met there that stayed in the stilts! that was in 87, but we had a good time, wish we brought alcohol with us that that couple did! it is expensive! Stayed on Bora Bora first then went to Moorea, I went scuba diving there it was awesome.

Midlife Advantage
03-24-2005, 10:36 PM
That was the idea, to be able to see everything and not have to worry about food and what not. I wanted to do an "all inclusive" vacation but none of the resorts over there offer it. On some of the islands, the ship will stay for 2 days so there will be plenty of time to do what ever we want and not have to worry about getting back to the boat before it leaves. I've been diving for about 5 yrs now and all of it has been off of California, cold and not the best visibility. I can't wait to get into the 75+ degree crystal clear water. :rollside:
Dude, get a dive guide. I did on Moorea and they know how to show you where ALL the monsters are! I had the best dive ever there, went down to 95 feet and saw stuff you will not see here, at least not as huge and clear. visibility was about 200'

Craig
03-25-2005, 04:00 AM
We also spent our honeymoon there two yeeas ago. Best trip ever :) We stayed 4 days on Moorea in a beach front bungalo and then 4 days on Bora Bora in an overwater bungalo, too cool! Small islands but very relaxing. Did the jeep tour on Bora Bora and had dinner at Bloody Mary's (well worth the price) Also split our 4 open water dives for certification between the two islands. Lots of black tip and lemon sharks. We were down 90 feet and it was clear as day! Rent a car for a half a day on Moorea and drive around the island. We're talking about going back in 2 years when the wife graduates.
Craig

duffster
03-25-2005, 06:14 AM
We went to Moorea a few years back. Killer place I want to go back very clean water. It makes Hawaii look like a sh#t hole.

H20skier
03-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Been there twice, only for a day or so after a cruise. Papeete a little crowded and dirty, but people are friendly. The Marche is an interesting place to shop (great tattoo guy upstairs). Last time we stayed at the Beachcomber, out near the airport. 5 star. Beautiful rooms and grounds. Have own lagoon for snorkeling. Infinity pools, swim-up bar, activities, great restaurant etc. Also a few topless pool-goers (female). Enjoy!

Parker Dreamin
03-25-2005, 08:30 AM
We did 4 days in Borra Borra, staying at Le Merridian over the water bungalows...... then 4 days on Moorea, staying at Beachcomber. If I could do it again I would stay all 8 days at the Le Meridian on Borra Borra... the place is the shit if you want to relax and enjoy some cold beers.... had the time of our life... can not wait to go back.

sam pioske
03-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Just go MAN!!! Paul G sale now $2200 See Paul G place . Do you guy agree that we know why those Britts said go on without us to thier boat honcho? Some good looking female bodys- of coarse no TOPLESS ticketts You may or maynot want to give your gal that info Oh well got to stop dreaming and drinking and off to Sand Mountian Buggys and quads a waiting Mo home full of booze food and fireworks, hope the fun police don't bust us Hi ho silver s